Floral Park property for sale

Is the front facing garage and 2nd floor game room/ movie room an addition? A wise old BKShopper once told me that Floral Park has beautiful architecture not marred by front facing garages 😀

If you look at the listing the home was built in 2004. I think it was a tear down and completely new construction. Otherwise the listing would have indicated the original year. Another give away is the ensuite bedrooms. Older homes regardless of grandeur shared bathrooms. The open kitchen is another hint of new. Older homes kitchen are always hidden to segregate the domestic helps from the family.

iacrenter said:
Is the front facing garage and 2nd floor game room/ movie room an addition? A wise old BKShopper once told me that Floral Park has beautiful architecture not marred by front facing garages 😀

irvinehomeshopper said:
If you look at the listing the home was built in 2004. I think it was a tear down and completely new construction. Otherwise the listing would have indicated the original year. Another give away is the ensuite bedrooms. Older homes regardless of grandeur shared bathrooms. The open kitchen is another hint of new. Older homes kitchen are always hidden to segregate the domestic helps from the family.

iacrenter said:

The aerial photos of the roof gave a big clue. The ridge line and rake angle of the garage roof doesn't match up with the rest of the home. You could easily imagine the driveway passing through the current garage and allowing access to a rear access garage (now casita / gym).

Good observation the garage and the game room appeared like an addition. The main residence would have been totally renovated in order to create the ensuite baths and open kitchen. The renovation cost would have cost more than building brand  new from scratch. I still think this is all new construction.

iacrenter said:
irvinehomeshopper said:

iacrenter said:

The aerial photos of the roof gave a big clue. The ridge line and rake angle of the garage roof doesn't match up with the rest of the home. You could easily imagine the driveway passing through the current garage and allowing access to a rear access garage (now casita / gym).

Some pretty horrible rated schools assigned to it.  1/10 intermediate school.  3/10 high school.  That said, if you lived here you would probably send your kids to a private school.

That particular neighborhood is pretty nice, but not a fan of the surrounding neighborhoods.  It looks like it's a stone's throw away from 17th street.

spootieho said:
Some pretty horrible rated schools assigned to it.  1/10 intermediate school.  3/10 high school.  That said, if you lived here you would probably send your kids to a private school.

That particular neighborhood is pretty nice, but not a fan of the surrounding neighborhoods.  It looks like it's a stone's throw away from 17th street.

That's how your kid gets into the top 5% of their class. Good luck  doing that at University High.

Irvinehomeshopper.

That is a really cool video of the virtual tour. I am really impressed by some of the cutting edge technology used to market homes in SoCal that I have not seen in my neck of the woods yet. I should study the best practices of how homes are marketed in SoCal and bring those ideas here. Very nice and thanks for sharing.

Also agree that your kid has a better chance getting into ivy coming graduating from Santa Ana high vs uni high.

If I was living in the oc, I would prefer my boys to attend a 8 or 9 rated school like Aliso or mission viejo high or a high school in ladera ranch over a ultra competitive high school like uni. I just like to have my long term buy and hold investment properties in 10 rated schools but not necessarily the place I want my kids to goto school.

Panda

irvinehomeshopper said:
If you have the gut to venture west of the 55. Your kids will never be at the bottom 10% of IUSD or ending up at Chapman or Cal State Fullerton and have a better chance getting into Harvard then this is a huge property for a decent price.
http://www.realestatewebsolutions.net/property/mls/1811heliotrope/virtual_tour.php

Panda said:
Irvinehomeshopper.

That is a really cool video of the virtual tour. I am really impressed by some of the cutting edge technology used to market homes in SoCal that I have not seen in my neck of the woods yet. I should study the best practices of how homes are marketed in SoCal and bring those ideas here. Very nice and thanks for sharing.

Also agree that your kid has a better chance getting into ivy coming graduating from Santa Ana high vs uni high.

If I was living in the oc, I would prefer my boys to attend a 8 or 9 rated school like Aliso or mission viejo high or a high school in ladera ranch over a ultra competitive high school like uni. I just like to have my long term buy and hold investment properties in 10 rated schools but not necessarily the place I want my kids to goto school.

Panda

irvinehomeshopper said:
If you have the gut to venture west of the 55. Your kids will never be at the bottom 10% of IUSD or ending up at Chapman or Cal State Fullerton and have a better chance getting into Harvard then this is a huge property for a decent price.
http://www.realestatewebsolutions.net/property/mls/1811heliotrope/virtual_tour.php

Where does Woodbridge HS and Irvine HS fit in with that thought process?  More like Uni or more like Aliso/MV?

Soylent Green Is People said:
The play with these homes is that you buy for the price/taxes/neighborhood, but you spend a little bit of your savings to send the kids to Mater Dei or Sage Hill.

For this Santa Ana price, I'd buy  https://www.redfin.com/CA/Laguna-Beach/1125-Keller-Way-92651/home/4896038 and spend -0- on private school because their district is good.

My .02c

1.5 million to live in a landslide disaster area... forget it!
http://articles.latimes.com/2005/jun/02/local/me-landslide2

Omg! Bluebird Canyon. Even if the hill is shored up, plenty of people know there have been two devastating landslides there. I rather buy the house in SA.

Having grown up in Bluebird Canyon, having experienced first hand the original Bluebird Canyon slide, and seeing the 2nd Bluebird Caynon slide hours after it occurred, I'm confident in saying.that the Keller property, being a mile plus away from the slide area, is safe.

And yes, only a complete fool would re buy in the Oreole/BB Canyon slide area as they did after the first slide.

My .02c

I remembered this same conversation in the 70's but at a different location. The landslide was in RPV then people thought they were immuned living a mile up the hill in Rollinghills. 10 years later several homes in RH dropped to $200k from $1.9m because the landslide moved uphill. The affected homes were retrofitted on a foundation of steel girders that sat on jacks at 24" interval for leveling the house on a regular basis. Engineers devised geotechnical walls with tie backs but they were no good when landslide was caused by drainage fissure that occurred way below the land surface.

Back