PANDA_IHB
New member
bkshopr said:You are correct. The Persians have cash too but they are after the larger homes in the 700+ range while in the recent 300k range activities are mostly Chinese buyers.orgopeach said:Why is this all Chinese. I know a Syrian co-worker whose parents gave him all cash to buy a house 700+. I'm sure Syrians and Persians have money too.
Tell me BK... So what price range in Irvine are the most recent Korean home buyers looking at? I hear that Northwood Pointe is a popular location for Korean buyers.
I found this Ethnic Composition forecast from TIC to be very interesting.
Ethnic Composition 2007 2011 projected
Caucasion (Non-Hispanic) 49.60% 44.90%
Asian (Non-Hispanic) 36.60% 41.10%
Hispanic or Latino 7.7% 7.8%
Two or more Races 4.3% 5.0%
Black/African American 1.2% 1.2%
If this projection holds true, there very well may be more Asians than Caucasions living in Irvine by the year 2016.