Gardener referral and rate

dealcatcher

What are gardeners charging for the typical irvine lot without grass? One guy quoted me $55 for twice a month. I heard there are people out there that pay $50 for four times a month.

Any good referrals you can send my way? Looking for someone that actually knows how to care for plants.

I'm also in the market for a gardener. Would be great to hear some examples of cost and a few details. We've got some grass, some hedges to trim, few plants to take care of, etc.

In our hood... it's anywhere from $60-80 for weekly yard maintenance.

Experience on plant care varies... most of these guys know just from doing it for so long but have no formal education.

As eyephone says, it's best to go with someone your neighbors already use. The problem with our guy is he only comes on Mondays and I would prefer someone who comes on Fridays.

I also think he chose Mondays because he gets more holidays that way. :)

With the size of irvine lots these days I don't think I could bring myself to pay for a gardener. How hard can it be to DIY esp with no grass?

We just bought a resale. I have the card for the prior gardener but wanted some quotes beforehand in case it turns out he was being paid something higher so I can negotiate.

The lot is small but it's landscaped so not just a nice square plot of grass I could run a lawnmower over. There's some hedges trimmed to shapes, some small growing trees, a few flower beds, etc.  I can mow grass but I can't seem to keep plants alive/growing.

I'll eventually talk to my neighbors for comparison.

Back