Feng shui

For what it's worth.......... we sold our northwood home to a guy from china (flew here to see the house for all of 15 min). The first thing you see is a double door entry with a clear few of the backyard thru a double French door........... a huge no go for feng shui and he still bought it. I know for some it was an issue (mentioned by someone on the first open house) but if you are concerned with resale, is there a "perfect" home especially in that price range? Buyers will try to find something wrong to get the house for less but in the end you only need one buyer.

Like Gasman said............. a feng shui person is probably going to find SOMETHING wrong to justify their service and get another $300 for another consult. Meanwhile, apparently other people are snapping up the lots in that development.

So, it's gonna be something like:

Gasmanalapooza Consulting
Specializing in Feng Shui, Tarot, Palm Reading, Voodoo, Ghost/Animal Whispering, Exorcisms, Bone Reading, Psychic & Medium Interactions.
"You one stop shop for all things mystical & mythical, and nothing scientific"

Whole area is 9000 years of native gravesites. How's that work with FS anyhow? Grandmaster granted a waiver?

While in Taiwan with my wife, we had a professional do a Feng shui analysis of a home we were interested in (we had floor plans, site plans etc.). The pro had degrees in Feng shui from reputable oversea universities and a license issued by the country. Based on one simple question, namely my birthday, the pro gave us a comprehensive and expensive (she made a good living) analysis about orientations for certain rooms and surrounding site considerations. Took 90 minutes. Was it a scam? All this based on just my birthday? To me hogwash, but to foreign Asian buyers it is the gospel based on solid know scientific facts! I'm fairly certain that the pro was honest and was just following her learned principles. From my "research" many bad Feng shui practical applications are individual specific - so what's bad for me may not be bad for you. You can also counteract bad Feng shui by doing other things, i.e. changing colors, moving furniture etc. Telling a believer that it is superstition will be totally ignored - you just don't understand! Can the say the same about many religions. I believe many young people are ignoring this.

DrTravel said:
While in Taiwan with my wife, we had a professional do a Feng shui analysis of a home we were interested in (we had floor plans, site plans etc.). The pro had degrees in Feng shui from reputable oversea universities and a license issued by the country. Based on one simple question, namely my birthday, the pro gave us a comprehensive and expensive (she made a good living) analysis about orientations for certain rooms and surrounding site considerations. Took 90 minutes. Was it a scam? All this based on just my birthday? To me hogwash, but to foreign Asian buyers it is the gospel based on solid know scientific facts! I'm fairly certain that the pro was honest and was just following her learned principles. From my "research" many bad Feng shui practical applications are individual specific - so what's bad for me may not be bad for you. You can also counteract bad Feng shui by doing other things, i.e. changing colors, moving furniture etc. Telling a believer that it is superstition will be totally ignored - you just don't understand! Can the say the same about many religions. I believe many young people are ignoring this.

It's ingrained in the culture. If folks were using their religious beliefs to share what's good or bad about a house, it would receive the same treatment here.

US culture worships guns. That's far more harmful than any feng shui beliefs.

The #4 and front entrances lining up with rear entrances really limit a FCB.

I asked a few FCB's what they thought of the pocket/sliding doors at OH & HC, and they replied with, "No, no, that different".

Hoofhearted said:
The #4 and front entrances lining up with rear entrances really limit a FCB.

I asked a few FCB's what they thought of the pocket/sliding doors at OH & HC, and they replied with, "No, no, that different".

we ruled out certain floor plans in OH (Amelia and Trevi come to mind) due to front door opening to direct line with folding accordion doors in the great room. Not that I believe in it. But my husband on the other hand...even though he's an ABC, I still couldn't convince him otherwise. Other no-nos that were immediate deal breakers: stair case in center of house directly in line with the front door entrance, light pole or tree in direct line of sight when you open your front door, T intersection, having a house be lower than the street grade (not an issue in Irvine, but in some hilly areas of OC like North Tustin). The presence of a #4 was not so important to us.

If the toilet of second floor is on top of oven on first floor: BAD feng shui ? because if the toilet wax ring damaged, things will drop to your soup ?

Back