Fantasy Lifestyle ? Trading Game

There was this old Twilight Zone episode where the main character could trade any attribute, any asset/possession he has or any situation he is in with any attributes, assets or situation someone else is in.

Some examples in the show were that he traded his broken arm for another patient?s severe cold; he also traded his youth/health for the wealth and money of an old successful businessman. To get his youth back; he later trade with several younger men a few years of their youths for smaller sums of money. What is the value of each of your attributes, relationships and situations? What you consider useless might be highly valuable to others. If you could trade anything with anyone what would you trade?

This experiment is usually interesting where it lead to intense discussions wherever I tried it; at the very least, the exercise helps me to reconsider the blessings and situations I often take for granted. It also helps me to figure out and calculate the costs of dreams and inspirations? it also helps reminds me to be content with the things God has given me?

There are some thing that you wouldn't trade the world for; but there are things I always wish I can, what are some of them...

I?ll go first? I am willing to trade Eight years of my life, to own a <a href="http://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/61-Regal-92620/home/7220026">Cachette </a>house in Woodbury free and clear? any takers?

I?m willing to trade ALL of my education, degrees and certifications for a passionate career; where I have the same smile in the afternoon as in the morning going in.

The biggest assets in my life that are off the table are: My relations with God; my wife, my son, health, integrity, character & heart?

The things that are going to cost you if you want to trade are: Years of my life, My Savings/Investments, All of my material possessions, my intellectual & emotional intelligence, my US Citizenship?

The things that are for trade are: My education, 2 BA, 1 Masters Degrees, My various talents/skills, industry knowledge, my income streams (customer base)

I?m looking for: More Faith, a Fearless spiritual walk; risk tolerance nature, a meaningful, passionate, impactful career where I can help people and make lots of money?

[quote author="roundcorners" date=1248737289]I?ll go first? I am willing to trade Eight years of my life, to own a <a href="http://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/61-Regal-92620/home/7220026">Cachette </a>house in Woodbury free and clear? any takers?

I?m willing to trade ALL of my education, degrees and certifications for a passionate career; where I have the same smile in the afternoon as in the morning going in.

The biggest assets in my life that are off the table are: My relations with God; my wife, my son, health, integrity, character & heart?

The things that are going to cost you if you want to trade are: Years of my life, My Savings/Investments, All of my material possessions, my intellectual & emotional intelligence, my US Citizenship?

The things that are for trade are: My education, 2 BA, 1 Masters Degrees, My various talents/skills, industry knowledge, my income streams (customer base)

I?m looking for: More Faith, a Fearless spiritual walk; risk tolerance nature, <strong>a meaningful, passionate, impactful career where I can help people and make lots of money?</strong></blockquote>

Good luck with that one. The two are almost mutually exclusive (don't attack me, I said almost).

This is easy if you could trade bad things for good things... like could I trade my extra girth to some skinny kid who has a hard time gaining weight and wants to be a football player?

Or maybe I should trade it to AZDave... he needs thicker skin anyways (sorry... couldn't resist my serial killer tendencies).

[quote author="tmare" date=1248738621][quote author="roundcorners" date=1248737289]I?ll go first? I am willing to trade Eight years of my life, to own a <a href="http://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/61-Regal-92620/home/7220026">Cachette </a>house in Woodbury free and clear? any takers?

I?m looking for: More Faith, a Fearless spiritual walk; risk tolerance nature, <strong>a meaningful, passionate, impactful career where I can help people and make lots of money?</strong></blockquote>

Good luck with that one. The two are almost mutually exclusive (don't attack me, I said almost).</blockquote>

Actually, not. People who start businesses in order to make a zillion bucks, rarely succeed. People who are passionate about making something that a lot of other people find useful though (i.e. helps lots of people), usually end up with a zillion bucks even though that wasn't their primary intention.

[quote author="roundcorners" date=1248737289]I?ll go first? I am willing to trade Eight years of my life, to own a <a href="http://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/61-Regal-92620/home/7220026">Cachette </a>house in Woodbury free and clear? any takers?</blockquote>

That's funny, RC. I think a lot of people would gladly do the opposite and give up any worldly possessions in order to have more time on this earth with their loved ones.

just heard a great piece on Focus On The Family this morning, about working moms, who decide to stay home after having kids... I would not trade anything in the world for the things I've been able to do and see with our new born, but; if I wake up tomorrow 8 years older, but in our Woodbury home, I'd do it!

Chasing money was how I got into sales in the first place... most of my life, I've just been chasing the almighty dollar... I never invested in my passions, as a matter of fact, conserving and being fearful, knowing how hard that $ was earned is how I got here... I don't really know what I love to do! One question I've been asking myself is, what is the one thing that I do without much effort, and while doing it, time just flies by... the only thing I could think of is the IHB and doing RE research... hummmm...

reading the post,, is that sad of me...

[quote author="irvine_home_owner" date=1248740835]This is easy if you could trade bad things for good things... like could I trade my extra girth to some skinny kid who has a hard time gaining weight and wants to be a football player?

Or maybe I should trade it to AZDave... he needs thicker skin anyways (sorry... couldn't resist my serial killer tendencies).</blockquote>

That is so brilliant? never thought of that? although knowing our obesity problem,, fat would probably be a cheap commodity? sorry, IHO? looks like you got an appointment in the gym tonight?

Socal... I thought you would have put 2+2 together, with what I shared... I thought you would have responded with,,, give everything to the needy... and you will have no choice to live entirely by faith then... :bug:

When I lived in Irvine I wanted to trade having less house for more land. Having less trees on the street and more trees in my yard.

Owning less and enjoying life more.

[quote author="roundcorners" date=1248757409][quote author="irvine_home_owner" date=1248740835]This is easy if you could trade bad things for good things... like could I trade my extra girth to some skinny kid who has a hard time gaining weight and wants to be a football player?

Or maybe I should trade it to AZDave... he needs thicker skin anyways (sorry... couldn't resist my serial killer tendencies).</blockquote>

That is so brilliant? never thought of that? although knowing our obesity problem,, fat would probably be a cheap commodity? sorry, IHO? looks like you got an appointment in the gym tonight?</blockquote>

That one's easy actually. Load up the grocery cart as usual, before checkout total up all the junk food items, go put them back, donate the junk food cash amount to a food bank. Done.

[quote author="roundcorners" date=1248757643]Socal... I thought you would have put 2+2 together, with what I shared... I thought you would have responded with,,, give everything to the needy... and you will have no choice to live entirely by faith then... :bug:</blockquote>

Hmm... actually SoCal might suggest a different answer. Tear your heart, not your garments.

[quote author="roundcorners" date=1248757273]I don't really know what I love to do! One question I've been asking myself is, what is the one thing that I do without much effort, and while doing it, time just flies by.</blockquote>

I can't believe ya don't see it.

RC... I would trade half my down payment funds, all of my social awkwardness, a kidney, and two blue eyes for your guts, your spirit, and your way with people.

[quote author="SoCal78" date=1248760077][quote author="roundcorners" date=1248757273]I don't really know what I love to do! One question I've been asking myself is, what is the one thing that I do without much effort, and while doing it, time just flies by.</blockquote>

I can't believe ya don't see it.

RC... I would trade half my down payment funds, all of my social awkwardness, a kidney, and two blue eyes for your guts, your spirit, and your way with people.</blockquote>

Are you serious? thanks.. that really made my night... you're right sometimes, we just can't see whats right in front of us...

[quote author="roundcorners" date=1248757098]just heard a great piece on Focus On The Family this morning, about working moms, who decide to stay home after having kids... I would not trade anything in the world for the things I've been able to do and see with our new born, but; if I wake up tomorrow 8 years older, but in our Woodbury home, I'd do it!</blockquote>

No you would not, just remember your newborn son would also be 8 years old. I wouldn't trade the last 5 years watching my kids grow up for anything in the world! I know you wouldn't either, just think about it.

[quote author="roundcorners" date=1248757273]Chasing money was how I got into sales in the first place... most of my life, I've just been chasing the almighty dollar... I never invested in my passions, as a matter of fact, conserving and being fearful, knowing how hard that $ was earned is how I got here... I don't really know what I love to do! One question I've been asking myself is, what is the one thing that I do without much effort, and while doing it, time just flies by... the only thing I could think of is the IHB and doing RE research... hummmm...

reading the post,, is that sad of me...</blockquote>

So you do sales.

and you like RE and IHB.

here's a hint for you. You can even do it on the side until you get cash flow going.

<a href="http://www.bubbleinfo.com/">http://www.bubbleinfo.com/</a>

I would trade my US citizenship for a French one. Of course if that really happened, I would probably regret it and want my US one back.

Back