Foreclosure and Property Taxes Part Deux (Spanish for Two)

How can a house be in foreclosure and yet the property taxes have just been paid? Two houses down our neighbors are in foreclosure and I see the home on Yahoo Real Estate as being in foreclosure, yet the owners are still living in it and the property taxes have just been paid and are current for 2008.

Well, they're not making payments so WHO is paying these? Surely you'll make a mortgage or car payment before you'll pay the property taxes as they are the last thing on your list. And the mortgage company isn't going to pay them since the Notice of Default has just been issued and they haven't taken ownership of the house yet.

This is as confusing to me as my previous installment plan property tax question.

I want to understand!

Thank you.

I'm not an expert but I guess it could be that the owners had an impound account and there was enough in that account to pay the property taxes. I'm sure others will have ideas also.

Maybe they quit paying the second and the first had an impound account............

Anything is possible. They might be idiots.

[quote author="mvgrl" date=1239610343]I'm not an expert either, but in school I learned the spanish word for 2 was dos and the french word was deux.</blockquote>

School is where I honed my apparently poor sense of humor....

[quote author="IrvineCitizen" date=1239612044][quote author="mvgrl" date=1239610343]I'm not an expert either, but in school I learned the spanish word for 2 was dos and the french word was deux.</blockquote>

School is where I honed my apparently poor sense of humor....</blockquote>

sorry, I guess humor was something my school neglected to teach me

[quote author="mvgrl" date=1239616839][quote author="IrvineCitizen" date=1239612044][quote author="mvgrl" date=1239610343]I'm not an expert either, but in school I learned the spanish word for 2 was dos and the french word was deux.</blockquote>

School is where I honed my apparently poor sense of humor....</blockquote>

sorry, I guess humor was something my school neglected to teach me</blockquote>

Oh no worries. It's <strong>teh Internetz</strong>. Hard to tell what anybody means and anything and everything can and will be taken out of context.

Back