Votes: 3 6.0%
  • Yes, but I am non-religious

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • No, but I believe in a higher power

Votes: 8 16.0%
  • No, not at all

Votes: 16 32.0%

• Total voters
As most of you guys know, the greatest commandment is to love God and to love your neighbor as yourself, right? And do you guys think you're doing just fine on that matter because you're helping out others and making donation of quite a bit of money? Hmmmm.. Let me ask you some questions. When was the last time you bought as nice house as you're living in for your neighbor? When was the last time you bought your neighbor as nice car as you're driving? Can you do these to your neighbor? Because if you really loved your neighbor as "YOURSELF," you would do those things, right? Too hard? Sure, let me go a little easier on you. When was the last time you washed your neighbor's dirty feet? Don't you wash yours everyday?

Mety said:
As most of you guys know, the greatest commandment is to love God and to love your neighbor as yourself, right? And do you guys think you're doing just fine on that matter because you're helping out others and making donation of quite a bit of money? Hmmmm.. Let me ask you some questions. When was the last time you bought as nice house as you're living in for your neighbor? When was the last time you bought your neighbor as nice car as you're driving? Can you do these to your neighbor? Because if you really loved your neighbor as "YOURSELF," you would do those things, right? Too hard? Sure, let me go a little easier on you. When was the last time you washed your neighbor's dirty feet? Don't you wash yours everyday?

Give me a break.

Ephesians 4:28 

Let him that stole steal no more: but rather let him labour, working with his hands the thing which is good, that he may have to give to him that needeth.

My comment: How can you help? If you don?t work.

eyephone said:
Mety said:

Give me a break.

Exactly. You can't do those things. You can't love your neighbor as yourself. I admit I can't.

eyephone said:
Mety said:
eyephone said:
I really don?t care what Mety says. He can copy and paste, but does he really live by it. He can put his hand on the Bible, but I don?t see him sticking up for other people and help the unfortunate.

Copying and pasting without giving a proper credit would be a plagiarism. Try copying and pasting what I wrote and see if you can find it elsewhere in search engines.

More importantly, the main message of The Bible or the gospel is not about helping the unfortunate. Don't get me wrong. Helping the unfortunate is definitely something a believer would do and God condemns those who don't throughout His Words. However, there are tons of other books and other religions encouraging on that matter as well. The main message or the real difference is that The Bible is teaching Jesus Christ is the ONLY ONE who performs all those good things in our lives. We, followers of Jesus Christ, are only responsible to have that faith/belief and repent of our shortcomings. All the good things including standing up and helping the unfortunate are all being done by Christ Himself. It's never our own goodness because we don't have ANY goodness to begin with. Knowing and believing that everyday is the most important if not the only meaning of "living by it as a Christian."

What Bible have you been reading? Let me share with you the versus that show about the importance of helping others.

What Bible? I usually read ESV. I also said it's very important to help others also if you read what I wrote again. I just brought up a greater importance as well.

eyephone said:
Mety said:

Give me a break.

Let him that stole steal no more: but rather let him labour, working with his hands the thing which is good, that he may have to give to him that needeth.

Yes, even that verse you quoted says work to help others. It doesn't say work to get yourself's needs first. Did you first buy your neighbor a  home before buying yours? I bought mine first.

Mety said:
eyephone said:
Mety said:

Give me a break.

Yes, even that verse you quoted says work to help others. It doesn't say work to get yourself's needs first. Did you first buy your neighbor a  home before buying yours? I bought mine first.

It?s a tri purpose verse:
1. Don?t do criminal activity or go the bad path. If you have, do the right thing.
2. Do work which is the right thing.
3. Help others (which your previous comment was the opposite)

eyephone said:
Mety said:
eyephone said:
Mety said:

Give me a break.

1. Don?t do criminal activity or go the bad path. If you have, do the right thing.

Doing verse by verse, section by section. I like that, brotha. Here are my questions on your listings.

1. Who determines that whatever he was doing (Stealing in this case) was a criminal activity or a bad path?
2. Who says working is a right thing?
3. Helping other I agree with (but where did I say the opposite? quote please)

Remember, I'm not saying stealing is good and working is bad. I never said helping others is not what Jesus teaches. I'm trying to get to the core where we think is good or bad is really coming from.

Mety said:
eyephone said:
Mety said:
eyephone said:
Mety said:

Give me a break.

Doing verse by verse, section by section. I like that, brotha. Here are my questions on your listings.

1. Who determines that whatever he was doing (Stealing in this case) was a criminal activity or a bad path?

Remember, I'm not saying stealing is good and working is bad. I never said helping others is not what Jesus teaches. I'm trying to get to the core where we think is good or bad is really coming from.

This is what you posted:

More importantly, the main message of The Bible or the gospel is not about helping the unfortunate. Don't get me wrong. Helping the unfortunate is definitely something a believer would do and God condemns those who don't throughout His Words. However, there are tons of other books and other religions encouraging on that matter as well.

Mety said:
eyephone said:
Mety said:
eyephone said:
Mety said:

Give me a break.

Read Ephesians 4:28 again. It says it in the verse. Do you understand the Bible? Because there are numerous examples of good and bad.

eyephone said:
Mety said:
eyephone said:
Mety said:
eyephone said:
Mety said:

Give me a break.

This is what you posted:

More importantly, the main message of The Bible or the gospel is not about helping the unfortunate. Don't get me wrong. Helping the unfortunate is definitely something a believer would do and God condemns those who don't throughout His Words. However, there are tons of other books and other religions encouraging on that matter as well.

You should have quoted the entire message I wrote. I'll just write again with a little bit more of explanations.

While helping others is something a Christian would surely do, any good work including helping others is all work of God. If you've done something good (like helping others), that's God working through in your life. God sometimes works through even non-believers. But as for anyone who claims himself as a Christian, he/she should know that any good work being done by in one's life is God working through him/her. No human has "goodness" in us. We can only repent of this and ask God to carry His good works in us.

eyephone said:
Mety said:
eyephone said:
Mety said:
eyephone said:
Mety said:

Give me a break.

Read Ephesians 4:28 again. It says it in the verse. Do you understand the Bible? Because there are numerous examples of good and bad.

Sure. What is good and what is bad?

But before all these, are you a Christian? If not, I have a little more capacity to understand your position since you don't know God's words fully yet. But if you are Christian, please let me know. I might have to correct you a little. And it's out of love, my friend.

Mety said:
eyephone said:
Mety said:
eyephone said:
Mety said:
eyephone said:
Mety said:

Give me a break.

This is what you posted:

You should have quoted the entire message I wrote. I'll just write again with a little bit more of explanations.

While helping others is something a Christian would surely do, any good work including helping others is all work of God. If you've done something good (like helping others), that's God working through in your life. God sometimes works through even non-believers. But as for anyone who claims himself as a Christian, he/she should know that any good work being done by in one's life is God working through him/her. No human has "goodness" in us. We can only repent of this and ask God to carry His good works in us.

Now you are walking back your previous statement. Your previous statement made it seem that I was talking about Karma or something.

Mety said:
eyephone said:
Mety said:
eyephone said:
Mety said:
eyephone said:
Mety said:

Give me a break.

Sure. What is good and what is bad?

But before all these, are you a Christian? If not, I have a little more capacity to understand your position since you don't know God's words fully yet. But if you are Christian, please let me know. I might have to correct you a little. And it's out of love, my friend.

I really think you are making this a joke of the Bible. If you don?t know what bad is then I can?t help you out.

@eyephone,

It seems like you misunderstood what I wrote. My fault is also responsible if I made it hard to understand.

Also when I ask questions especially in this thread, I'm not asking because I don't know. Jesus asked lotta questions. He didn't ask to get the information out of you. He knows all the information there is already. Only borrowing His skills, I'm asking because I want YOU to get to the point of your talking correctly.

One example, you quoted a verse saying stealing is bad and yes, it is bad indeed. But I want you to think how you got that information. Everyone knows stealing is bad, but how do we know that? We know because it is against the law. But before that, we know because God gave that Law to Israel at a time of Exodus. You might not know, but there are organizations out there in this age giving propaganda of stealing or sexual abusing women are not bad at all. God told Israel those are bad and we, being American who originally set up the laws from God's Laws, know those are bad.

Because we know those are bad we don't commit those things. But Jesus came to this earth 2000+ years ago and said, we all already have committed those sins. How? He said if you have had a thought of those things in your head even once, you already have committed those sins.  If you have coveted your neighbor's possessions or anything, you already have committed stealing even though you have not externally. If you had a desire with a woman who is not your wife, you have committed a sin of adultery. These are not my words. Every Christian knows these are Jesus' words. Jesus came to this earth to give the information of good and bad correctly and the final lesson is that we are all bad. Thus we need Him to forgive us.

Mety said:
@eyephone,

It seems like you misunderstood what I wrote. My fault is also responsible if I made it hard to understand.

Also when I ask questions especially in this thread, I'm not asking because I don't know. Jesus asked lotta questions. He didn't ask to get the information out of you. He knows all the information there is already. Only borrowing His skills, I'm asking because I want YOU to get to the point of your talking correctly.

One example, you quoted a verse saying stealing is bad and yes, it is bad indeed. But I want you to think how you got that information. Everyone knows stealing is bad, but how do we know that? We know because it is against the law. But before that, we know because God gave that Law to Israel at a time of Exodus. You might not know, but there are organizations out there in this age giving propaganda of stealing or sexual abusing women are not bad at all. God told Israel those are bad and we, being American who originally set up the laws from God's Laws, know those are bad.

Because we know those are bad we don't commit those things. But Jesus came to this earth 2000+ years ago and said, we all already have committed those sins. How? He said if you have had a thought of those things in your head even once, you already have committed those sins.  If you have coveted your neighbor's possessions or anything, you already have committed stealing even though you have not externally. If you had a desire with a woman who is not your wife, you have committed a sin of adultery. These are not my words. Every Christian knows these are Jesus' words. Jesus came to this earth to give the information of good and bad correctly and the final lesson is that we are all bad. Thus we need Him to forgive us.

You are telling the history of the Bible. You are dancing around my main point of respecting your neighbor. (Aka not bring them down because they are latino) It?s not just you, but many people close their eyes and ears like nothing has happened. I didn?t get to give my examples of helping people. Because you went on your karma tangent.
Also, I was going to talk about hate.

I know a person might question me on TI. But my response would be, sometimes you have to fight back and stick up for what is right. Also, that is probably what the disciples would do. Stand up for all people, as we are created by God. I can?t look the other way while people preach hate on TI. Do you remember the Good Samaritan? It?s sorry the priest didn?t even help the person that need help on the road. (That?s not me)

eyephone said:
Mety said:
@eyephone,

You are telling the history of the Bible. You are dancing around my main point of respecting your neighbor. (Aka not bring them down because they are latino) It?s not just you, but many people close their eyes and ears like nothing has happened. I didn?t get to give my examples of helping pitchers. Because you went on your karma tangent.
Also, I was going to talk about hate.

I know a person can say, have I live by that on TI. But my response would be, sometimes you have to fight back and stick up for what I believe in. Also, that is probably what the disciples would do. I can?t look the other way whilenprople preach hate on TI.

You're talking about "respecting your neighbor." I'm talking about "loving your neighbor." So yes, those are two different points.

I'll stay on your point for now, but since this was in God thread, I thought we were talking about God.

Anyways, I truly don't know what you're talking about looking down others because they're Latinos. Are you bringing something that happened in other threads in TI? If that's the case, I'm sorry I don't really read all those threads. I mainly read RE stuff especially Irvine Real Estate and this thread. Like I said before I don't have capacity to read and catch up with all those political stuff. Please let me know who I need to back and stand up with. If you need help because IHO attacked you, I already told you, just say he's sexy and he'll move on. But in all seriousness, I think you guys just keep misunderstanding each other. But that's what we do, human...

Added - But if anyone mocks God or God's words, Imma stand up hard and fight dat fight, baby. Mocking God also means mocking God's people. If that's the case, let me know, son.

esta canci?n es muy hermosa. Dios te ama.
? ??? ??????.

Song: King of Kings | Hillsong Worship

Why does Christian fast food (In-n-Out, Chick-fil-a, Carl's Jr., etc.) taste better than Liberal Godless fast food (McDonalds, Starbucks, etc.)?

Happiness said:
Why does Christian fast food (In-n-Out, Chick-fil-a, Carl's Jr., etc.) taste better than Liberal Godless fast food (McDonalds, Starbucks, etc.)?

What about Halal Guys? You think they're Godless food also?

IMHO though, I think Big Mac beats them all regardless of the religions.

Back