Friday Boredom - Your Bucket Bucket List

irvinehomeowner

Inspired by SoCal's Monday topics and 26inIrvine's Sports Bucket List...

So what do you want to do before you "kick the bucket"?

I always wanted to skydive... but after gaining weight and a family... not so much.

Same for running with the bulls.

I've also wanted to deep sea dive, bungie jump and compete in a demolition derby (Pinky Tuscedero!!).

Nowadays, my bucket list is just to visit places I haven't been yet:

China
Japan
Australia
Greece
Downtown LA

Which brings me to a funny thing my kid said the other day (although there is a thread for that):

LittleIHO: I want to go to New York.
IHO: We've already been there... you should pick somewhere we haven't gone to yet.
LittleIHO: I want to go somewhere popular or famous.
IHO: Ok.
LittleIHO: But not China.
IHO: Why?
LittleIHO: I want to go somewhere where they speak my language.
IHO: Ahh.
LittleIHO: And not Austria... I only know the bad words like booger or peepee.

Kids.

Knowing peepee in the native language is actually quite useful.

How about somewhere like 5 minutes away such as Santa Ana and there you will find plenty of Donut Stars. No need to go to Downtown LA. You are already living in Irvine's  "Downtown LA" full of Blacks and Browns.

Skydive for me.  I was just looking at a place yesterday that's "back home".  When I was a kid I thought it would be cool to kill a shark with nothing more than a knife, but that's not cool anymore.    Building a kit car.  Spending a season or 2 weekend track racing.  Maybe (finally) getting my pilot's license.  My father has been to every continent but South America.  I would like to go with him to Peru, though he's getting up there in years now, and the parts of SA you want to see are not all that easy on spoiled US Americans, let alone the ones in their 80s.

The-Truman-Show-jim-carrey-141572_1024_768.jpg

This guy reminds me of IHO

Back