Genghis Khan: Mongolian BBQ - Lake Forest

I know we are talking about this in the Retail thread but I figure here would be better.

Went last Sunday night... so good... not many people so it was quick to make the bowl and have it cooked.

First time one of my kids tried it... but had to pay adult AYCE price... although in retrospect, probably could have just done the one serving entree.

Pocket bread reminds me of the bread you get at Hen House... totally worth it.

So Mrs IHO tolerates this type of Mongolian behavior?  Too bad Mrs ps9 is vehemently opposed to all MBBQ. :(

Mrs IHO was going to that place before I found it.

Dating years:

Me: So have you ever been to Mongolian BBQ?
Her:  Yes.
Me: There is this place in Fountain Valley that's really good.
Her: There is one closer in Lake Forest.
Me: Whaaaaah??
Her: Yes, my family goes there every once in a while.
Me: Marry me.

The rest is his-and-her-story.

Went there on Friday for lunch.  Was okay.  I'd give it a 3/5.  That said... it's the best MBBQ near me so I can't complain.

spootieho said:
Went there on Friday for lunch.  Was okay.  I'd give it a 3/5.  That said... it's the best MBBQ near me so I can't complain.

Your not complaining, but you gave it 3 out of 5. That is a 60% rating.

eyephone said:
Your not complaining, but you gave it 3 out of 5. That is a 60% rating.
Yeah, I've had much better at other places, so I have higher expectations.  I have definite 4's and 5's in mind. 

I have my issues, but this is the best MBBQ nearby so I wont complain.  Not going to shoot myself in the foot.

B2FiNiTY said:
What/Where are the 4 or 5 star places? I'm willing to drive if it is that much better.  8)
As far as I am aware, the lake forest one is the closest worth driving to.

This one was a high 4, and was my favorite about 15 years ago.  I did stop by once about 5 years ago.  Much may have changed (or stayed the same).http://www.yelp.com/biz/emperor-mongolian-bbq-west-covina
On some days, they would have the thin rice noodles as an option as well.

I searched for closer ones that I used to frequent, but they are all gone :(

ps9 said:
Need to challenge IHO to a MBBQ eat off......

Adding to bucket list
You'll probably win.  I don't eat a lot at buffets or AYCE,  just a variety.

At MBBQ, at most I'll go in line 3 times, but usually only twice, one chicken and one beef.

Back