Ellwood by Richmond American at Beacon Park

I believe the most demand was for the Nathaniel model as those were the first models to sell out in every phase, including the model home.  1.2mil for the model Nathaniel, and I think it was 1.3mil for the model Nolan.  The Nolan A for sale doesn't have a deck, probably commands a lot premium since its on a 3 pack motorcourt, and I believe across from the park (not 100% sure though).  With only a couple lots still for sale I think Ellwood did well compared to other developments at BP.

java123 said:
I know there was lots of demand for Nolan or homes with deck.  I am comparing Nolan with Melody, Welton to estimate Nolan.

1. How much is Nolan(A or B or C) true worth in today's market.

2. How much are they asking for Phase 11 Nolan A which is still up for sale?

3 Why no buyers for most demanded Nolan? Phase 11 still has one left!

Any analysis?

congrats Capboba.
which model and elevation did you buy end up buying?

capboba said:
akkord said:
oceanmonkey said:
Is Ellwood completely sold out?
What's the final price?

Last I checked 2 models and 2 last phase lots were still for sale, but that was over a week ago.

there was an offer on one of those model (nolan?), and i believe one of the last phase lot has a reserve down. the last nolan (without a deck) was still available. this was late last week when i went in.

we're finally closing in about a week. will see how that goes heh.

oceanmonkey said:
congrats Capboba.

went with nash + the deck.

its turning out okay but the exterior wall feels so empty/bland vs other models in the modern elevation (e.g. Nathaniel, the corner lot ones has more treatment around the windows plus exterior walls)

supposedly you can see catalina island from the deck on a nice clear day... (for sale: irvine home with rooftop deck, partial ocean view...) haha...

capboba said:
oceanmonkey said:
congrats Capboba.

its turning out okay but the exterior wall feels so empty/bland vs other models in the modern elevation (e.g. Nathaniel, the corner lot ones has more treatment around the windows plus exterior walls)

supposedly you can see catalina island from the deck on a nice clear day... (for sale: irvine home with rooftop deck, partial ocean view...) haha...

That rooftop deck is a cool concept. Can you put a jacuzzi up there?

That deck... And if it does face the ocean, that's a keeper.

(Unless of course, tall commercial buildings are erected, or other apartment/condo builders decide to cock block the view, just like Trump/Central Park).

Don't you have the biggest deck in all models?
how much property tax are you going to be paying?

capboba said:
oceanmonkey said:
congrats Capboba.

oceanmonkey said:

Now I can totally see the conversation between Ellwood owners...

Owner 1:  How do you like your deck?

Owner 2:  I totally love my new deck.  It's bigger than others and it's so functional,  I can do a lot of thing with it.  I never had anything like this before and my wife love it too. 

Owner 1:  I bet she does.

:) :) :)

oceanmonkey said:

ill be honest i have no clue how comparable the size of the decks are. since we have a big chunk in the nash one w/o covered portion.

they've laid out the homes well enough that if you pick the right lot, you should be fine in terms of other ppl peeking into your deck area.

property tax is the usual county tax + more in BP for mello roos vs PP. while our PP place isn't comparable in square footage, I recall the % in my head was around 20-30% more.

AW said:
That deck... And if it does face the ocean, that's a keeper.

(Unless of course, tall commercial buildings are erected, or other apartment/condo builders decide to cock block the view, just like Trump/Central Park).

yeah who knows what they'll build beyond the horizon south facing. i believe there will eventually be mixed used retail space there beyond the park, so maybe it'll end up blocking views. there's no real guarantee.

the deck front facing is actually getting us a nice view of the landfill (lol) + mountain/hills

but yes you can see the ocean from the uncovered terrace portion. our lot sits higher than the other homes so there's that.

UI9sTUN.png

I am so glad my couple of extra lines could bring you the happiness of seeing an ocean view. As far as I know nothing of height will block your view.

Saw couple of sky loft lot closed recently,
Wondering if any of the lucky owners planning on putting decking? I saw the models have pretty titled surface, without decking to level it up it almost not usable IMO.

Unfortunately the builder did not think the consumers would pay for this $25k+ optional deck. Future buyers should insist on this "self leveler deck" option where a deck is floated on to the sloping deck required by code for proper drainage. The self leveler deck is available in wood or 2x2 concrete pavers. Water is drained through a 3/16" slot between pavers or wood slats.

Here is a project I did in LA.
image.jpg1_zpsux3ersch.jpg

oceanmonkey said:
Saw couple of sky loft lot closed recently,
Wondering if any of the lucky owners planning on putting decking? I saw the models have pretty titled surface, without decking to level it up it almost not usable IMO.

Holy Smokes, this crazy guy bought an Elwood, moving in July.  I apologize in advance to whoever shares a motorcourt with this guy, I hope you don't need much peace and quiet. 

I think this alone would dissuade me from moving my children to Elwood.

iacrenter said:
FranchisePlr said:
Saw a Red Lambo Huracan rollin' through Beacon.  I guess I found who's going to be your neighbors.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bT4wopduFO8

LOL, is he for real? Why the hell would he want to move into BP? I would love to see the looks on the faces of his Asian neighbors as he throws his first rooftop party.

BP is now the home of toxic soil, a cemetery, and Devin Physique. I'm not sure which one is worse.

Back