Finding Rental Single Family Homes

Irvinecommuter

Wife and I are thinking about renting a single family home because of the kiddo.  What is the best resource for searching for such rentals?  Realtors?  MLS?  Internet? 

Thanks ahead of time :)

Realtor + Internet.

Homeseekers.com (click on 'Lease' option) or Realtor.com (choose the 'Rentals' option) are decent sites to search.

Craigslist.com is hit and miss.

A good realtor will fill in the gap and get you more information and do the back and forth with the other party for you.

irvinehomeowner said:
Realtor + Internet.

Homeseekers.com (click on 'Lease' option) or Realtor.com (choose the 'Rentals' option) are decent sites to search.

Craigslist.com is hit and miss.

A good realtor will fill in the gap and get you more information and do the back and forth with the other party for you.
I've found craigslist to be better for condos than homes.  Your best bet would be to work with a realtor on finding a home to rent.

we found our private party rental via realtor.com.  just called the listing agent and told me we dont have agent and he was more than happy to help us.  the owners gave us discount as they arent paying 2 commissions

You could also drive around the areas you like looking for rental signs. You never know how the home owners list their homes for rent. Some use Craigslist while others may use the local paper or a local community Web site.

Back