Ellwood by Richmond American at Beacon Park

Perspective said:
ChasingRainbows said:
Driveway Nash home for sale, backyard is done.
http://www.estately.com/listings/info/156-mongoose

Classic new Irvine backyard - tiny, 90%+ paved, and walls/windows peering down from every direction!

Why wouldn't you eliminate some paving and plant tall shrubs and/or trees around the perimeter?

because at that point we weren't moving in - and it highly likely going out for rent/sale. so making it typical is the way to go. this way people can add to it as they see fit.

i think the wide angle shots are exaggerating the already small backyard (about 1k sq ft in total), making it seem like the concrete is 90% (where in fact its like 50% of the available area). point-n-shoot below from progress gives better idea.

the shrubs against the wall will grow to wall-length (though who knows how long that'll take), and yeah if i was living there i'd just opt for the $$$ to fill up the wall. debating re-shooting it a bit though because it does seem like its just concrete only. we'll see how it goes.

The landscaping looks good, and those pics do make it look less paved. This yard just desperately needs some trees screening neighbors.

eyephone said:
Perspective said:
The landscaping looks good, and those pics do make it look less paved. This yard just desperately needs some trees screening neighbors.

Looks good?

haha he's just being civil/polite since I directly replied.. its quite basic.

Hazelnut007 said:
Which phase was closed recently?

3 and 4? I've seen some new cars parked along the streets recently.  I also see 3 for lease signs in front of Ellwood homes, 2 for sale (both driveway lots). 

I checked  out the Nash that is for sale. The house is done beautifully, except I feel builder has done crappy job grading the deck. The slopes can't be made so obvious.

Can anyone please share you experts knowledge on Irvine real estate., 

What is the current value of Nolan base price for resale, based on what builder listed his backed-out lots.

I noticed one Nolan listed for $1.1M with deck+deck+driveway. But what is the realistic base price with no options which was listed at $829k when community started last year.

How much does it cost now? Please share your knowledge. thanks in advance.

Cornflakes said:
I checked  out the Nash that is for sale. The house is done beautifully, except I feel builder has done crappy job grading the deck. The slopes can't be made so obvious.

It was enforced by City of Irvine Building and Safety that all deck slope must be no less than 3%. The decks are built at 3%. Some future projects will have the self leveler decks.

I lived in phase 5. Around 00:10 AM?we began to hear the wolves howl in the phase 7 on our right,  in a frightful manner!  I dunno how many there, sounds like more than one. I called 911 but no police show up till now (01:30am)

boscomama said:
I lived in phase 5. Around 00:10 AM?we began to hear the wolves howl in the phase 7 on our right,  in a frightful manner!  I dunno how many there, sounds like more than one. I called 911 but no police show up till now (01:30am)

That's from coyote. 

But since we are almost at full moon, you've never know what's out there.  :)

lnc said:
boscomama said:

That's from coyote. 

But since we are almost at full moon, you've never know what's out there.  :)

It is NOT coyote! I am sure. I still heard this morning. And neighbours heard too. It is so scary.

boscomama said:
It is NOT coyote! I am sure. I still heard this morning. And neighbours heard too. It is so scary.
How do you know the difference between a coyote howl and a wolf one?

You might as well say you think it's a dire wolf.

#WinterIsComing

Keep the pets inside at night as these coyotes are very good at hopping low fences. Helps to keep a baseball bat in the garage within reach just in case as well - as per a prior thread on this subject. With some of the "nature trails" built in the community acting as coyote superhighways, you're going to see more of these critters in the community than expected. Coyotes and Ants seem to be the primary invaders in new home developments once move ins start.

Off subject a bit, the Mongoose listed home has such little privacy based on the photos. All homes in the area like that? For $1.0m I'd expect fewer overlooks into my back yard.

Off subject II: Anyone now a days really filling up their Jr. Olympic sized bathtub? Our 1990's vintage home has one and it's never been filled. Do people get any use out of these?

My .02c

SGIP

irvinehomeowner said:
You might as well say you think it's a dire wolf.
Extinct ice age creatures returning from the dead and showing up in Beacon Park? Damn, I thought the paranormal activity in Beacon Park would only start after the cemetery opens.

since we are talking about Ellwood here.
I had a lot of trouble with the home purchase (before and after)
I thought the epic delays was the peak of my frustration, but looking back from now few months after closing, i was so wrong. the Ellwood home that Richmond American delivered is in subpar standards, and the customer service is lacking to say the least.

I purchased homes before, and never thought i would encounter so many build quality related issues after closing. It will be a miracle for me to comeback and buy another Richmond American built homes again.

If you are home owner at Ellwood, check and recheck your home! there might be a zoo behind your walls!!!!
If you missed out on Ellwood, lucky you!!!

Attachments

• IMG_4921.jpg
    IMG_4921.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 520
oceanmonkey said:
since we are talking about Ellwood here.
I had a lot of trouble with the home purchase (before and after)
I thought the epic delays was the peak of my frustration, but looking back from now few months after closing, i was so wrong. the Ellwood home that Richmond American delivered is in subpar standards, and the customer service is lacking to say the least.

I purchased homes before, and never thought i would encounter so many build quality related issues after closing. It will be a miracle for me to comeback and buy another Richmond American built homes again.

If you are home owner at Ellwood, check and recheck your home! there might be a zoo behind your walls!!!!
If you missed out on Ellwood, lucky you!!!

Omg! what are we looking at? is that trash? whats the black stuff?

that's the 4 months old home warming gift (AC unit leaking pipe behind master bedroom wall) left by
Richmond American!
well done, well done!

Back