Ellwood by Richmond American at Beacon Park

Since these are not fee simple lots the lots are different for each plan. The lot lines are imaginary unlike fee simple lots where you see a fence running along the property line.

I see. Thanks IHS. What is it for Nolan, Nathaniel and Nash on 6 motorcourt (phase 6+)

Thanks.

irvinehomeshopper said:
Since these are not fee simple lots the lots are different for each plan. The lot lines are imaginary unlike fee simple lots where you see a fence running along the property line.

Hazelnut007 said:
Java123 - Just wondering if you had an epiphany  :eek: :eek:

A month ago you wrote off Ellwood completely  ;D ;D >:D >:D

Good catch!!!

But, I guess you missed my other posts on my  time line.

a> I still stand by my original comments that Nolan is designed with million flaws.
b> After researching every home in Irvine all other homes are designed as "one big flaw".
c> Decided to purchase the best of the worst as no home is perfect in that price. and Nolan is like good concept spoiled by bad architect(no offense) for some reasons.

Hope that helps.

Still looking for seller!!! Who wants to sacrifice their home for little profit?

@java123:

Not sure what you mean by this:
java123 said:
c> Decided to purchase the best of the worst as no home is perfect in that price. and Nolan is like good concept spoiled by bad architect(no offense) for some reasons.

Other than the deck, what other issues do you have with the design? Seems weird you think it's "spoiled" but you want to buy one even from another buyer.

irvinehomeowner said:
@java123:

java123 said:

Other than the deck, what other issues do you have with the design? Seems weird you think it's "spoiled" but you want to buy one even from another buyer.

Let me share few of them.

1. I would use extra guest room space for foyer and open stairwell. Even above million dollar homes have cute small guest bedrooms and spacious entrance pleases everyone.
2. Should we really need to live with head inside attic for $1m (Elev A)
3. Bathroom privacy in guest bedroom from front windows. Strangers on driveway can peek in straight.
4. Along with home, I would like to buy sign board.. "Guests, please hang your coats in your car before you walk in. Oops we don't have coat closet?"
5. My dear in-laws, use my storage space for your closet needs. Since I don't have one for you.
6. Zero lot line is not architecture problem, but money savvy RAH.
7. What is hidden inside hand rails?

and many more upstairs......

These are just few exclusive Nolan bugs.

I believe, one can still reorganize these...

And why I still want to buy this.......

Soul of the Nolan is noble. ( Drive way, living space, 4BR, California room, 6pack motor-court = Cul de Sac ) rest needs tweaking.

If I get a chance to meet architect, definitely I would share revised version of Nolan ( Nolan 2x with 2400sq ft of open floor plan in the same lot size)

Sounds like you don't need a home. You need a hotel suite. Why aren't you an architect? I am looking for someone to run my westcoast office! BTW who wears coat at the westcoast? i thought coat closet is for a vacuum cleaner and phone books? Can you imagine if my design had a coat closet other builders have to close their shop. BTW thank you for mentioning this. The absence of a coat closet is my signature among other things like clipped stairs and no linen. The trade off not having them means one more bedroom and larger bedroom sizes. Lately I am really into a loft bonus overlooking into a volume living and dining.

java123 said:
irvinehomeowner said:
@java123:

java123 said:

1. I would use extra guest room space for foyer and open stairwell. Even above million dollar homes have cute small guest bedrooms and spacious entrance pleases everyone.
3. Bathroom privacy in guest bedroom from front windows. Strangers on driveway can peek in straight.
4. Along with home, I would like to buy sign board.. "Guests, please hang your coats in your car before you walk in. Oops we don't have coat closet?"
5. My dear in-laws, use my storage space for your closet needs. Since I don't have one for you.

Soul of the Nolan is noble. ( Drive way, living space, 4BR, California room, 6pack motor-court = Cul de Sac ) rest needs tweaking.

If I get a chance to meet architect, definitely I would share revised version of Nolan ( Nolan 2x with 2400sq ft of open floor plan in the same lot size)

I have lived my entire life in California and will give up junk storage room aka coat closet in a heartbeat for that many extra sqft in any of the bedroom. The logic is simple, I (and my guets) used coats, sorry light jackets, for 30 days or less in entire year. And, chances are, those days hardly collide with their visit to my home. The bedroom? my family members use it 365 days minus vacation time.

Just can't put enough premium on the bedroom downstairs. I have used it as parent's room at one point, work from home office at another, kids have used the 4th room as their rec/craft room.

That being said, I have to admit the slanted ceilings in A-elevation was a major turnoff for me.

I agree with the following comments on my previous posts on coat closet. Rest of them still valid.

However, I would like to ask a question:

Which elevation in Nolan is better for usability and re-sale perspective? Need second thought, please

irvinehomeshopper said:
Sounds like you don't need a home. You need a hotel suite. Why aren't you an architect? I am looking for someone to run my westcoast office! BTW who wears coat at the westcoast? i thought coat closet is for a vacuum cleaner and phone books? Can you imagine if my design had a coat closet other builders have to close their shop. BTW thank you for mentioning this. The absence of a coat closet is my signature among other things like clipped stairs and no linen. The trade off not having them means one more bedroom and larger bedroom sizes. Lately I am really into a loft bonus overlooking into a volume living and dining.

java123 said:
irvinehomeowner said:
@java123:

java123 said:

Coat closet in So.Cal. home is just like having an ashtray in the car for non-smokers, you don't need one but it's handy to have one around just to fill with all kind of things.

Coat closet is typically 2x3 interior dimension by the time it is done with the dedicated circulation space and the standing room in front of it 50sf is gone. When linen and its hall fronting it it's another 60sf. These may not be much but when adding them up that 110sf is that extra bonus space or bedroom.

I dont necessarily need a coat closet, but I do like some sort of downstairs storage for my luggage.  I like when builders utilize the area under the stairs as a closet area - perfect for luggage/vacuum/etc.

Phase 11 Pricing (Last Phase other than models)

Plan 1:
900,900 (Lot 29)
907,990 (Lot 32)

Plan 2:
940,990 (Lot 28)
967,990 (Lot 33)

Plan 3:
961,990 (Lot 30)
968,990 (Lot 31)

The more expensive version of each plan represents modern elevation, park facing but I don't think it includes the 40k mandatory deck option.

JLin said:

Plan 1:
900,900 (Lot 29)
907,990 (Lot 32)

Plan 2:
940,990 (Lot 28)
967,990 (Lot 33)

Plan 3:
961,990 (Lot 30)
968,990 (Lot 31)

The more expensive version of each plan represents modern elevation, park facing but I don't think it includes the 40k mandatory deck option.

Ellwood blew through 11 phases in 4 months?  That's incredibly fast.  Makes you wonder why they're in such a hurry...  can't build them that fast.  Or maybe IHS really is King Midas.

Congrats to Ellwood!
Next GP communities take note, start phase 1 pricing reasonably.

Phase 11 move in date is...?

WTTCHMN said:
JLin said:

Plan 1:
900,900 (Lot 29)
907,990 (Lot 32)

Plan 2:
940,990 (Lot 28)
967,990 (Lot 33)

Plan 3:
961,990 (Lot 30)
968,990 (Lot 31)

Ellwood blew through 11 phases in 4 months?  That's incredibly fast.  Makes you wonder why they're in such a hurry...  can't build them that fast.  Or maybe IHS really is King Midas.
Or maybe this demonstrates the power of TI.  The posters on TI declared Elwood a winner when it opened and maybe that endorsement contributed to Elwood's success.

Happiness said:
WTTCHMN said:
JLin said:

Plan 1:
900,900 (Lot 29)
907,990 (Lot 32)

Plan 2:
940,990 (Lot 28)
967,990 (Lot 33)

Plan 3:
961,990 (Lot 30)
968,990 (Lot 31)

Or maybe this demonstrates the power of TI.  The posters on TI declared Elwood a winner when it opened and maybe that endorsement contributed to Elwood's success.

Regardless, it should make IHS very rich.  He'll be able to upgrade from a shitty view on the UWS to a Zeckendorf condo overlooking the Christmas market on Union Square.

wondering what is eye-level standing on the deck of each of the plan? Would the view of the sunset from Nolan deck (lot 31) be blocked by the other two decks in front?

Back