Fashion Island gourmet food store cancels plans

cameray

Dean & DeLuca isn't coming to Newport Beach next year after all. This follows previous reports of the store opening being postponed from 2009 to 2010, reports retail blogger Lisa Liddane.

John Christensen, vice president of media relations for the Irvine Company, which owns Fashion Island, confirmed this when asked. In an emailed statement, he said, "We have just been informed by Dean & DeLuca that they are not moving forward with their store at Fashion Island. We are very surprised and disappointed and believe that they would have been a wonderful addition not only to our center, but also to Newport Beach.

http://fastfood.freedomblogging.com/2009/12/24/fashion-island-gourmet-food-store-cancels-plans/46589/

[quote author="cameray"]Dean & DeLuca isn't coming to Newport Beach next year after all. This follows previous reports of the store opening being postponed from 2009 to 2010, reports retail blogger Lisa Liddane.

John Christensen, vice president of media relations for the Irvine Company, which owns Fashion Island, confirmed this when asked. In an emailed statement, he said, "We have just been informed by Dean & DeLuca that they are not moving forward with their store at Fashion Island. We are very surprised and disappointed and believe that they would have been a wonderful addition not only to our center, but also to Newport Beach.

http://fastfood.freedomblogging.com/2009/12/24/fashion-island-gourmet-food-store-cancels-plans/46589/[/quote]

Under comments--

Will says:
I think we have gone from the Dean & DeLucca Economy to the Trader Joe's Economy. TJ's would be perfect for Fashion Island!

I agree!!

That's hilarious. I once considered a mail / Internet order from D&D, and then I saw their prices. <!-- s:eek: -->:eek:<!-- s:eek: -->

Anyone else remember when Circuit City first went into Fashion Island? There was some controversy because it wasn't an upscale store. But, the economy wasn't good and FI was hurting with its focus entirely on upscale stores. I don't understand how the Irvine Company managed not to see the same thing coming two years ago.

Back