Electrian/contractor recommendation to install Chandelier and J box

JCnOC

Hi,

Does anyone know any good  contractor/electrician with reasonable price to install a J box and chandelier? Just moved into a new condo and just realized that something is missing in my dining room.

I already know what the chandelier that I want, but need some professional that can help me to install it with a mounting bracket.

Also, what is ave price on this?

thanks

Hi.  Did you ever find a good electrician?  I need someone for a simple job - adding breakers to a panel.

Thanks,

David

I'm bumping this.

Need to replace some outlets and light switches for a rental.

I think someone said they used "Your Electrician" or something like that from Yelp. I also see all those "Call Powell Electric" ads on the Today show in the morning.

I might be able to do the light switches myself but I also want to install a GFCI outlet (I read that you only have to do one per circuit and it will protect the other outlets too).

Any recs?

I have a flickering light switch, I already googled the fix, any chance things can go horribly wrong DIY or just pay $100 for an electrician to come out? 

irvinehomeowner said:
lnc said:
Hugo from Advanced Electrical was actually recommends from you, IHO.
That was actually irvinehomeshopper.

That is not me, he is my brother.

Oops, my bad, didn't read the whole letter carefully and I was wonder why you didn't mention them since you recommend them.

ps9 said:
I have a flickering light switch, I already googled the fix, any chance things can go horribly wrong DIY or just pay $100 for an electrician to come out? 

Just fixed my first electric problem.  Looks like the connection was loose in the switch for the vanity lights in the bathroom.  Lights flicker on or remain off sometimes.  Pulled the switch out (make sure you turn off the breaker at the panel!), pulled out the two black wires to the switch.  Some discoloration to the bolts that go to the flickering switch.  So maybe it's arcing?  Not sure if thats the term.  But I plugged both black wires back in, made sure it is in full contact and flush in the switch.  Slap it all back together, put the breaker back on, and whoila:  no more flickering lights.. and I'm still alive and the house is not burnt to the ground.  (yea, feel like a chest thump right now)

article-0-09336B24000005DC-647_634x721.jpg

The discoloration is hopefully only what's intentionally done to differentiate the hot and ground terminals. 

Are you running LEDs?  I've had to replace a good number of dimmer switches to get the lights to work right.  The old (likely '90s) Lutron internals either failed or were never made to work with modern-day LEDs.

Back