Gay thread

[quote author="steppingup"]I'm defintely not a mod and I give my hats off to them because it's a truly thankless job in the end. However, I am a member of this community and as such, I think we all have the task of neighbhorood watch. So, as a citizen of Irvine Talk, I'm citing you for littering. [/quote]

LOL!

First of all, my post is very relevant. What could possibly be gayer than fisting? I would think that a brain dead liberal like you would see a Safe Schools Czar who advocates deviant behavior to juveniles as being a "baby step in the right direction" to decadence and moral decay.

Secondly, have I mentioned that you aren't a moderator?

Face it, if you don't like what I have to say, then you are just going to have to threaten my life .... again....

[quote author="Trooper"]Ignore the troll. [/quote]

No Troop, he is not a troll. He is an active member of this community, which is why I think it's so important for the community to help draw lines in the sand so that we don't have this kind of garbage being thrown in our streets.

Here we go again, geez, Winex, and I am one person who was happy to see you again. Is there any possible way that we can have a rational discussion? I think some people should take some advice bk gave to me long ago and stick to threads of interest. Are you really that interested in gay rights or should I say lack of rights? Is there something threatening to you personally? I just don't understand why you would want to alienate an entire group of people on a forum when you obviously have no interaction with gay people in your real life. I am in no way trying to attack you here, I just don't understand it.

[quote author="winex"]
[quote author="steppingup"]I'm defintely not a mod and I give my hats off to them because it's a truly thankless job in the end. However, I am a member of this community and as such, I think we all have the task of neighbhorood watch. So, as a citizen of Irvine Talk, I'm citing you for littering. [/quote]

LOL!

First of all, my post is very relevant. What could possibly be gayer than fisting? I would think that a brain dead liberal like you would see a Safe Schools Czar who advocates deviant behavior to juveniles as being a "baby step in the right direction" to decadence and moral decay.

Secondly, have I mentioned that you aren't a moderator?

Face it, if you don't like what I have to say, then you are just going to have to threaten my life .... again....[/quote]

Here we go, don't agree with Winex and you are stupid, idiot or now I see you have expanded your insults to include brain dead. The funny thing is that both of us have really high IQ's... what separates us is our how we see the world and values. Believe me, when I read stuff like this from you I scream to myself, "idiot," but I know you are actually intelligent. My admonition here is not an invitation to a debate (we can do that in another thread), rather my issue is that you seem to lack emotional IQ, which includes things like courtesy.

You violated a valued member of our community and you can call me stupid, idiot, brain dead (or get out your thesaurus because your adjectives are so blah) but it does not matter to me. You are out of line and I'm calling you out on it and you can only call me brain dead. BTW, calling me a liberal is a compliment <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->

[quote author="winex"]Trooper, you neglected to mention other recent LGBT news.

Don't forget about "Safe Schools Czar" Keith Jennings being a keynote speaker at the youth conference at Tufts University that promoted "fisting" at the "youth-only age 14-21" conference.

http://biggovernment.com/2009/12/10/fist.... nt-in-advance/[/quote]

Recent ? Keith Kevin Jennings was appointed by President Obama on May 19th, 2009. The conferences at Tufts University occured in 2000 and 2001.

The appointment, sexual orientation, actions or inactions of a controversial gay man is LGBT news? Is the appointment, election, sexual orientation, actions or inactions of controversial straight men ever straight news?

I never had the displeasure of interacting with winex at IHB, but after reading this post, I'm quite certain that he epitomizes all that I dislike about today's GOP.

Hi Trooper,

I was wondering if you would share with us, your perspective of the gay community's feelings toward Obama. Is the support starting to wane? My brother-in-law and his partner live in the West Village and they said that they're starting to get impatient with his policies. He said, "I feel disappointed because I thought with all my heart that he really believed in a lot of our causes...now I'm starting to feel like he's just another politician vying for votes..."

BTW, I'm an airline pilot and a lot of my coworkers (flight attendants) are starting to express similar opinions of their frustrations.

I'm not trying to make this thread overly political, I'm just sincerely curious...

Thanks for the back up all.

Garrison, yes - as a community we are getting very impatient. The President has backed out of many campaign promises he made to us...should have known better. I would suspect that you'll see direct action/civil disobedience at some point soon - that's what I hear. Frustration is starting to boil over.

[quote author="Sunshine"]
[quote author="winex"]Trooper, you neglected to mention other recent LGBT news.

Don't forget about "Safe Schools Czar" Keith Jennings being a keynote speaker at the youth conference at Tufts University that promoted "fisting" at the "youth-only age 14-21" conference.

http://biggovernment.com/2009/12/10/fist.... nt-in-advance/[/quote]

Recent ? Keith Kevin Jennings was appointed by President Obama on May 19th, 2009. The conferences at Tufts University occured in 2000 and 2001.

The appointment, sexual orientation, actions or inactions of a controversial gay man is LGBT news? Is the appointment, election, sexual orientation, actions or inactions of controversial straight men ever straight news?

I never had the displeasure of interacting with winex at IHB, but after reading this post, I'm quite certain that he epitomizes all that I dislike about today's GOP.
[/quote]

Thank you Sunshine, you are correct. I made a mistake when I typed his first name.

But I'm glad that you acknowledge that Jennings has long tried to indoctrinate our youth into a deviant "lifestyle".

The only question is how you or anyone can support something like this.

[quote author="tmare"]Here we go again, geez, Winex, and I am one person who was happy to see you again. Is there any possible way that we can have a rational discussion? I think some people should take some advice bk gave to me long ago and stick to threads of interest. Are you really that interested in gay rights or should I say lack of rights? Is there something threatening to you personally? I just don't understand why you would want to alienate an entire group of people on a forum when you obviously have no interaction with gay people in your real life. I am in no way trying to attack you here, I just don't understand it. [/quote]

What I am interested in is the moral compass of society. Just because moral decay is rampant does not mean that we should accept it. And appointing someone like Jennings in a position of influence over the nations youth is clearly a boneheaded move by the current administration.

[quote author="tmare"]Winex,

I fail to see what this thread has to do with the "moral compass of society"[/quote]

It's really quite simple. Taking a look back and this thread alone will illustrate my point.

People were gleefully talking about the growing acceptance of deviant behavior in society. Then I came along and mentioned fisting and attempts to indoctrinate our youth.

People were shocked.

Well homosexuality isn't all about hair dressers, fashion design and interior decorating.

Indoctrination of our youth is one of their central causes. And Kevin Jennings has been involved in more than just the Tufts University conference where fisting was advocated to teenagers. Years after the Tufts University conferences his organization was involved in numerous events where directories to "leather bars" were passed out to high school students.

Do we really want someone like this in a position of influence over our children throughout the nation?

I don't know why I am even trying to bother with this. You are the one who mentioned "fisting" in the first place. If someone were to start a "straight thread", I don't think it would occur to anyone to immediately find a certain sexual behavior or a person associated with it to use as an argument against being straight. No, homosexuality isn't all about interior designers just like heterosexuality isn't all about watching football. All of the gay people I know live their lives as perfectly upstanding citizens who are teachers, architects, computer programmers, police officers and yes, maybe an interior designer or two. This is simply ridiculous.

It's not just the sexual practices that are a concern in this case. It's a combination of the sexual practices, the numerous attempts and indoctrinating our youth, and the placing of this person in a position of power that allows more influence on our youth.

[quote author="tmare"]I don't know why I am even trying to bother with this. [/quote]

Because you are reasonable, tolerant of people who disagree with you, and have the capacity to turn the other cheek?

[quote author="winex"]
[quote author="tmare"]Here we go again, geez, Winex, and I am one person who was happy to see you again. Is there any possible way that we can have a rational discussion? I think some people should take some advice bk gave to me long ago and stick to threads of interest. Are you really that interested in gay rights or should I say lack of rights? Is there something threatening to you personally? I just don't understand why you would want to alienate an entire group of people on a forum when you obviously have no interaction with gay people in your real life. I am in no way trying to attack you here, I just don't understand it. [/quote]

What I am interested in is the moral compass of society. Just because moral decay is rampant does not mean that we should accept it. And appointing someone like Jennings in a position of influence over the nations youth is clearly a boneheaded move by the current administration.[/quote]

You are assuming that your "morals" are everyone's morals. Many of us feel that it is moral to extend basic rights to all. "Morals" themselves are highly subjective.

It's incredibly arrogant of you to take the presumption that your "morals" are the de facto morals for everyone. Frankly, my morals forbid me from inflammatory name calling, but yours do not.

Thanks for the update, Troop. I knew the NY vote was going to be close, and I was sad at the outcome.

And I don't know about you guys, but I don't give a rat's ass what 14-21 year olds do with their fists. I honestly care more about when boys without jobs put their sperm into girls without jobs, as they are going to make babies that will potentially use up my tax dollars.

[quote author="steppingup"]
[quote author="winex"]

What I am interested in is the moral compass of society. Just because moral decay is rampant does not mean that we should accept it. And appointing someone like Jennings in a position of influence over the nations youth is clearly a boneheaded move by the current administration.[/quote]

You are assuming that your "morals" are everyone's morals. Many of us feel that it is moral to extend basic rights to all. "Morals" themselves are highly subjective.

It's incredibly arrogant of you to take the presumption that your "morals" are the de facto morals for everyone. Frankly, my morals forbid me from inflammatory name calling, but yours do not. [/quote]

Again, you are skipping over the parts about indoctrinating our youth, and being put in a Federal position that allows even more deviant behavior.

I'm not convinced that we need a Federal School Safety "Czar", but it we do, our children should be protected from the likes of Kevin Jennings. Talk about having the fox guarding the hen house....

On another note, I must say that I find your particular set of morals "interesting". Most people would consider death threats to be far more inflammatory than simple name calling.

Back