Fast Food Joint(s) Complaints

Arby's near the corner of Barranca/Jamboree: A few Sundays ago, I was at the drive-thru. There were no other customers as it was early. I ordered 2 sandwiches and like always drove off without checking what's inside the bag. Guess what? They freaking got both sandwiches WRONG!! And not just anyone that took my order. It was the manager that took my order!

What the hell?! I can understand during my request, they got it wrong because the place was hectic. It was earlly and the place had no other customers. How in the world do they get the order wrong? BTW, the Sprite tasted like chlorine. They probably never changed the water filter.

Starbucks @ South Coast Plaza near Sears. Every single time I requested the "Signature Hot Chocolate". I'ld get various answers from the workers, such as: "Oh, we're out of that."..."We don't have that. But would you like a regular chocolate? It's the same. But we charge you less." The last time I was there. I had to say, "If you don't have it. Then why do you have it on your menu board?"

Only once did a worker went out of his way to attempt and make me the drink. And funny thing was, this was around the same time that Starbucks had this PR about improving their customer service. I guess customer service only last so long. When they started to shut down stores and laying off workers. Then it's back to the same old routine which is screw the customers.

While I am at it. Again, this was prior to Starbucks shutting down stores. The Starbucks at the corner of Jeffrey/Trabuco Canyon. I asked for a decaf and the girl said, "We don't serve decaf., anymore". I called another location to verify and the answer was, "Oh, yes we do serve decaf." ......Freaking lazy bast@rds!

Subway Sandwich @ the corner of Jamboree/Irvine Blvd. After seeing their ads for a breakfast deal: breakfast sandwich and coffee for alittle over $2.00.

I went there and the employee said, "Uhh, we don't serve coffee." I wanted to blurt out, "But your ad said you serve coffee." So keeping myself in check. I went ahead and ordered the sandwich. I was passed onto another employee who didn't speak English. Then I noticed that he didn't know how to make the sandwich. He kept asking the first employee on how to make the sandwich in his native tongue. I further observed that he microwaved the egg for less that 5 seconds. But I didn't want to say anything b/c of the language barrier. Lastly, he rang me up and wanted $3.00!!! I kept my composure and kindly pointed him to the menu board for the price. It was around $2.00. Lordy lordy.

Corner Bakery at South Coast Plaza. While taking my order, the 30 something worker kept gaulking at 2 pre-teen girls. I kept wondering to myself: "The restaurant hired him to help customers. Does he not know that it's disrespectful and inappropriate to be gaulking while on the job? Let alone gaulking at 2 kids."

Ok, another adventure at the Starbucks near Sears in South Coast Plaza: I wanted the bagel toasted and the employee said to me, "Sorry, the oven is not on." I looked at my wife and thinking, "WTF, so the oven is off. It's not broken, so turn it on." And just as I was thinking that, "He blurted out. It'll take 5 minutes to turn on." What the hell? Then turn it on, I can wait 5 minutes. But don't tell the customers that the "oven is not on."

Subway Sandwich, again. But this time another location. They have that breakfast poster plastered on the front window. (a breakfast sandwich with a Seattle's coffee). I asked for the coffee and the reply was, "Sorry, we don't have any coffee." WTF!!??

McDonald's @ South Coast Plaza: While other locations offer the breakfast dollar menu, where a small coffee is $1.00. This freaking location charges $1.95 (koo-koo).

The McDonalds on Culver and Irvine Center Drive NEVER gets my drive-thru order right. Especially the sauce for the chicken nuggets. My kids love happy meals and every other week they get one. Every single time they ask me what sauce I want at the ordering speaker and it shows up on their electronic screen. But it never ends up in the bags. I usually have a big order with lots of bags since we are a family of 5 so I don't get to check through each bag when I get them handed to me through the window. When I do check, they give me a dirty look like I am holding up the line. This happens with the caramel sauce for the apple dippers too. Why can't they get something as simple as this correct? Very irritating.

[quote author="deeceemartini"]The McDonalds on Culver and Irvine Center Drive NEVER gets my drive-thru order right. Especially the sauce for the chicken nuggets. My kids love happy meals and every other week they get one. Every single time they ask me what sauce I want at the ordering speaker and it shows up on their electronic screen. But it never ends up in the bags. I usually have a big order with lots of bags since we are a family of 5 so I don't get to check through each bag when I get them handed to me through the window. When I do check, they give me a dirty look like I am holding up the line. This happens with the caramel sauce for the apple dippers too. Why can't they get something as simple as this correct? Very irritating.[/quote]
I feel your pain. The McDonalds off Alton and Culver has forgotten to give me my BBQ sauce (it's one of the reasons why I'll eat those McNuggets) twice and now I check the bag EVERY time for the sauce.

[quote author="USCTrojanCPA"]
[quote author="deeceemartini"]The McDonalds on Culver and Irvine Center Drive NEVER gets my drive-thru order right. Especially the sauce for the chicken nuggets. My kids love happy meals and every other week they get one. Every single time they ask me what sauce I want at the ordering speaker and it shows up on their electronic screen. But it never ends up in the bags. I usually have a big order with lots of bags since we are a family of 5 so I don't get to check through each bag when I get them handed to me through the window. When I do check, they give me a dirty look like I am holding up the line. This happens with the caramel sauce for the apple dippers too. Why can't they get something as simple as this correct? Very irritating.[/quote]
I feel your pain. The McDonalds off Alton and Culver has forgotten to give me my BBQ sauce (it's one of the reasons why I'll eat those McNuggets) twice and now I check the bag EVERY time for the sauce.[/quote]

You are lucky. Many sheeple will be buying their "Ranch burger" and the developer will have forgotten to give the buyers their land.

[quote author="reason"][quote author=deeceemartini board=foodanddining thread=11 post=4662 time=1264573011]The McDonalds on Culver and Irvine Center Drive NEVER gets my drive-thru order right. Especially the sauce for the chicken nuggets. My kids love happy meals and every other week they get one. Every single time they ask me what sauce I want at the ordering speaker and it shows up on their electronic screen. But it never ends up in the bags. I usually have a big order with lots of bags since we are a family of 5 so I don't get to check through each bag when I get them handed to me through the window. When I do check, they give me a dirty look like I am holding up the line. This happens with the caramel sauce for the apple dippers too. Why can't they get something as simple as this correct? Very irritating.[/quote]

Avoid the coffee at this location. It's very bland. I guess they diluted it to cut cost.

[quote author="graceomalley"]
You are lucky. Many sheeple will be buying their "Ranch burger" and the developer will have forgotten to give the buyers their land.[/quote]

That was pretty damn funny.

[quote author="USCTrojanCPA"]
I feel your pain. The McDonalds off Alton and Culver has forgotten to give me my BBQ sauce (it's one of the reasons why I'll eat those McNuggets) twice and now I check the bag EVERY time for the sauce.[/quote]

I always check EVERYTHING from drive-thrus, because seriously, half the time it is wrong. I really think they put the stupidest employees in charge of the drive-thru. Last time I went to Taco Bell, I ordered 6 items, and the girl couldn't keep up with my order as I said it. So I repeated it slowly once, then again. Then I asked her to read it back and asked her how many items she had on her list (just to confirm). She said 7. But she'd only read off 6, so I asked her to repeat them. Once again, she read off my 6 correct items...but again, she said she had 7 (and sounded frustrated with me). I was like, ok, whatever, we'll see what they give me. They actually got this order correct, but I only had 6 items in my bag. So how the heck did she count 7...TWICE??? Idiots.

About McNuggets sauce, I don't like the fact that the default seems to be BBQ. I always order either hot mustard for me, or sweet & sour for my husband (b/c he's Asian so that's how he rolls), but whenever I order McNuggets, they always say, "BBQ sauce?" So I have to say no, and specify which sauce I want. Why don't they just ask which sauce I want, instead of assuming it's BBQ?

Back