Funny open house stories

Ok, there are enough of us going to various and sundry open houses that some of you have pretty good stories or anecdotes. Here is a place to share them.

And yes, I have one of my own.

We pull up to the house and park. A car that had been in front of us on the street parks in front of us and the dude gets out of the car and goes into the open house. He's got a platinum mop 'do. As he's walking up the lawn, I say to my husband, "Look, it's Rod Stewart." And then some memory in the back of my mind is sparked. "Oh my gosh, it's CC DeVille!"

"Who?" says my husband.

"CC DeVille, from <a href="http://www.poisonweb.com/index.php?module=home">Poison</a>."

"Nuh uh."

"No, really, it is!"

So we walk into the open house and the realtor is chatting him up. We start poking around the rooms nearby. He's talking about the house and what he's looking for. Eventually they end up in the kitchen and we are in a room off the kitchen. The realtor says that she recognizes him and he says that he's currently living on a street nearby. She says, "Well it's nice to meet you. I'm [realtor's name]." He says, "Oh, um, yeah, I'm CC." And I look over at my husband and mouth, "Told ya."

We didn't really talk to him. He seemed like a nice guy, though. At some point we ended up looking at the same room in the house and traded those polite hellos you trade with other house hunters.

[quote author="EvaLSeraphim" date=1214729599]Ok, there are enough of us going to various and sundry open houses that some of you have pretty good stories or anecdotes. Here is a place to share them.

And yes, I have one of my own.

We pull up to the house and park. A car that had been in front of us on the street parks in front of us and the dude gets out of the car and goes into the open house. He's got a platinum mop 'do. As he's walking up the lawn, I say to my husband, "Look, it's Rod Stewart." And then some memory in the back of my mind is sparked. "Oh my gosh, it's CC DeVille!"

"Who?" says my husband.

"CC DeVille, from <a href="http://www.poisonweb.com/index.php?module=home">Poison</a>."

"Nuh uh."

"No, really, it is!"

So we walk into the open house and the realtor is chatting him up. We start poking around the rooms nearby. He's talking about the house and what he's looking for. Eventually they end up in the kitchen and we are in a room off the kitchen. The realtor says that she recognizes him and he says that he's currently living on a street nearby. She says, "Well it's nice to meet you. I'm [realtor's name]." He says, "Oh, um, yeah, I'm CC." And I look over at my husband and mouth, "Told ya."

We didn't really talk to him. He seemed like a nice guy, though. At some point we ended up looking at the same room in the house and traded those polite hellos you trade with other house hunters.</blockquote>

Yeah... now how will anyone top a story like that? Seriously, you have the "nuh uh" factor combined with the "OMG" it really is someone from the Cherry Pie video. I am so tempted to close this thread on that general principle alone. Well, anyone catch Ed McMahon shopping for homes lately? That could top this one.

"At some point we ended up looking at the same room in the house and traded those polite hellos you trade with other house hunters. "

That's when you were suppose to congratulate him on having one of his songs selected as the theme for one of last week's posts on the Irvine Housing Blog!

[quote author="Major Schadenfreude" date=1214746773]"At some point we ended up looking at the same room in the house and traded those polite hellos you trade with other house hunters. "

That's when you were suppose to congratulate him on having one of his songs selected as the theme for one of last week's posts on the Irvine Housing Blog!</blockquote>

No sh*t!

[quote author="IrvineRealtor" date=1214738648]Rumor has it that CC is looking for a place for his parents.

Was this encounter in Mabury Ranch?</blockquote>

I heard the same rumor through the grapevine, that he was looking for a home in Mabury Ranch, and it came from a non-RE based source.

Here's our story . . .

My husband and I were in an Open House in Turtle Rock Summit a couple of years ago. It was a beautiful multi-million dollar home. We politely took off our shoes as we went up to the second floor to walk around. When we came down, my husband's shoes were gone! Someone had taken his <strong>brand new </strong>expensive sneakers and left their crappy $10 Target shoes behind.

He now holds his sneakers when we walk around Open Houses. :)

<blockquote>Yeah? now how will anyone top a story like that? Seriously, you have the ?nuh uh? factor combined with the ?OMG? it really is someone from the Cherry Pie video</blockquote>
The Cherry Pie video was Warrant. CC was from Poison.

Yup - I grew up in the hair band era and saw both bands a number of times. I still have Poison and Warrant on my iPod. :red:

[quote author="Major Schadenfreude" date=1214746773]"At some point we ended up looking at the same room in the house and traded those polite hellos you trade with other house hunters. "

That's when you were suppose to congratulate him on having one of his songs selected as the theme for one of last week's posts on the Irvine Housing Blog!</blockquote>

Oooooh.... <em>*smacks forehead*</em> I totally forgot about that. I was so focused on giving the guy his privacy and anonymity that I didn't even think about it.

Back