Ellwood by Richmond American at Beacon Park

I gain nothing. Architect's fee is independent of sales.

WTTCHMN said:
Happiness said:
WTTCHMN said:
JLin said:
Phase 11 Pricing (Last Phase other than models)

Plan 1:
900,900 (Lot 29)
907,990 (Lot 32)

Plan 2:
940,990 (Lot 28)
967,990 (Lot 33)

Plan 3:
961,990 (Lot 30)
968,990 (Lot 31)

The more expensive version of each plan represents modern elevation, park facing but I don't think it includes the 40k mandatory deck option.

Ellwood blew through 11 phases in 4 months?  That's incredibly fast.  Makes you wonder why they're in such a hurry...  can't build them that fast.  Or maybe IHS really is King Midas.
Or maybe this demonstrates the power of TI.  The posters on TI declared Elwood a winner when it opened and maybe that endorsement contributed to Elwood's success.

Regardless, it should make IHS very rich.  He'll be able to upgrade from a shitty view on the UWS to a Zeckendorf condo overlooking the Christmas market on Union Square.

WTTCHMN said:
Ellwood blew through 11 phases in 4 months?  That's incredibly fast.  Makes you wonder why they're in such a hurry...  can't build them that fast.  Or maybe IHS really is King Midas.

OK, I am confused now.  I thought Ellwood or atleast Nolan was all sold out.  How many phases are there?

or the neighbors are all so close together that you can hop on to your neighbor's deck??

Hazelnut007 said:
wondering what is eye-level standing on the deck of each of the plan? Would the view of the sunset from Nolan deck (lot 31) be blocked by the other two decks in front?

Irvine Dream said:
WTTCHMN said:

OK, I am confused now.  I thought Ellwood or atleast Nolan was all sold out.  How many phases are there?

Your excel spreadsheet must be corrupted.  According to JLin above, the 12th phase is the models.

One Nash Model is available as of yesterday (modern elevation). 

Phase 11 will be released after the New Year with hefty lot premiums, don't think you can get a Nolan <1mm anymore after premiums/upgrades.

Wonder if people will still buy at that price range, I know I wouldn't @ that price point.

akkord said:
One Nash Model is available as of yesterday (modern elevation). 

Phase 11 will be released after the New Year with hefty lot premiums, don't think you can get a Nolan <1mm anymore after premiums/upgrades.

Wonder if people will still buy at that price range, I know I wouldn't @ that price point.

People are waiting for the Eastwood release.

Nolan Modern elevation was sold out prior to phase 10 release. The buyer was not even present at the phase release. I am getting similar vibe this time around as well for Phase 11 Nolan Modern elev.

I wonder if builder is playing favors for the well-connected buyers and the priority list does not apply to them?!

Cornflakes said:
Nolan Modern elevation was sold out prior to phase 10 release. The buyer was not even present at the phase release. I am getting similar vibe this time around as well for Phase 11 Nolan Modern elev.

I wonder if builder is playing favors for the well-connected buyers and the priority list does not apply to them?!

All basic. Cash buyers move up.

Cornflakes said:

My experience was first come first serve during their pre-grand opening, I have not shown up to any releases at Ellwood.  I think they have release "dates", but they just call those on the priority list and go down the list and you don't need to be present to buy.  You say you want a lot, you come in at a later time and sign the papers.

Ellwood didn't release like Sheldon at Greenwood when they had everyone show up and they called names down their priority list and to stay on the list you had to show up each time.  I thought it was ridiculous since there are some phases you probably didn't want any of the lots, or if they didn't have a floorplan/elevation you wanted you still had to show up and waste a morning.

FranchisePlr said:
Anyone drop out of previous phases?  If so, the new buyers have to pay new higher prices?  Did anyone move in yet?

Not sure about anyone dropping out, but I haven't heard anything.

We closed on NYE.  I've been doing preventative maintanence in the new home this past weekend.  Finished sealing the tile, grout, floors in the 3 bathrooms and laundry room.  Going to be working on the kitchen this week. 

Then it's time to start doing all the upgrading I want to do, wife will probably make me hold off on the non-essentials though until we get the first home rented. 

Akkord,

Congrats on the COE.  I too am closing in a few weeks, given your recent experience, any things you would recommend after COE? 

LongIrvine said:
Akkord,

Congrats on the COE.  I too am closing in a few weeks, given your recent experience, any things you would recommend after COE?

I'll shoot you a PM so we don't clutter the Ellwood thread. 

I see all 3 plans for Ellwood (may be just one house each) in Redfin today.  I thought Ellwoods were selling like hot cakes.  Are these with even smaller sites and/or next to a big street or something?  I still don't see price dropping so I was wondering why they showed up in Redfin...

Redfin is pulling new tract info from newhomesource.com and apparently mish-mashing model names with real inventory.  :p For example, they show 3 Oakmont floor plans + 2 quick move-ins for a total of "5" listings.

In the case of Ellwood, looks like they only show the models by name (Nash, Nathaniel, Nolan) instead of address. So I doubt they're specific lots.

pricedoutJay said:
I see all 3 plans for Ellwood (may be just one house each) in Redfin today.  I thought Ellwoods were selling like hot cakes.  Are these with even smaller sites and/or next to a big street or something?  I still don't see price dropping so I was wondering why they showed up in Redfin...

I was at the sales office a couple days ago, last phase didn't sell out right away, I'm thinking it has to do with the price.  4 lots not under contract are available.  The models, +1 other to be built next to the models have not been released for sale.  The 3 models will all have driveways, the +1, I believe will not.  All released Nathaniels have been sold, the most popular floor plan. 

I'm also surprised by the amount of Ellwood buyers on TI.  I know a couple of us have announced we bought, but a ton of lurkers have PM'd me privately on here as well.  So for any other lurkers out there, feel free to PM me if you have any q's. 

Everyone seems normal, met a couple of my phase 1 neighbors when they come to check the progress of their homes.  Haven't met any that were standoffish and most are pretty talkative.  A lot of families with younger kids, ours by far is still the youngest of the bunch.

To clarify total of 8 more to sell.

Not on the market:
3 models - 1 of each floorplan with driveways
1 next to the model (not sure which floorplan) - believe no driveway

On the market - these are all on 3 pack motorcourts, interior locations.
2 Nash's
2 Nolans - all Nolans have a driveway, their lot is always the furthest in on the motorcourt.

I'm not sure what elevations the unsold lots are though. 

Back