Ellwood by Richmond American at Beacon Park

bones said:
How do these zero lot line homes work?  Would a homeowner be able to even see his "shared" exterior wall without the other homeowner's consent? 

In most cases the exterior wall that makes up the lot line can't be seen by the homeowner unless they go onto the other homeowners property to view it.

Usually there is one exterior wall that is the property line, then if there is any fence or cinder block wall, it extends (and is connected to) the end of the property line wall.

There's a lot of these in Woodbury.  Here's an example:https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/111-Sanctuary-92620/home/7210898

Look at picture 26 (last picture)

You can see the exterior wall of the neighbor is serving as the divider between the properties, thus making up the lot line with no fence or wall in between the lots. 

The only way for the homeowner (that owns the home on the left of the picture) to fully view their wall would be to view it from on the property of the adjacent homeowner.

irvinehomeshopper said:
Because I am trying to demonstrate the lowest vanishing point elevation, the worst case scenario, still clear the adjacent roof ridges of elevation A. Had I use a higher vanishing point then you would say I am cheating by using a tall person an unlikely candidate by most opinions not the buyer demographic.

oceanmonkey said:
irvinehomeshopper said:
Apex of roof line of elevation A is 22' and eye level of Asian on the roof deck= 9'+1.33'+9'+ 1.81'+4.99999999999999999999999'=26.139999999999'> Twenty two feet of Elevation A (single story homes with upper floor built in to the roof attic)

This is the reason why I chose Elevation A to be a 1919 Sears Roebuck Cottage style where the roof lines are all ONE story where the upper story living space is trigonometrically calculated into the precise available cubic volume spaces alloted inside the roof shape rather than an awful McMansion consisting a box on top of another box wearing a huge hat (roof) just like every Mcmasions littered all over Irvine. I hope you grasp this fundamental concept.

why does it have anything to do with Asian eye level? you certainly didn't mind taking Asian money in your paycheck.

how could i missed IHS's reply.
the worst case scenario? what if YaoMing bought one in Ellwood? still count as your worst case scenario?
you need to google the shortest people on earth, and design your homes accordingly, or pretending to design homes accordingly.

Stopped by the neighborhood a saw a Plan 3 being built but noticed another deck.  Spoke to the Ellwood rep and she said that the master bathrooms on the 2nd floor have an option on having a deck on the second floor over the garage just as big as the deck on the roof. 

That's pretty sick if you ask me.  Wonder how much it would cost to add another deck?  That house has to be over $1 million if it has a rooftop deck, master bedroom deck and a driveway.  :D

FranchisePlr said:
Stopped by the neighborhood a saw a Plan 3 being built but noticed another deck.  Spoke to the Ellwood rep and she said that the master bathrooms on the 2nd floor have an option on having a deck on the second floor over the garage just as big as the deck on the roof. 

That's pretty sick if you ask me.  Wonder how much it would cost to add another deck?  That house has to be over $1 million if it has a rooftop deck, master bedroom deck and a driveway.  :D

i don't see the value to add the master bedroom deck, it has no views except neighbor's garage and drive ways. rooftop deck is a must add option if you are buying elevation B.

Didn't someone say that it's not even an option now? That elevation will have the rooftop deck regardless?

At the rate that they're selling, it should be half sold, good for them

I have a feeling we are going to see a lot more rooftop BBQ designs in new suburban developments.  Like most profitable ideas, it was right in front of us...why wasn't it done earlier?

zubs said:
I have a feeling we are going to see a lot more rooftop BBQ designs in new suburban developments.  Like most profitable ideas, it was right in front of us...why wasn't it done earlier?

Umm, maybe it's because people would traditionally BBQ in their backyard?

#backyardBBQ>rooftopBBQ

IHS has been part of IHB/OCR/TI too long... we all know those decks are for for the Z-pocalypse so you can snipe the zeds from your rooftop.

#ShootTheWalkingDead

irvinehomeowner said:
IHS has been part of IHB/OCR/TI too long... we all know those decks are for for the Z-pocalypse so you can snipe the zeds from your rooftop.

#ShootTheWalkingDead

That explains the optional turret in polished nickel available at the design center.

I got the price sheet on Sunday 9/27/15 following is previous prices that I found from this thread

Phase1          8/28/15        9/25/15          9/27/15     
Nash                $790,900    $816,490      $818,990        $818,490   
Nathaniel        $813,990    $850,990      $855,990        $850,490     
Nolan              $829,990    $868,990      $876,990        $872,990                   

The change amount is small but all 3 models are priced lower than last week and almost back to a month ago.  When we went there right after grand opening, there were a lot of people and this blog talked about how Ellwood was the best selling units.  Last Sunday, not so many, we only ran into 2 other couples.

I don't expect housing market/price in Irvine will crash or anything, but I definitely see less traffic and more price drop in existing homes for sale.

If the best selling Ellwood also has to take price cut, do you think the market is cooling off or is this their effort to sell fast anticipating slower fall/winter season?

Also noticed that the home sites with premium lots and drive ways were gone fast but later phase with small lots are sitting longer...  This was second visit to the model homes. We still like Nash layout and interior, but can't imaging being in a motor court drive way with almost no backyard/patio space crammed in the middle of 6 homes...

pricedoutJay said:
I got the price sheet on Sunday 9/27/15 following is previous prices that I found from this thread

The change amount is small but all 3 models are priced lower than last week and almost back to a month ago.  When we went there right after grand opening, there were a lot of people and this blog talked about how Ellwood was the best selling units.  Last Sunday, not so many, we only ran into 2 other couples.

I don't expect housing market/price in Irvine will crash or anything, but I definitely see less traffic and more price drop in existing homes for sale.

If the best selling Ellwood also has to take price cut, do you think the market is cooling off or is this their effort to sell fast anticipating slower fall/winter season?

Also noticed that the home sites with premium lots and drive ways were gone fast but later phase with small lots are sitting longer...  This was second visit to the model homes. We still like Nash layout and interior, but can't imaging being in a motor court drive way with almost no backyard/patio space crammed in the middle of 6 homes...

weird on the price drop. 

Yes, I thought I misread the numbers but DrTravel scanned the price sheet that he/she got and it was $4k and $5k drops for Nathaniel and Nolan.  Nash is the smallest and in between model but maintained price little better...

To me Nash is best in layout but that's just my thing...

Are you sure these aren't lot premium drops due to an inferior lot size/location and/or elevation?  What's the point of a $5k drop?  Seems kinda pointless for everyone involved. The potential buyer will probably wait for more price drops. And if $5k moves the needle for a potential buyer, then they probably aren't in a solid position to buy. The already-signed buyer is now anxious about future pricing.

The latest phase reflect a lot premium drop. Phase 4 faces a future park. The current phase faces the Lennar's Rowland townhomes

pricedoutJay said:

why is EVERYONE so surprised there are price drops and homes are not selling?  You guys have drank the kool-aid.  Prices are dropping because homes are TOO expensive and inflated.  Have we all forgotten what happened 10 years ago?  Granted I am not saying this is the same situation as before, but 30% price appreciation in the last few years is not normal, healthy nor sustainable.  Incomes do not warrant these prices.  Of course no one can predict the future, but why would anyone be surprised if people didnt (or couldnt) buy and prices started to fall?  This charade may go on another month, another year or five years, but ultimately it wont last.  As to when prices drop, that is a question no one can answer, but we all know it will happen sooner or later...

Right. Except jlin just told us one post above yours that the price drop is not a base price drop but a lot premium drop.

Back