First sale at Stonegate?

SubSolar said:
Thanks for the info! Are any of the new residences in Stonegate, Portola Springs and Cypress Village considered SFR's or are they all detached condos now?

They generally fall into three categories:
- SFRs
- Detached Condos
- Attached Condos

All three have some of each.

If you go to the thread about each development it will have your answer.

I'm debating the question of whether it's a good idea to sell.  Prices have appreciated quite a bit in the last year or two.  But I would have to find another place to live.  And the interest rate on my loan (say about 3.5%) may never be that low again.  Pretty confusing.

Tyler Durden said:
irvineshadow said:
I'm debating the question of whether it's a good idea to sell.  Prices have appreciated quite a bit in the last year or two.  But I would have to find another place to live.  And the interest rate on my loan (say about 3.5%) may never be that low again.  Pretty confusing.

Depends on if you are married or single, i guess.  If you are single, its not a big deal to live out of a suitcase in an apartment for a year until you find something you like at a price you're willing to pay.

If you are married, you'll get tired of hearing about how the apartment was your idea...
And if you have kids, they'll keep asking you if they should tell their friends they are homeless.

Sold @ 1.01 mil
Considering that Cortona is selling at 1.20 mil for same exact plan w/ 2nd floor tech room, which adds about 120 sq ft, and the fact that price difference between Maricopa and Cortona used to be about 100K, I would say that this is a bargain, relatively speaking.

Irvinecommuter said:
Going through Redfin and noticed for the first time a house for sale in Stonegate.  It is a Maricopa and it looks like the owners are looking to pocked $100K after having the house for a year.  The house should go fast considering a completely bare Mendocino plan 2 is selling at low $900K
http://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/92-Medford-92620/home/40101615

Almost makes me want to flip my house and cash out my equity after living there for 2 weeks.

Just in case anyone was wondering why .... this house was a corporately owned property.  The company didn't need it anymore so they were selling it.  They could care less about making a profit because they just wanted to get rid of it without losing too much.

It ended up being sold to an all cash buyer that had no contingencies. 

ZeroLot said:
Just in case anyone was wondering why .... this house was a corporately owned property.  The company didn't need it anymore so they were selling it.  They could care less about making a profit because they just wanted to get rid of it without losing too much.
Do you know the name of the corporation?
They ruined the value of Maricopa homes!  :mad:

Irvine_Dreamer said:
ZeroLot said:
Do you know the name of the corporation?
They ruined the value of Maricopa homes!  :mad:

I could try to find out for you.  I had a friend that placed a bid and he's still REALLY upset he lost it to an all cash buyer.  He came in very strong too.  He would know since he had to sign the bid docs.  However he's still licking his wounds a bit from losing that house.

interested as well.  I wonder what the method to the madness is.. because you can get a nicer new home over at PP.  To each their own.

jmoney74 said:
interested as well.  I wonder what the method to the madness is.. because you can get a nicer new home over at PP.  To each their own.

PP is not the same as Stonegate.

Otherwise every Irvine buyer is crazy because you get a nicer home in Lake Forest.

paperboyNC said:
jmoney74 said:

PP is not the same as Stonegate.

Otherwise every Irvine buyer is crazy because you get a nicer home in Lake Forest.

Yeah I agree, PP is not the same as Stonegate, PP is better!

LOL

PP also has no apartments.. less dense.  Great distance that the chinese have to cover to hop loogies on you.  ;)

bones said:
Sometimes it's not a matter of what's "better" - some buyers need to move in ASAP, some don't want to deal with all the upgrades/landscaping/window treatments/etc, and if it's foreign investment money, some want to rent it out ASAP.

whatever! PP is the best!!!!! BEST!!!!! BEST!!!!

bones said:
homer_simpson said:
bones said:
Sometimes it's not a matter of what's "better" - some buyers need to move in ASAP, some don't want to deal with all the upgrades/landscaping/window treatments/etc, and if it's foreign investment money, some want to rent it out ASAP.

whatever! PP is the best!!!!! BEST!!!!! BEST!!!!

well, no argument here b/c my biased a$$ agrees!!

8)

i really dont see how any REASONABLE argument can be made as to why/how Stonegate is better than pavillion park. they border each other. one is all SFRs with driveways the other has the ghetto life apartments and a bunch of homes on motorcourts. although im sure irvinecommuter will jump in and try to argue. the same way he said saratoga was better than lambert ranch

Back