finally pulling the trigger

garrison_IHB

Thanks to all for the sage advice I've gleaned from browsing these forums; I've finally decided to pull the trigger and put my house on the market. I own one of of the nicest plan 1's in the Cricket Club tract (newly remodeled from top to bottom including 7" base and crown molding in every room, window and door casing throughout, dark walnut hardwood flooring in every room except the baths, extensive custom built-ins, fully remodeled kitchen with Monogram SS appliances, etc...)

I know it's a tough market, but the home really sells itself. In that regard I had a question about what the average commission is going for these days?

Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated.

PS. I apologize for any spelling or grammatical errors as I draft this from my iPhone while waiting in the dealership for my car to get done with servicing :)

PPS IrvineRealtor, I owe you a PM and I'll do so when I get home

Is your place <a href="http://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/31-Highfield-Gln-92618/home/5811129">like this one</a> on Highfield Glen? I think that is a CC plan 1 although isn't it supposed to be closer to 2,000 vs. 2,200. Maybe Muradian routinely rounds up by 150sf?

Hopefully you did the upgrades yourself or got them cheap. It's hard to make back money on upgrades nowadays...

I think people are still paying 6%ish commissions today, although I'd expect you can get between 5-6%.

Good luck!

If you're using IrvineRealtor... the commission will be worth it.

If you bought Cricket Club when it was new, you should be able to get out with some equity.

Good luck!!

[quote author="irvine_home_owner" date=1234600774]If you're using IrvineRealtor... the commission will be worth it.

If you bought Cricket Club when it was new, you should be able to get out with some equity.

Good luck!!</blockquote>
Ditto that, go to with IR2 and you'll be well taken care of.

Back