Go To for Food

Irvinecommuter said:
Diverging but happy hour in Irvine is an interesting topic...standard places like TGIF, BJ, and Cheesecake Factory.  Any other spots?

Yard House, Andreis, Ruth Chris, Eats/Red Bar Hotel Irvine, Eureka, the Cut

Used to go to Gina's pizza on Thursdays, cheap pitchers, haven't been in awhile, so not sure what their specials are anymore

D&Bs if you want to go on the cheap ($3 Jack & Cokes/Dos Equis Pints all night Thursdays), food is horrible though, go to YH when their HH starts at 3pm for food/beer then move over here if you want cheap hard liquor drinks at 4:30 when their HH starts

Depends on what your kids will eat. If they've got pretty narrow tastes then chains like Red Robin or Islands will work. They're fairly loud places to begin with so any additional kid noise would be well tolerated by pretty much everyone. The key when our kids were out is "speed of food delivery" more than anything else.

My .02c

SGIP

Souplantation
Corner Bakery
Marketplace food court.
Tasty Garden (they serve "western food" while adults can get good chinese...lots of TV and free wifi too)

irvinehomeowner said:
Yeah. I don't like that Mobile Pay thing either for McDs.

So I just order off the $1/$2/$3 menu. :)

I actually started using the Mobile Pay thing more now. It's easier to pick and choose and then just drive in or walk in to pick up.

I also use their kiosk more too because there are hardly ever lines there. My order is usually ready by the time it would have taken me to wait in the real person line. And, you can use multiple app deals by just ordering multiple times on the kiosk.

Also, Del Taco now has a mobile app. Lot's of BOGO deals... not sure if qwertaco eats at Del because I think he prefers Bell.

Back