Game Over - Great Park

According to the article nothing has happened yet.  They're "considering" applying for federal money.  And they don't even know how much it will cost.

It is unclear how much construction would cost.

Cemetery better than high density houses. Today it took me 25 min from Alton to Jeffery along Irvine Blvd at 5:30pm. Several years ago 20 min I will be way pass Tustin.

Can not imagine how bad the traffic will be after portola spring and great park all built out.

Not sure if this is really news?  They were going to submit an application awhile ago to get funding.. the real question will be the funding. 

irvinehomeshopper said:
This cemetery will not happen. The organization has no money unless a mysterious doner decides to give.
http://www.fengshuic.com/1/post/2012/07/living-next-to-a-cemetery.html

Veteran Cemetery like the one in Westwod and Arlington are beautiful and orderly.

This article describes how to remediate the consequences of a nearby cemetery, but doesn't explain the consequences. What is the result of a cemetery near your home?

I clearly missed the part of the article where it says it's a done deal. #FOB #myengrishsucks

:)

Until the cemetery issue is finally resolved, you have to assume the cemetery will in fact be built in making a BP purchase decision no matter how unlikely you believe it is.  If the cemetery is not built, consider it a bonus. Real estate professionals should not be giving "odds" on the cemetery to their clients.

This is like the 12th thread on the cemetary.

Sheesh, you would think they are building the homes ON the grave sites.

#CuePoltergeistMemes

irvinehomeowner said:
This is like the 12th thread on the cemetary.

Sheesh, you would think they are building the homes ON the grave sites.

#CuePoltergeistMemes
I guess swimming pools would be out of the question.

How large is GP, build it furthest away from residential neighborhoods.  That way no one can complain as the lake forest one would be equidistant.

AW said:
How large is GP, build it furthest away from residential neighborhoods.  That way no one can complain as the lake forest one would be equidistant.

I already measured this.  The cemetery proposed site is 1.2mi from the Ridge Valley entrance of both Pavilion Park and Beacon Park.  I live near the back of PP so (driving distance) it's about 1.8mi from my home.

Many Portola Springs homes are considerably closer to the proposed site than PP and equal the distance of BP.  Still waiting for the "Game Over - Portola Springs" thread.

Looking at the map, I actually think my home is about the same distance from the cemetery as Lambert Ranch homes.  Where's the "Game Over - Lambert Ranch" thread?

aquabliss said:
AW said:

I already measured this.  The cemetery proposed site is 1.2mi from the Ridge Valley entrance of both Pavilion Park and Beacon Park.  I live near the back of PP so (driving distance) it's about 1.8mi from my home.

Many Portola Springs homes are considerably closer to the proposed site than PP and equal the distance of BP.  Still waiting for the "Game Over - Portola Springs" thread.

Looking at the map, I actually think my home is about the same distance from the cemetery as Lambert Ranch homes.  Where's the "Game Over - Lambert Ranch" thread?

Kicking something when it's down is the TI way. Just look at the Capella thread :)

I suspect when PS is actively selling again (and no that sliver joke of a neighborhood doesn't count), the cemetery will rear its ugly head on those threads too.

It's difficult for someone who already lives in PS, PP, LR to move because of cemetery fear.  It's easy for someone not to buy at BP or BR because of cemetery fear.

aquabliss said:
AW said:

Game over Woodbury and Stonegate too? Eastwood up next too?  >:D

Back