Stonegate ? Irvine, California
418 Acres, 3,000 Dwelling Units, The Irvine Company

Woodbury and Woodbury East ? Irvine, California
240 Acres, 2,000 Dwelling Units, The Irvine Company
http://www.wilsonmikami.com/projects.html

CV has 7.29 units per acre
SG has 7.18 units per acre
WB has 8.33 units per acre.

Seriously still defending distance to Woodbury town center to PP?  ;)

I just went to Panera and headed over to PP right after.. took me all but 2 minutes.  If you feel that SG gives you that much better access.. by all means... it must be like SG is built on a loft atop the shops.  FWY access?  Same distance guys.. Both have to split Sand Canyon... that's probably about equal distance.  In terms of the homes themselves.. it's all about your taste and desires.  PP does feel more open because it is less dense but there is only one main park, a really good one though. 

jmoney74 said:

I just went to Panera and headed over to PP right after.. took me all but 2 minutes.  If you feel that SG gives you that much better access.. by all means... it must be like SG is built on a loft atop the shops.  FWY access?  Same distance guys.. Both have to split Sand Canyon... that's probably about equal distance.  In terms of the homes themselves.. it's all about your taste and desires.  PP does feel more open because it is less dense but there is only one main park, a really good one though.

Hey why don't you and PP get a room? lol

jmoney74 said:

Distance to 99 Ranch is the only distance that matters.

jmoney74 said:

Again...not about distance.  More about accessibility.  Obviously, we're not talking about a gigantic difference but there is difference IMO.

Again, not about distance to freeway...it's about access.  During rush hour, bulk of the traffic from PP will be trying to make a left turn on Sand Canyon.  From SG, you can go on Jeffrey or Sand Canyon. 

Obviously, YMMV but I didn't like any of the layouts below $1 M at PP.  I feel like they were more enclosed and less open.  It is weird considering that they had more space to work with.

test said:
jmoney74 said:

Distance to 99 Ranch is the only distance that matters.

Don't actually go to 99 Ranch much anymore...do go to Zion and Hmart quite a lot. 

So the homes in SG.. with no driveway feel more open?  got it. 

Irvinecommuter said:
Again, not about distance to freeway...it's about access.  During rush hour, bulk of the traffic from PP will be trying to make a left turn on Sand Canyon.  From SG, you can go on Jeffrey or Sand Canyon. 

people on the north side of PP may take portola to Sand Canyon. keep in mind that even if most used irvine blvd to make a left at sand canyon there are only 700 homes compared to three thousand at Stonegate. so if 1500 SG residents go to jeffrey and the other 1500 go to sand canyon the access is worse from SG.

jmoney74 said:
So the homes in SG.. with no driveway feel more open?  got it.

Open?  I am not quite sure what you mean.  The lack of a driveway is obviously not great but the interior layouts are much better.

I will take Saratoga for example.  Right now it's about $830K.  Comparable plans at PP are Plans 1 and 2 at Roundtree, Birch Trail, Plan 1 of Springhouse, and Plan 1 of Beachwood.

I hated all of the Birch Trail model...they looked weird from the outside and a really weird layout IMO.

Roundtree is decent and has a driveway.  I haven't gone back in awhile but I recall both of the plans feeling small.  I think one benefit Saratoga has over Roundtree is the ability to buy more living space with the conservatory.  I know that we would have never bought Saratoga if the conservatory was not available. 

Springhouse Plan 1 was also okay but it does not have a downstairs bedroom and is 3 bed/2.5 bedroom compared to the 4/4 layout of Saratoga Plan 2. 

Beachwood is a really hard comparison.  Plan 1 is an one-story and Plan 2 has more space but it has the "Generation Living" thing.  I can see it working well depending on the situation but it also makes the house feel more cramped and enclosed.

Again, YMMV.

qwerty said:
Irvinecommuter said:

people on the north side of PP may take portola to Sand Canyon. keep in mind that even if most used irvine blvd to make a left at sand canyon there are only 700 homes compared to three thousand at Stonegate. so if 1500 SG residents go to jeffrey and the other 1500 go to sand canyon the access is worse from SG.

There are three exit points out of SG right now (not counting those for the apartments).  You can take Spring Meadow and go out to Sand Canyon.  You can go out of Groveland and go to either Jeffrey or Sand Canyon.    There will at least one (maybe two) on Jeffrey when that side gets built out.  People can also exit to Portola once they drop off their kid at Stonegate Elementary.

Yes there are fewer residences in PP but having to make a left turn on to a major street in Irvine severely constrict flow of traffic.  Depending on how the lights are timed...the number of car per signal could be half or 1/3 of straight away traffic.

Also...does anyone know if the unit counts include apartments?

Birchtrail has some horrible sales people there too.. plus a kitchen Island that you can sit with.

I've driven from both directions.. it's the same.  You're talking about maybe 30 seconds to 1 min of less commute time. 

jmoney74 said:
Birchtrail has some horrible sales people there too.. plus a kitchen Island that you can sit with.

I'm tired of you bashing the fine folks at the Birchtrail sales office! Their I don't care if these home sales attitude is wonderful and attractive!  :p

Are they adding in SG West?  There will be even more commuters coming through from that side.  Next thing you know.. it's going to be like West Side Story.

jmoney74 said:
Are they adding in SG West?  There will be even more commuters coming through from that side.  Next thing you know.. it's going to be like West Side Story.

No SG West but there will be community on the other side of Jeffrey. 

PP resident can always take the toll road .. $0.90 and you'll be in 5 or 405 in no time :p

But I agree, that left turn from Irvine Blvd to Sand Canyon would be horrible once PP is all build out (unless they increase the gren light time).  As of now, during rush hour, I think it takes at least two full round of lights to get past that left turn (and that's not counting the delay from the few other stop signs before that).

On the other hand, once SG / CV is fully built out, plus the new community in Jeffrey/Irvine Blvd (Northpoint??), Jeffrey /Sand Canyon  traffic would also be horrible if you coming from SG ..

GH said:
PP resident can always take the toll road .. $0.90 and you'll be in 5 or 405 in no time :p

But I agree, that left turn from Irvine Blvd to Sand Canyon would be horrible once PP is all build out (unless they increase the gren light time).  As of now, during rush hour, I think it takes at least two full round of lights to get past that left turn (and that's not counting the delay from the few other stop signs before that).

On the other hand, once SG / CV is fully built out, plus the new community in Jeffrey/Irvine Blvd (Northpoint??), Jeffrey /Sand Canyon  traffic would also be horrible if you coming from SG ..

Yeah...I'm getting closer and closer to the point of getting a fasttrack.  There is something wrong though about having to pay to get to the freeway...

True but the chock points will be near the freeway/CV...which both PP and SG residents will encounter.

I'm disappointed that they won't be connecting Ridge Valley with Technology once the great park is all built out (The railroad tracks will separate them) as this would give the great park another way out.

Back