Front Door Package Thievery

Chairman

This may not be new to some but first time I have experienced packages being stolen from my front door step. Recently, I have had 2 packages stolen on different days. The second time was confirmed for me as my neighbor said they saw a package on my doorstep but I never got it. I filed a police report, am in the process of installing cameras, and hope that I am not being targeted.

My landscaper also mentioned that another landscaper just got out of jail and has been seen in the neighborhood. He was jailed for stealing other landscaper's tools and materials. What a deadbeat.

Please keep a look out for your stuff and report any suspicious activity. Stay safe!

Were they packages that you were actually expecting? Because what's been happening here in F.R. and also Mission Viejo is that some people have apparently been buying merchandise with stolen credit card info then having it sent to random addresses so that it won't be traced to them. Then when the postman makes the drop, they run and get the package (which the resident was never expecting in the first place.) I read that one man was caught because he actually had the nerve to sit on the homeowner's door step and wait for the postman. The mailman knew the homeowners and thought it was creepy so he reported them to the police. Luckily one here in FR was caught on the homeowner's surveillance footage. A very good, clear picture... he was dressed like he's from "out of town". These people are targeting nicer, unsuspecting neighborhoods so maybe yours is one of them.

This makes me glad I have recently installed wireless security cameras. I did it before I read about these incidences. But I spend thousands of dollars a year, and sometimes a month, on packages being delivered so I definitely want to be careful.

Sorry that happened to you.

percentage of Asians that do crimes are less than other races. it is an advantage to live in Asian dominant communities so outsiders can easily stand out.

qwerty said:
this is happening everywhere - irvine, newport, tustin, costa mesa, etc.

And during Christmas stealing season, several incidences reported in Anaheim Hills, east Orange, etc.

Several of them caught on camera as well as their vehicles. What I find amazing is these people either don't know or simply do not care that they are being recorded. No attempts made to cut the power to the house & camera or spray it / black it out or take a bat to it. These idiots should never assume they are NOT being recorded. Heck, if you are on private property or even out in public anywhere, you should operate on the assumption that you ARE being recorded. That is the world we live in. If they come to my house, they should also operate on the assumption that I am armed. Oh, stupid humans. They do amuse me so.

I've had packages delivered to my home here for almost a year without instance. Either me or my neighborhood has become a target for these thieves.

amazon shipments almost daily for last 2 years and experienced our first and so far only package theft a month ago.  we are in WB.  didnt file anything but probably should at least let cops and HOA know. 

No packages stolen but a lot of packages (and mail) mis-delivered.  Just in the last week alone, I had to re-deliver 3 packages.

Thieves don't just steal packages, they also look at your mail for ID theft.  Use a PO Box instead, check your local UPS store.

Back