Garage cabinets and epoxy flooring

paydawg

I'm looking to get cabinets installed and epoxy flooring done on my garage.  I've search the TI boards for recommendations and it appears the main suggestions are:

Cabinets:
Tailored Living (Premier Garage)
Cabinets Plus

Epoxy:
Tailor Living (Premier Garage)
Vision Garage Flooring

Any experiences (positive and negative) with these vendors or any others that I should be considering? 

Came out to 1693 for a 20x20 garage. The edges/ledge was "free" and included.

This was for a brand new garage which required minimal sanding and filling.

There are a few reviews by people here about using Cabinets Plus for closet cabinets and using
Premier Garage for garage floor.

I went to Cabinets Plus recently. They seems to do epoxy for garage floor too.
Anybody has some comments on that? Is there any possibility to ask for some bundle discount if I do garage cabinets and floor together?

Thanks for your input

paydawg said:
I'm looking to get cabinets installed and epoxy flooring done on my garage.  I've search the TI boards for recommendations and it appears the main suggestions are:

Cabinets:
Tailored Living (Premier Garage)
Cabinets Plus

Epoxy:
Tailor Living (Premier Garage)
Vision Garage Flooring

Any experiences (positive and negative) with these vendors or any others that I should be considering?

What brand of cabinets do these companies sell?

Btw, I'm going to paint my garage walls and ceilings...should I do that before or after the epoxy floor goes in (I'm thinking before)? 

USCTrojanCPA said:

Btw, I'm going to paint my garage walls and ceilings...should I do that before or after the epoxy floor goes in (I'm thinking before)?

I would definitely paint walls before the flooring. So what color walls will you be doing to house all your exotic cars?  I envision your garage with red walls and that race car black/white checkered floors - flashy like the cars  8)

USCTrojanCPA said:

Paint --> Epoxy --> Cabinets

Both Cabinets Plus and Premier Garage/Tailored Living have their own inhouse brand, not sure if/who they outsource their work to.  Premier Garage had better material based on the samples both company bought, but was about 25-30% more expensive than Cabinets Plus. 

Paris said:
USCTrojanCPA said:

I would definitely paint walls before the flooring. So what color walls will you be doing to house all your exotic cars?  I envision your garage with red walls and that race car black/white checkered floors - flashy like the cars  8)

I'm not a big Ferrari guy and don't like red, yellow, and orange colors.  Car colors I like blues, greens, white, and greys and neutral interior home colors (yes, I'm very bland).  haha  I'm doing to be doing a grey/silver color throughout the house and then I'll had a light light frozen grey color on the garage walls and ceiling (with medium grey epoxy with the dark flakes). 

May I suggest this color combo for USCT. 
http://www.garageliving.com/products/neos-elite-garage-cabinetry/

cabinetry-neos-elite-01.jpg

wow INC that's beautiful, makes me want that for my garage space. I feel like your garage should be an extension of your home. I'm still working on making it look appropriate. I haven't even gotten epoxy done yet but this photo brings me a lot of inspiration!

Paris said:
I feel like your garage should be an extension of your home.

Maybe that's why some people turn their garage into a play area, and park their cars on the street. In effect, creates a shortage of street parking.

eyephone said:
Paris said:

Maybe that's why some people turn their garage into a play area, and park their cars on the street. In effect, creates a shortage of street parking.

oh I would never do that. i love my car too much to ever park it outside. And BTW I hate when people do that or use their garage space as a hoarders collection of junk and park their cars outside.  ::) I mean the garage should look presentable, neat.

Paris said:
eyephone said:
Paris said:

oh I would never do that. i love my car too much to ever park it outside. And BTW I hate when people do that or use their garage space as a hoarders collection of junk and park their cars outside.  ::) I mean the garage should look presentable, neat.

Couldn't have said it better myself.  I don't want my cars sitting out in the sun all day, I want them to be comfortably resting in the garage.  haha

I already checked the company. They don't have services in Cali  :( So sad!
Anyone know a local company that can do this kind of work? Can Premier pull this off?
Now I'm inspired to clean out my garage this weekend! forget the BBQs

Whenever I see a garage like that I imagine that the storage spaces are full of Just For Men and Axe products.  I mean, where's the mirror?  And that floor would drive me nuts.  I would never find that bolt I just dropped.  The tennis racquets fit in perfectly though.  :D

Back