Epoxy service in garage and garage cabinets

SweetMiss

Hi,
Do you guys recommend to do the epoxy coat by urself? or professional services?

We are getting a quote from 1500-1800 for our 2 car garage for our new home.

Also for the cabinets in garage do you recommend someone?

Thanks.

Premier Garage is what a lot of people use.  I was quoted $1550 for a two car garage.  The quality is really good compared to others.

+1 on Premier. Had it done 2 weeks ago. Happy with results. Installer was Patrick and he was nice to work with.

All how about Great room flooring, do you know any one who does a good job, and also need suggestions between marble floor Vs Ceramic Tile

SweetMiss said:
Hi,
Do you guys recommend to do the epoxy coat by urself? or professional services?

We are getting a quote from 1500-1800 for our 2 car garage for our new home.

Also for the cabinets in garage do you recommend someone?

Thanks.

Consider the ROI on epoxy flooring.

I got quotes from several companies for epoxy floor and went with Vision Garage Flooring (they do all of Irvine Pacific's epoxy flooring work).  Price was under $2,000 for my 3-car garage with the stem walls.  I also had my contractor (any handyman can do it too) install garage cabinets that I bought from Flow Wall (www.flowwall.com).  Saved about 25-30% versus getting them installed from a provider.

There are alternatives to the typical speckled textured epoxy flooring. There are solid color smooth surface epoxy options, and it's slightly cheaper - one or two fewer steps without needing to add flakes. Liquid Dazzle is one product.

There's also the polished concrete option where they basically sand the surface down to a smooth shiny finish - think Costco concrete floor, but much cleaner looking and shinier. This is labor intensive and expensive - ~$6.50 per sq ft. It gives the garage floor an industrial look.

Still trying to decide what I'll do in the garage...

Same here, I've been putting off doing the garage until landscaping done. Now my garage is next. Except, I already collected full of junks within two years time. I guess it, bound to happen.

There is a company in Anaheim that manufacture only epoxy for garage and this what the professional use. I forget the name, but the kits is not cheap like lowes or homedepot. I think the cost of 6 hundreds or more for just material for two car garage. Then, I can either DIY it or just hire a guy to do the work. Can't remember the name of this product.

I also used Vision Garage Flooring, very professional and I was very satisfied with the service and product.
I made a point to do it before moving since I knew once we got our crap in there, game over...garage will need to be completely cleared of belongings at the beginning of the treatment (obvious). Then it takes 3 days for them to apply the various coatings and chips. Then another 4 days before you can drive onto it, maybe 2 to walk on it. But basically the garage will be out of service for 1 week. Especially relevant if you are moving and planning to move stuff into the house via the garage entry ;) Definitely worth the expense and inconvenience though.
I also learned that a lot of 'dust' that one finds in the garage is generated by the concrete garage floor itself; that was news to me (I always thought it blew in from the outside)! So garages with surfaces treated with epoxy will be much cleaner, and so will your car(s) and other items.

I've used Garage Remedy and they did a great job. Both epoxy floors and cabinets. You definitely want to hire someone to do this.

Make sure garage is empty - including washer/dryer out of the way if they are in there.

Back