Elections

locolocal

What is going on?  We have been bombarded with phone calls and junk mail from all political parties.  I don't remember it ever being this bad.  Unfortunatley, I always answer the phone, but I think I am going to vote for whomever who has not sent out harassing mail or calls even if it means voting for the incoherent and ditsy Libertarian party candidates.

locolocal said:
What is going on?  We have been bombarded with phone calls and junk mail from all political parties.  I don't remember it ever being this bad.  Unfortunatley, I always answer the phone, but I think I am going to vote for whomever who has not sent out harassing mail or calls even if it means voting for the incoherent and ditsy Libertarian party candidates.

Only 3 more days of harassment. These robo calls can get annoying. I also had a lady block my driveway as I was backing out this morning.  She wanted to hand me a political flier and ask who I was voting for Governor and Senate. Maybe I shouldn't have stopped the vehicle  ;)

iac i hope you saved the fliers from her.  You should report her, it is totally not ok to prevent someone from going about their day - standing behind your car would be like grabbing your arm as you try to leave the store and forcing you to listen to their entire spiel.  Uncool.

My bf got a robo call that said "our records show that you voted in 2008 year, please do that again!" and he freaked because he felt like it was a LITTLE more confidential than that.  I think it was a political party call -- I wonder if they call people that are registered with a different party and go "we see you voted last year  - you shouldn't vote, voting is for TOOLS you should be cool and not vote this year, thanks!"

Instead of starting a new thread... if you can vote... I urge you to please do so today.

Maybe one day there will be a ballot measure that eliminates robocalls... heh.

Which reminds me, I saw commercial on cable TV for Irvine candidates (won't say who as not to endorse anyone) and it reminded me of why I like Irvine. I think it said something about safest and "greenest" (I don't think it was referring to eco-friendliness) city.

CITY OF IRVINE Mayor
Completed Precincts: 21 of 129
Vote Count Percentage
* SUKHEE KANG 12,713 62.1%
CHRISTOPHER GONZALES 7,748 37.9%

CITY OF IRVINE Member, City Council
Number To Vote For: 2
Vote Count Percentage
JEFFREY LALLOWAY 8,849 24.4%
* LARRY AGRAN 8,402 23.2%
LYNN SCHOTT 7,546 20.8%
SHIVA FARIVAR 6,264 17.3%
CHRIS MOORE 2,899 8.0%
YUNUS AKSOY 1,144 3.2%
BIJAN MAZARJI 1,095 3.0%

R - Irvine, Irvine School Support Initiative
Vote Count Percentage
Yes 15,179 76.3%
No 4,710 23.7%

S - Irvine, Irvine Sustainable Community Initiative
Vote Count Percentage
Yes 12,731 63.8%
No 7,229 36.2%

so far

This may have gone viral by now, but for anyone who hasn't seen it:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixiYZ9DPk8o[/youtube]

Starlight East said:
ajw522 said:
Whitman has lost to Brown.

Whitman (and also Firorina) got almost 60% of the votes in O.C.

Thank you L.A and S.F.

Exactly.  Whitman And Fiorina did very well here in Orange County.  However, unfortunately statewide democrats outnumber republicans 13:1, so it was a tough race for both of them.

I like the perspective that Dennis Miller offered - to paraphrase: "I feel like I got a sweater for Christmas. Yes, it's still Christmas but everyone else got GI-Joes and I'm stuck with something else"

SGIP

Back