Eichler homes

cubiczirconia

Went to see this house yesterday:http://www.redfin.com/CA/Orange/732-S-Woodland-St-92869/home/3421927
We weren't looking to buy when we went in, it was more to say hello to the Realtor (he helped us buy our Irvine house). I am in love :) Not very practical given the state/ stage of our life, and needs a hundred at least to bring it up to the mark. Kids aren't very pleased with the glass and atrium.

Just for the kicks, what are the pros and cons according to you guys?
Oh, went over the hill also- kids had a question.. why does mom always bring us to these places with weird drive ways? Last time I took them to the Santiago hills..and had a hard time getting out of there  :-[

All I can see is BRAGGING RIGHTS, BRAGGING RIGHTS and BRAGGING RIGHTS!!! I do like the minimalist approach, but I am not sure if I have a minimalist life style..

Interesting home, I kinda like it that modern/retro look but it does need some updating.  I wonder if the home is BKshopper approved.  ???  ;D

USCTrojanCPA said:
Interesting home, I kinda like it that modern/retro look but it does need some updating.  I wonder if the home is BKshopper approved.  ???  ;D

Here is another Eichler.. updated. http://845talisman.com/

It has good bones. It has the potential to look way more beautiful that it is currently.

there is another nice track up the road (elsinore st) and over in 92685 (ferndale), as well as the cliff may's in LB (volk, 90808).

and a few beauties on the east side of costa mesa..

i really lust after them, but the lifestyle isn't compatible with kids, i think.  post-fledging dream.

They are great homes to look at. Eichler's were also built in NorCal. You'll find more information about those homes if you google the various Eichler blogs specifically for those in the Bay Area.

From what I recall they are difficult to keep cool and heat given the vast window space. Nothing a few enterprising engineers couldn't overcome.

My .02c.

Back