Eastwood Village Waiting List- How long before you got a call?

Seems like Eastwood Village is killing it. 

I like it too over the others options - just curious why others on here like it so much as well?

Abosch00 - With any community there are pros and cons.

With Eastwood some pros are: Clean non-toxic soil, central location, appealing community layout and design, lower taxes, great school district, "last" piece of new land in Irvine, no rental apartments! There are many qualities unique to Eastwood, I'm sure I'm missing some.

acf said:
Abosch00 - With any community there are pros and cons.

With Eastwood some pros are: Clean non-toxic soil, central location, appealing community layout and design, lower taxes, great school district, "last" piece of new land in Irvine, no rental apartments! There are many qualities unique to Eastwood, I'm sure I'm missing some.

To add what acf is saying, you also have Jeffrey Trails to your East, Hick Canyon Trail to your North, and Eastwood Paseo to your West. The parks are centrally located together making one gigantic area for kids, walks, picnics, etc.

Eastwood is also a smaller village compared to ST, CV, WB, given a sense of more openness. The homes also have improved designs from those in CV, ST, etc.

Everything about Eastwood feels like an improvement from all previous villages.

To add to abosch.... Eastwood feels closer to the city than beacon park or portola springs......Cypress village is nearly sold out on Zinnia 's and Caserta pricing is way too high ...its like paying a peak price due to the last few phases left...So eastwood apparently is standing out..

Since prices and hype are market driven, I think we can conclude (in retrospect) that Eastwood was neither overpriced nor overhyped. 

irvineallmylife said:
eyephone said:
irvineallmylife said:
I agree. Be persistent. I got called in both for petaluma and helena.

Did you prequal last week, and they called you now?

Got pre-qual a month or two ago for petaluma

I was being sarcastic. I already knew that it was going to be more than a week. That process takes time.

Is there any sort of pesticide toxicity concerns since this used to be farm land and it was probably drenched in pesticides?

Almost all the Irvine new build are on some sort of farm land or near a farm land and they all have disclosure warning about pesticides and fertilizers .

But you do realize that people actually consume all these produces from these lands and there are workers working in this field every day and expose to these same chemical and no issues.  I wouldn't be too concern about this. 

lnc said:
Almost all the Irvine new build are on some sort of farm land or near a farm land and they all have disclosure warning about pesticides and fertilizers .

But you do realize that people actually consume all these produces from these lands and there are workers working in this field every day and expose to these same chemical and no issues.  I wouldn't be too concern about this.

Do you think a 100 percent of the subcontractors are documented workers? If not, they will most likely not say anything.

Just a question.

eyephone said:
lnc said:

Do you think a 100 percent of the subcontractors are documented workers? If not, they will most likely not say anything.

Just a question.

Documented or not, working envirment has to met Cal OSHA safety standard or else the operator are risking big fine.  Agriculture is a big industry in CA and supposedly OSHA are watching them closely. 

Everyone use pesticides daily on their own household, we hire pest control company to spray it around our house and we even put it on our dog to prevent flea.  I guess expose to some level of pesticides is part of modern living and I wouldn't worry too much about it. 

Back