Garage Ideas

Irvine1stTimer

Hello everyone, can someone recommend any good companies, thinking about garage organizer cabinets and epoxy.

Also any ideas to make 2 car garage more attractive and useable :)

Thanks in advance.

Premier Garage highly recommended, every day I leave for work I'm glad I did it, really makes a big difference.

For overhead storage try topprax, Craig is the owner and installs himself, get  the 1000 pound racks, they are really sturdy.

+1 on Premier Garage.  Couldn't be happier especially with their cabinets and their customer service.

this was the picture of our garage cabinets (the epoxy floor was also from them).http://www.talkirvine.com/index.php/topic,12022.msg238669.html#msg238669

I am also a fan of overhead storage, but our current garage setup does not have room for it.  In our old house, we use Garage Remedy (http://www.garagesolutionsoc.com/), but was really after the Monkey Bar Storage system with them and I didn't want to hire another one to do the overhead rack.  I have a neutral experience with them.  The installation took longer than needed and was not very clean but that was probably because it was done by his employee/contractor (not the owner Ryan Webber himself as he was on vacation then).  I should have scheduled it after his vacation so that he can do it himself.  But communication was good and i had a few complain here and there and Ryan was quick to come and fix them.

I used CabinetsPlus and they did a great job.  We had Bill as the designer and he has some really good ideas.  The installers came in and knocked it out quick.  Really pleased with their work

I still LOVE my Organized Living grid panels to hang bikes, tennis rackets, chairs, etcetera. 

Premiere Garage can get you set up with those or DIY from Amazon.

I have 6 of those panels in my garage.

I have a HUGE shoe rack in my garage from cabinets plus, it's over 8 ft tall and floating above the ground, holds mega shoes and always get compliments on it.

aquabliss said:
I have a HUGE shoe rack in my garage from cabinets plus, it's over 8 ft tall and floating above the ground, holds mega shoes and always get compliments on it.

Aquabliss, would you mind sharing a picture of your shoe storage?

Sure, here you go.  We also got that storage bench on Overstock and the kids use it to sit and put there shoes on before we go out.  Very convenient.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 190
aquabliss said:
Sure, here you go.  We also got that storage bench on Overstock and the kids use it to sit and put there shoes on before we go out.  Very convenient.

Omg!  Your garage is soooo empty!!!  Can I rent some space in there please?

So does everyone's HOA force you to use your two garage spots?  My HOA is pretty lax, half my neighbors can't park in the garage due to all the crap stored in it.  So all the cars spill onto the driveways and street.  And yes, these neighbors are mostly 3CWG'ers.

ps9 said:
So does everyone's HOA force you to use your two garage spots?  My HOA is pretty lax, half my neighbors can't park in the garage due to all the crap stored in it.  So all the cars spill onto the driveways and street.  And yes, these neighbors are mostly 3CWG'ers.

I think HOA should force at least one car to be parked in the garage. I'm pretty lucky most of my neighbors in the courtyard park both cars in there.

I know some courtyards the people all park on the street because their garage is their storage.

But so far in CV there is no such parking enforcement. I heard in parts of Woodbury they do garage checks.

ps9 said:

I see homes where people park two cars on the street because their garage has their kid's toys in there. I see homes where one car is parked in the driveway because there is a ping pong table in the garage. I see one car constantly parked in the opposite direction on the street. I see homes where the cars park in the driveway but the butt of the car sticks out and blocks the sidewalk. A lot of these people probably are unaware of the HOA rules. So far no enforcement that I know of has taken place.

Chairman said:
ps9 said:

I see homes where people park two cars on the street because their garage has their kid's toys in there. I see homes where one car is parked in the driveway because there is a ping pong table in the garage. I see one car constantly parked in the opposite direction on the street. I see homes where the cars park in the driveway but the butt of the car sticks out and blocks the sidewalk. A lot of these people probably are unaware of the HOA rules. So far no enforcement that I know of has taken place.

I saw all these too.  One of neighbor even had cloth line set up in the garage and when the garage door opened, one can see all the towels, cloth hang on the cloth line. 

I did once saw a HOA guy patrol the neighborhood  but I not sure what action are taken.  I did receive a letter from HOA once when my landscape workers  leave our trashcan  in the driveway.  HOA request correction and a written response.

lnc said:
Chairman said:
ps9 said:

I saw all these too.  One of neighbor even had cloth line set up in the garage and when the garage door opened, one can see all the towels, cloth hang on the cloth line. 

Clothes line??!!!'  Seriously??!!  What's the point when there's no sun shining on damp clothes?? 

Back