Gluten free Asian food

Kangen.Irvine

Anyone have some strong suggestions for gluten free restaurants specializing in Asian food that tastes good? The obvious catch is the place needs to realize soy sauce contains wheat (gluten).

Actually even though most cheap soy sauces are made with wheat as the main ingredient of their fermentation process the process breaks down the compounds and many 'regular' soy sauces test at below the gluten free threshold of 20 ppm of gluten. 

I haven't found a good restaurant in general for gluten free  I'm hoping to find a Mongolian BBQ that doesn't use wheat noodles but no luck their either

Overall in our trial of going gluten free our restaurant experiences have been pretty miserable. The most miserable at the ones that say they have accommodations which basically means they think gluten free means you can order a salad hold the croutons unless the cook forgets or a bunless burger. 

For me a steak and salad is great.  Not so much my son who's favorite food is Pasta and stereotypical fights ove veggies.  Kid menu choices pretty much boils down to boneless skinless chicken breast and fries.

Interestingly I was recently reading studies of making regular wheat bread with the ancient sourdough process and when the dough culture has specific strains of lactus cultures the regular wheat bread turns out with less than 12 ppm of gluten.  The same wheat used for modern bread process cranks out at 75000ppm. 

I feel bad for people that need a gluten free diet.  It's difficult to be stringent to that diet and really limiting in restaurant food choices.

Big difference between a choice and necessity. I can see more health issues for most people who continue to ingest gluten due to our science experiments called processed food.

Our favorite gf Asian menu is PF Changs, but was hoping to find something more authentic.

Back