Favorite Irvine Village

Regardless of price/home, which Irvine Village would you prefer to live in?

• Columbus Grove

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • El Camino

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Northpark

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • Northpark Square

• Northwood

• Northwood II

• Northwood Pointe

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • Oak Creek

Votes: 5 11.9%
  • Orangetree

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Portola Springs

• Quail Hill

• Rancho San Joaquin

• Turtle Ridge

• Turtle Rock

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • University Park

• Walnut

• West Irvine

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Westpark I

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • Westpark II

• Woodbridge

• Woodbury

Votes: 12 28.6%
  • Woodbury East

• Other (optionally specify)

• I would never live in Irvine (OCR option)

• Total voters
heh, I thought everyone who lived in SoCal was "sportif"!

I guess you could get one of the electric assist bikes, or drive your motorized wheelchair, down from shady canyon to the QH starbucks.

Or you could get off your fat ass and go for a walk.  Maybe that would keep people out of the assisted living center longer.

freedomcm said:
Or you could get off your fat ass and go for a walk.  Maybe that would keep people out of the assisted living center longer.
[<-- looks at self]

Should I make a reservation at Laguna Woods?

Heh, there are some real bargains, like $20k for a 1bd condo, at Seizure world these days. 

And free golf cart parking is included in your $1200/mo HOA!

irvinehomeowner said:
That is University Park.

Korean BBQ House is one of our favorites (as is the Vietnamese Photasia (formerly Pho Bac Ky)).

Even though you may never live in Irvine... we appreciate your participation on TI.

Yep, i would chose the neighborhood with the delicious foods and thats closer to central OC where my peeps be.  I mean I suppose if money was absolutely no object I'd buy there anyway, nice and close to several tasty food options, a good grocery store, and the freeway.    And  on the cooler side (temperature wise) of the 405 which matters to me.  But our current real estate plan involves building up a collection of rentable  properties which means buying stuff with break even cash flow and living there for a few years, which means Irvine prices are probably never going to be in that plan. (oh and they really need to remodel that ralphs by the Korean place, its icky in there).

And thanks for having me - I wish there was more "other parts of OC" discussion but I missed lurking on the IHB boards so much that I figured this was better than nothing.  And I'm real estate obsessed in general so the city doesn't matter SO much.  AND Irvine is frankly an important part of OC and getting more important as it expands - whether or not you want tolive there or can afford it or whatever, Irvine is HUGE and smack  in the middle of the county, aggressively built with tons of shopping centers and business parks.    I remember when I was a kid and we would drive to Wild Rivers and I'd feel like we were going through the deep dark wilderness (ok, the dry grassy wilderness) to get there - and 20 years later, BOOM, that whole stretch of freeway and the surrounding area is covered with stuff.

I do find it interesting TRock and WBridge beat out TRidge and WBury.

I guess it's the bigger lots and the man-made lakes? What's the name of the infamous IHB poster who was always worried about the toxic plume under WBridge?

FWIW: Quail Hill is my #1 right now (not the prices though). I like WBridge and TRock too (they were my other 2 choices) but I prefer the newer style floorplans.

What's funny is I used to wonder why people would ever live in Turtle Rock and Quail Hill... but after living in QH... I get it.

EDIT: Mea culpa... I confused Bury with Bridge.

Blueberry East and the Incident said:
irvinehomeowner said:
I do find it interesting TRock and WBridge beat out TRidge and WBury.

Woodbridge got only one vote when I look at the chart. I wouldn't really call that beating out WBury.

The lake is nice, though.
You're right... it's Woodbury that has 8... I mixed that up. Let me correct my post with some BK-edit-fu. So I guess people are scared of the plume... heh.

Talyssa try City Data site active orange county forum. Right here http://www.city-data.com/forum/orange-county/  It has many thread and real estate discussion for all kind of user. I get a lot of information from that website too.

I once was searching for threads on SAnta ana neighborhoods and found the thread where about 4 pages of people either say "Santa ana? but there are MEXICANS there.  Lots of them!" or say "OMG I can't believe how racist everyone is here, omg omg".

Kinda turned me off to that crowd.    Any particular threads you would recommend?

Freedomcm, i popped over there because of hte link off to the North Tustin Vs Irvine post, but there are like ...5 people that post there?  I keep an eye on it in case I care to participate.    The discussion overall seemed less varied.  Again - any particular threads you would recommend?

You can both PM me that stuff so we don't hijack IHO's thread.  Thanks for the recommendations.

Talyssa said:
I once was searching for threads on SAnta ana neighborhoods and found the thread where about 4 pages of people either say "Santa ana? but there are MEXICANS there.  Lots of them!" or say "OMG I can't believe how racist everyone is here, omg omg".

Kinda turned me off to that crowd.    Any particular threads you would recommend?

Freedomcm, i popped over there because of hte link off to the North Tustin Vs Irvine post, but there are like ...5 people that post there?  I keep an eye on it in case I care to participate.    The discussion overall seemed less varied.  Again - any particular threads you would recommend?

You can both PM me that stuff so we don't hijack IHO's thread.  Thanks for the recommendations.

Sorry for adding more, but I have to say this and I think other people will agree with me.  Talyssa, I hope you would post here more and check in here ever so often.  Really enjoyed your posts.

Let's not start throwing out stats now... I think you know what Talyssa means and she's entitled to her opinion.

I'm sure quite a few people think I'm the ONLY one who posts on TI (and I have a post count to prove it  8) ).

I for one assume you are actually a sophisticated artificial intelligence entity built to keep a regular flow of posts on TI.  Every time the system senses a lull in posting it sends you out to create.  And then of course it makes sure you post regular responses so you look like a real person.    I bet you'd go better than 70% on a turing test.

Back