end AS buyer_type
from #Pavillion Park PP
    inner join #StoneGate SG
      on PP.Chinaman = SG.Chinaman
  where FCB is not null

any other sql peeps here?

Fixed that for ya.  8)

left join all tables, GOOOO!!!

Yes. And NOLOCK query hints. Since we're doing just basic reporting.

Absolutely!!

Gonna take down this server now!

notTHEoc said:
bones said:
paperboyNC said:
qwerty said:
like i said, no reasonable argument can be made.

I didn't buy in Stonegate and don't plan to, but obviously enough buyers like it better than the other available options to buy there.  Whether or not you consider their reasons reasonable is irrelevant.

Keep in mind though that a lot of the SG defenders on this board bought in SG before PP even opened (so they didn't choose BETWEEN SG and PP).  Of course, I'm sure they would all say "if I had to do it all over again, I would still choose SG".  I know sales have slowed considerably in SG since PP opened at the end of September.  I don't have any exact #s, but I know in certain price points and SF, PP is outselling SG:  Harmony @PP is outselling Sausalito @SG.  Rosemist/Sagewood/Hawthorne @PP is outselling Arcadia @SG (not collectively, but individually).

if question, which is 'better' to live in, I'm sure plenty of ppl prefer high density+more amenities (SG) to lower density+fewer amenities (PP).

But there many communities/many thousands of homes with high density SG/PP side of Irvine. And afaik, only PP with ~700 homes with low density that side of Irvine. And I don't think ppl preferring former to latter is ~10:1

so if question is, which will hold value or appreciate better, my guess would be PP just b/c of supply.

But it remains to be seen if PP is considered "Irvine" by future buyers.  Columbus Grove is technically in Irvine but I think most buyers see it as "Tustin"  Also, not all areas of Irvine is viewed the same. 

bones said:
Irvinecommuter said:
notTHEoc said:
bones said:
paperboyNC said:
qwerty said:
like i said, no reasonable argument can be made.

I didn't buy in Stonegate and don't plan to, but obviously enough buyers like it better than the other available options to buy there.  Whether or not you consider their reasons reasonable is irrelevant.

Keep in mind though that a lot of the SG defenders on this board bought in SG before PP even opened (so they didn't choose BETWEEN SG and PP).  Of course, I'm sure they would all say "if I had to do it all over again, I would still choose SG".  I know sales have slowed considerably in SG since PP opened at the end of September.  I don't have any exact #s, but I know in certain price points and SF, PP is outselling SG:  Harmony @PP is outselling Sausalito @SG.  Rosemist/Sagewood/Hawthorne @PP is outselling Arcadia @SG (not collectively, but individually).

if question, which is 'better' to live in, I'm sure plenty of ppl prefer high density+more amenities (SG) to lower density+fewer amenities (PP).

But there many communities/many thousands of homes with high density SG/PP side of Irvine. And afaik, only PP with ~700 homes with low density that side of Irvine. And I don't think ppl preferring former to latter is ~10:1

so if question is, which will hold value or appreciate better, my guess would be PP just b/c of supply.

But it remains to be seen if PP is considered "Irvine" by future buyers.  Columbus Grove is technically in Irvine but I think most buyers see it as "Tustin"  Also, not all areas of Irvine is viewed the same. 

If it's not Irvine, what would it be considered?  It's not as far south as the denser enclave of Portola Springs and it's not as far east as the less dense enclave of Portola Springs.  In fact, after Enclave 6 of Portola Springs is built, PP will be bordered by Portola Springs on 3 sides.  And I'm pretty sure Portola Springs is viewed as being "Irvine".  Am I missing something here?

Again...there are plenty of neighborhoods in Irvine that are more desirable than others.  Northpark is not as available as Northwoode Pointe.  West Irvine and Columbus Grove are not as desirable as Woodbury.

lol right?  PP and SG... essentially in the same area.  Should only be discussing build and community. 

jmoney74 said:
lol right?  PP and SG... essentially in the same area.  Should only be discussing build and community. 

I continuously point this out to no avail. Location wise CV, WB, SG,PP, WBE, SGE and PS are all in the same area and some people vigorously defend how that extra .3 miles to the WB center makes a huge difference

I was just over at PS looking at the homes.  Just seems not worth it.  The view from some of the homes that I saw weren't that nice.. so what do you actually get other than getting just to drive up a little bit?  I was over at the Colibri model.. they are having a hard time pushing inventory.  So location there is affecting sales. 

jmoney74 said:
I was just over at PS looking at the homes.  Just seems not worth it.  The view from some of the homes that I saw weren't that nice.. so what do you actually get other than getting just to drive up a little bit?  I was over at the Colibri model.. they are having a hard time pushing inventory.  So location there is affecting sales.

Colibri's location is terrible because they are clumped together in the same block with two other attached home community (Agave and Luna).  The floor plan is also not that good (rooms seems small and cramp) and has no yard plus it's a motorcourt.. So it would really be very dense after full build out.

The quintinera one though seems okay.  Still barely any yard but at least it's an SFR and some of the lots looks to have a good view ( the model homes have decent view).  The price also seems comparable to PP and cheaper than SG.

The other community on that enclave (garden hill /sage) is also decent.  I think Very few units available there as it's close to full buildout, but the outer units of that block does have good views too (either facing the mountains or facing down great park area). 

Maybe if the ratio of Caucasian/non-Asian vs Asian / Chinese homeowners of a community reach certain level, it's not considered irvine anymore :p.  Had Stonegate been currently occupied mostly by Caucasians, I don't think it would be as attractive to Chinese FCB :)

Back