Elara Costa Mesa

It's not a pleasant walk from there to The Lab/Camp. Under the 73 and at night won't be fun. The ramen shop nearby (Kitakana Ban Nai) is nice though, and the area is pretty dang good for commuting to Newport Center or Long Beach. Or walk next door to NMUSD if you're a district bigwig..

Hey, there's a Mitsuwa nearby!

Soylent Red hails from Costa Mesa. I've always liked that area, but schools plus the freeway noise would be very tough sale for us.

My .02c

For being a brand new home in such a central location in OC near 405/5/73/beach/mall/food, would you guys give that a big plus? 

Does anyone know the quality of Denova?

Soylent Green Is People said:

Soylent Red hails from Costa Mesa. I've always liked that area, but schools plus the freeway noise would be very tough sale for us.

My .02c

What's "soylent red" referring to?

jtn001 said:

My .02c

What's "soylent red" referring to?

His better half.

In the film, there was Soylent Yellow, Soylent Red, and the new flavor, Soylent Green, made from umm...er...plankton....

We're a family of 4 so Soylent Blue is the newest member on my team.

My .02.

TIC should ask Denova to design some homes for them.

They fit more functionality into 2000-2400sft than some of the 3000+sft homes that are in EW/OH/PS.

Dual master closets rock!

From DeNova website:

"Building community is what we do, whether it is creating the ultimate environment for your dream lifestyle, building homeless shelters with HomeAid Northern California"
http://www.denovasocal.com/about-us/

The next big DeNova community could be coming soon to The Great Park.

Their Santa Ana project will be interesting what with Fairhaven Memorial Park only a football fields length away. Less so, if you count the homes with views of the cemetery from those units that will back Santa Clara Ave.

If I had a choice between either project, I'd buy in Santa Ana and send the kiddo's to private school. It's "freeway close" as well, but I prefer that area to the Costa Mesa location.

My .02c

Their Santa Ana project will be interesting what with Fairhaven Memorial Park only a football fields length away. Less so, if you count the homes with views of the cemetery from those units that will back Santa Clara Ave.

If I had a choice between either project, I'd buy in Santa Ana and send the kiddo's to private school. It's "freeway close" as well, but I prefer that area to the Costa Mesa location.

My .02c

Really depends on where you work. If you work in Newport Beach or near John Wayne, North Tustin/unincorporated SA is an awful slog north up the 55 north in the weekday 5pm rush hour, whereas you can easily slide down to the 73/405/55 triangle without too much pain.

Walkability is a concern with some folks as well (I know, not you). Back when I was in high school, living in Newport, I used to see this girl who lived on Fairhaven in unincorporated OC "Tustin" (Santa Ana per USPS). Nice place if you are looking for something more remote, and don't mind driving everywhere. At this Denovo project, the claim for walkability can be made, and will be enhanced as the area densifies and more amenities are added (see Costa Mesa master plan PDF herehttps://www.costamesaca.gov/modules/showdocument.aspx?documentid=316) A lot of the light industrial warehouse uses there are not an optimal use of the land. Plus, if you had to pick a freeway to cross to get into the triangle, you'd pick the least busy one which is easily the 73.

My .02c

That's like the last corner of TUSD boundary feeding Loma Vista, Hewes and Foothill High it's not Santa Ana unified.

Back