Garage Epoxy?

akim997

Anyone have recommendations for someone who can do garage epoxy?  I'm not interested in the home depot DIY kit.

First post from a frequent lurker.

I've been looking at 2 companies for garage epoxy: room to park which was recommended in another thread,  and premier garage (found it on yelp). 

I've been lurking in the garage forum as well, so I'm leaning towards having professionals do my floor rather than buy my own materiels, do an ok to mediocre job, and be dissatisfied.

akim997 said:
premier is coming for a quote.  however, they ballparked around $1400...????
Give these guys a call:

California Concrete Restoration, Inc.
Patrick Dowd
949-939-4088
www.squidoo.com/epoxygaragefloors

I got the name from one of my buyers who did his homework.  They quoted me $1,295 but that's to take the old crap off and put the expoxy on.  Should be closer to $1,100 - $1,200 if you have a nice clean garage floor.

USCTrojanCPA said:
akim997 said:
Give these guys a call:

Patrick Dowd
949-939-4088

I got the name from one of my buyers who did his homework.  They quoted me $1,295 but that's to take the old crap off and put the expoxy on.  Should be closer to $1,100 - $1,200 if you have a nice clean garage floor.

+1
I used these guys. Very happy with the outcome and the service.

Paid $1200 for a 20x20 (400 sq. ft) 2 car garage.

FreeBird said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
akim997 said:
Give these guys a call:

Patrick Dowd
949-939-4088

+1
I used these guys. Very happy with the outcome and the service.

Paid $1200 for a 20x20 (400 sq. ft) 2 car garage.

How high does the epoxy go up on the wall on yours??

USCTrojanCPA said:
akim997 said:
Give these guys a call:

Patrick Dowd
949-939-4088

hrrm.. they wanted about 1800-1900 for a 3 car garage...
that's much more than I expected.

Crispy3 said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
akim997 said:
Give these guys a call:

Patrick Dowd
949-939-4088

hrrm.. they wanted about 1800-1900 for a 3 car garage...
that's much more than I expected.
Well you do have 3 versus 2 so 50% more sounds about right.  I believe they charge by the SF (about $3/sf). 

so what's the big deal about the epoxy?  if my concrete garage gets dirty who cares, if my new epoxy garage floor gets dusty, it's just another place I have to clean.. would the epoxy crack like normal concrete due to the earth moving?

ps9 said:
so what's the big deal about the epoxy?  if my concrete garage gets dirty who cares, if my new epoxy garage floor gets dusty, it's just another place I have to clean.. would the epoxy crack like normal concrete due to the earth moving?
Nope, it's guaranteed not to crack, fade, or chip.

Orlando epoxied the floor of my 2 car garage and painted the walls for way less than any of the estimates listed here. He even repaired a pre-existing crack in the concrete, you can't even tell it's there, after the epoxy was applied on top.

I do have one chip but that's because I dragged and gauged a weight bench across it like an idiot (the track that holds the "wheels" in it is a sharp piece of metal). It would have left a gash in raw concrete anyway.

However, every week I am deadlifting up to 300 pounds of bumper plates and controlled dropping it back down and that area has no issues. Where I park the car has had no issues either.

Attachments

• epoxy.jpg
    epoxy.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 444
icey said:
Orlando epoxied the floor of my 2 car garage and painted the walls for way less than any of the estimates listed here. He even repaired a pre-existing crack in the concrete, you can't even tell it's there, after the epoxy was applied on top.

I do have one chip but that's because I dragged and gauged a weight bench across it like an idiot (the track that holds the "wheels" in it is a sharp piece of metal). It would have left a gash in raw concrete anyway.

However, every week I am deadlifting up to 300 pounds of bumper plates and controlled dropping it back down and that area has no issues. Where I park the car has had no issues either.

contact information for Orlando?

I used garageinnovations.net to do my garage cabinets in my old home; I was extremely happy with them. They also do garage floors and was planning on getting an estimate for both cabinets and garage floor in my new home when I move in in a couple months.

Back