Edible Cookie Dough

qwerty

so tonite i decided to make this - edible cookie dough (no eggs)
http://centercutcook.com/edible-egg-less-chocolate-chip-cookie-dough/

on shark tank i had seen edible cookie dough company (the cookie dough cafe), their product looked really good and ive always wanted to try it but they dont ship, they are in groceries stores in the midwest and south.  then i found a place in chicago who does ship but for $40 + $20 in shipping you get 4 pints, $60 for 4 pints sounds a little pricey. so today after dinner i made the recipe in the link, took about 10 minutes (my first time baking and i didnt have a mixer, not sure if we have one so i just mixed it by hand).

the cookie dough tastes great, perfect combination of sweet/salty, perhaps a little too salty but i love salt so i was fine with it, i only used 1/2 a cup of regular chocolate chips, so the calorie count was only about 2,300 vs the 2,900 if i would have added the 1/2 a cup of mini chocolate chips.  it lasts for 5 days in the fridge and 3 months frozen.  would highly recommend to try it out. probably a good way to spend time with your kids.  the batch filled up an entire 18oz disposable Solo red cup.  ill try not to eat it all over the next five days and freeze what is left.

i kind of felt like the male mexican version of socal tonite. 

I'll ask my wife to make it... I'm a lucky guy, I just pick out any recipe I want and my wife will make it for me.

aquabliss said:
I'll ask my wife to make it... I'm a lucky guy, I just pick out any recipe I want and my wife will make it for me.

how bout this saturday i come over with my electric lawnmower and leaf blower and i cut your grass in exchange for one of those PB sheet cakes?

qwerty said:
aquabliss said:

how bout this saturday i come over with my electric lawnmower and leaf blower and i cut your grass in exchange for one of those PB sheet cakes?

My yards are still dirt but if you plant some sod and lay some pavers, you got a deal.

aquabliss said:
Not into cookie dough too much but I saw this link on the page you sent...http://centercutcook.com/peanut-butter-sheet-cake-with-chocolate-glaze/

I'm freakin hungry.

Did you end up making this? How was it? I have been catering the Wednesday night Bible study at church & do the random Potbless. I'm thinking of making this. Tomorrow I'm doing mini cherry cheesecakes with Nilla Wafer cookie crusts and then a "Better Than Sex" cake but in a Pineapple Coconut version instead of the usual B.T.S. cake.

aquabliss said:
Yeah you are...dang, they don't make them like that anymore.

Back