Floral Park Home and Garden Tour

The neighborhood typically has portable restrooms located in a few strategic spots for this event. What time are you guys meeting up? I don't think I'm going to make it, but maybe depending on the time.

[quote author="bkshopr" date=1240282851]

The urinal was a Graph joke Mrs BK would divorce me had I installed one in the garage.</blockquote>

I know it was a joke ;-)

Well how about everybody meets at that ticket stand on Victoria & Santa Clara no later than 1 p.m. Us visitors must allow enough time so that we can drive there, find a place to park, walk to the ticket booths and pick up our tickets. Maybe everyone should PM me their cell phone number in case we get separated or are running late. We can do a roll-call to make sure everybody is in attendance before we depart. I will PM my phone# to everybody on the Adventure Club list to contact me if there is a problem.

Hi, you guys. I'm just wondering if the tentative arrangement of meeting at the ticket booth mentioned above at 1pm works for everybody. I know BK suggested lunch before. Did you all want to do that or are you good with just meeting there and chit-chatting afterward? We're open to suggestions here. As soon as we have the details agreed upon, I will add them to the Adventure Club page.

Just bumping this thread since there were no replies. Is everyone cool with meeting tomorrow at 1:00 pm at the Victoria St. ticket booth?? I will make that the plan unless I read otherwise. I think so far we have:

McDonna & mom

Cayci

Graph

Myself & guest

tmare, possibly

Deuce, you said to count you in?

If you guys could confirm that you are meeting us tomorrow at 1, that would be great, so we know who to wait for before departing!

Thanks,

SoCal

I will be there. I've never met BK. When I show up should I just yell " Where is the tour for the IHB special people's club"?

I'm going to take my mom out to lunch before hand. Any suggestions for places near by?

[quote author="Mcdonna1980" date=1240621658]I will be there. I've never met BK. When I show up should I just yell " Where is the tour for the IHB special people's club"?

I'm going to take my mom out to lunch before hand. Any suggestions for places near by?</blockquote>

Tangata at the Bowers Museum is pretty good. It is owned by the same people as Pinot Provence at SCP.

[quote author="Mcdonna1980" date=1240621658]I will be there. I've never met BK. When I show up should I just yell " Where is the tour for the IHB special people's club"?

I'm going to take my mom out to lunch before hand. Any suggestions for places near by?</blockquote>

Do you know what color you will be wearing so I can recognize you? Or what do you look like? I don't know yet what I will wear... but I will be waiting by that booth... I am quite tall and fair-skinned so you can narrow me down by that. (Maybe I will walk around framing my eye with my fingers to make it easy. LOL) Why don't you call my cell phone when you think you see me and I will hold my hand up, ok?

Zov's down on 17th street (in Tustin) is very good for lunch, try the angel hair pasta with a salad, it's superb! At City place (near Main Place mall) there is also Corner Bakery, McCormick's and a new Geisha House (although I don't know if they serve lunch). For a very authentic and great Mexican lunch that is basically in the neighborhood, try El Pico de Gallo on 17th and Flower or Super Antojitos on the corner of Bristol and 17th near Target.

I thought we were going to meet at Corner Bakery for lunch at 12 before the tour? Is that still on? Cayci and I will grab lunch there before, anyone else is more than welcome to join.

I will be the skeptical faced tall guy with the tinfoil hat, and the really cute girl next to me rolling her eyes at me will be Cayci. Maybe I should wear my IHB t-shirt?

[quote author="SoCal78" date=1240622327][quote author="Mcdonna1980" date=1240621658]I will be there. I've never met BK. When I show up should I just yell " Where is the tour for the IHB special people's club"?

Do you know what color you will be wearing so I can recognize you? Or what do you look like? I don't know yet what I will wear... but I will be waiting by that booth... I am quite tall and fair-skinned so you can narrow me down by that. (Maybe I will walk around framing my eye with my fingers to make it easy. LOL) Why don't you call my cell phone when you think you see me and I will hold my hand up, ok?</blockquote>

Good idea, I'll call the cell

[quote author="SoCal" date=1240616016]

Deuce, you said to count you in?

SoCal</blockquote>

He's probably busy showing homes to the flood of newbies itching buy this week before they are priced out forever! LOL

We will meet at the ticket booth tomorrow 1pm at Victoria. It was too hard to coordinate lunch. There will be a surprised guest that we have not heard for a long time. Sorry Graph the guest is not Free Willy. I appreciate Socal for setting up this event.

[quote author="bkshopr" date=1240630788] There will be a surprised guest that we have not heard for a long time. </blockquote>

Now I am curious! Do we get to have a hint? (My guess would be Trooper...?)

[quote author="Mcdonna1980" date=1240648908]Let's see if we can guess. um... My guess is Eva</blockquote>

I second that. And... I hope you and I are right. She will be a great addition to the tour.

BTW, Cayci and I are thinking of changing our lunch venue to the Mexican place that tmare recommended, since no one else seems to be down for lunch prior to meeting up.

[quote author="graphrix" date=1240676953][quote author="Mcdonna1980" date=1240648908]Let's see if we can guess. um... My guess is Eva</blockquote>

I second that. And... I hope you and I are right. She will be a great addition to the tour.

BTW, Cayci and I are thinking of changing our lunch venue to the Mexican place that tmare recommended, since no one else seems to be down for lunch prior to meeting up.</blockquote>

I recommended two, the newest is El Pico De Gallo, everyone's new favorite. Very good, and that's saying a lot for Mexican food in SA.

Yeah, yeah... it was me. Big, <strong>big</strong> thanks to BK for the tour and providing me the incentive to finally go to the Floral Park home tour. Having BK there to discuss the various details made it a truly special experience. It was also great to meet the folks I hadn't met before. Thanks also go to SoCal for her organizational talents.

The tour was a lot of fun, and for those interested in period housing, I would recommend going tomorrow.

Hello, everyone.

Eva! Thanks for your thanks. No need to thank me, though - it was all BK's effort. It was really fun getting to meet you in person after all this time. I enjoyed talking with you.

BK! Thank you, thank you for taking the time to lead our group. It was a one-of-a-kind event being inside those beautiful homes with our very own Bkshopr there in the flesh.

It was great seeing everyone else as well. We were blessed with beautiful weather and it was a special day. Thanks, everyone for coming.

Back