Free Meal at Tokyo Table

AllisonC_IHB

Hi just read this in the paper, too good not to share. Tokyo Table at the Diamond Jamboree Center will open this month 17th. If you dine between 17th and 19th, you will receive a gift certificate for 100% of your total check for your next visit between 9/20-10/20. My friends have dined at their location in Arcadia, and loved it! Maybe I will see some of you there?? :cheese:

www.tokyotable.com

2710 Alton Parkway

949-2630000

[quote author="Allison C." date=1221363045]Hi just read this in the paper, too good not to share. Tokyo Table at the Diamond Jamboree Center will open this month 17th. If you dine between 17th and 19th, you will receive a gift certificate for 100% of your total check for your next visit between 9/20-10/20. My friends have dined at their location in Arcadia, and loved it! Maybe I will see some of you there?? :cheese:

www.tokyotable.com

2710 Alton Parkway

949-2630000</blockquote>

thanks for the info, which paper did you see it in? any coupon required?

I was lucky enough to go the soft opening of Tokyo Table. Nearly all the food I had was excellent, especially the sashimi. I had a udon clam Italian thing was sort of bland, but that was the only thing I didn't like. While there, I also confirmed the story about the gift certificates.

A quick word on the new center: If you plan to shop at H Mart, there is very little parking in front of the market. I would estimate about 50 spaces. Given the number of people looking forward to shopping at H Mart, I would suggest shopping during off hours if you are driving.

[quote author="ps99472" date=1221436834][quote author="Allison C." date=1221363045]Hi just read this in the paper, too good not to share. Tokyo Table at the Diamond Jamboree Center will open this month 17th. If you dine between 17th and 19th, you will receive a gift certificate for 100% of your total check for your next visit between 9/20-10/20. My friends have dined at their location in Arcadia, and loved it! Maybe I will see some of you there?? :cheese:

www.tokyotable.com

2710 Alton Parkway

949-2630000</blockquote>

thanks for the info, which paper did you see it in? any coupon required?</blockquote>

I saw in in the OC Register, I think it was half a page ad. :cheese:

[quote author="Astute Observer" date=1221396390]How much is a small bowl of meso soup? Will I get a gift certificate when I leave?</blockquote>
It is $1.95, but you have to pay for the tax and gratuity. :cheese:

I called my friend who goes to the Arcadia location, she recommends trying the spicy tuna on crispy rice, the spider roll (soft shell crab sushi roll), and the summer spicy tuna roll (kinda like the Vietnamese style roll wrapped in rice paper). ....drooling.....

[quote author="Astute Observer" date=1221396390]How much is a small bowl of meso soup? Will I get a gift certificate when I leave?</blockquote>

It's "miso". ;-)

Sorry, I have a pet peeve about that sort of thing... kind of like when on Iron Chef they pronounce "panko" incorrectly. It's "PAHN-ko", not "PAIN-ko". But then again, on occasion I still butcher other culture's pronunciations of food, too....

I still can't get "gnocchi", and I've been in Italy...

Look for Momo. He is the one with the camera. I will be there for the Miso. I'll also analyze the parking lot and check out handbags.

There were an awful lot of momo's there tonight then :) There's no valet so I'd be curious to hear your handbag theory applied to Diamond Jamboree Plaza ..

Review:

+ food is pretty good (ordered Sushi Pizza, Lobster Dynamite, Eel Bowl, Fries, Crunchy Rice w/Spicy Tuna)

+ that discount is awesome (you get it in $10 GC increments)

+ service was good, everyone was very nice

- party of 2 at around 6PM (opened at 5pm) wait time of 45min. Later on I heard 1.5hrs or so.

- pretty small restaurant

- do not order the fries, nothing special (hey it wasn't my idea)

- no reservations for opening weekend, quite crowded :(

The BOGO deal really makes it worth it, though. I suggest getting there a little earlier if you're trying to take advantage of the deal. That, or try during lunch.

I'm waiting for pictures ... :)

Oh, check out the faucet in the restroom too!

Had dinner in the little private room next to the kitchen.

The food was good, had the spider roll and the teriaki chicken.

The joystick in the bathroom was different.

Got $70 Tokyo buck to come back by next month!

MOMO! I'm calling ya out! To Tokyo Table (Say that fast 5 times).

I'll PM ya!

-bix

It went very good. The food was definitely good. A little crowded during lunch, but very reasonable. My only beef with the place was the young kids in the corner who were making out.... sheesh.

Good luck

-bix

[quote author="biscuitninja" date=1221784176]MOMO! I'm calling ya out! To Tokyo Table (Say that fast 5 times).

I'll PM ya!

-bix</blockquote>

o_O;;

*taps finger in chat room*

Tokyo Table is open 11am-midnight daily, said no reservations until next week. First come first served this week.

Menu:

<a href="http://www.tokyotable.com/pdf/TokyoTable-Irvine.pdf">http://www.tokyotable.com/pdf/TokyoTable-Irvine.pdf</a>

Update: Place gets Momo thumbs up. The eel bowl for $10 in stone pot was pretty good.

Great time was had by all. $140 vouchers for the next time/s we go. Shannon in the bar was excellent and she suggested some interesting and unusual drinks. Try the sushi pizza for something unusual, if you like spicy. The garlic chicken in hot bowl was excellent. Tyler was our server and he made things go well all night. There was a choice of saki samplers for chicken, seafood or beef. They said the wait would be 45 minutes, and it wound up to be an hour and a half because the tables were not turning over. Long wait when we left at 8. Definitely good food and pleasing atmosphere. The vouchers were nice, too.

[quote author="NoWowway" date=1221906659]Great time was had by all. $140 vouchers for the next time/s we go. Shannon in the bar was excellent and she suggested some interesting and unusual drinks. Try the sushi pizza for something unusual, if you like spicy. The garlic chicken in hot bowl was excellent. Tyler was our server and he made things go well all night. There was a choice of saki samplers for chicken, seafood or beef. They said the wait would be 45 minutes, and it wound up to be an hour and a half because the tables were not turning over. Long wait when we left at 8. Definitely good food and pleasing atmosphere. The vouchers were nice, too.</blockquote>

I was there too, I left at 830pm. I was actually quite PO becos when I got there at 530pm, I was told there would be a 45 mins wait for our party of 3 . It turned out to be exactly 1 hour 30 mins. What made my mood turn around was the excellent service and food. I have spent a few hundred bucks on meals (for 2) before and never had service as attentive and friendly like this. Everyone kept apologizing and thanking us for being patient. Staff , as you can imagine , must be tired, yet they did not show it one bit, and were all smiles. The tab was $100 sans drinks, but worth every penny. Next time we will try the humongous brick bread dessert!

BTW, all sushi rolls were excellent, the lobster dynamite was my fav. If you are feeling adventurous, the hamachi carpaccio was superb, like NoWowway said, the pizza sushi was unusual and delish.

Back