Eastwood versus Stonegate

:) no not at all. Rather IrvineHomeShopper made a very good point. This makes me like PS1 even more, as PS1 is at highest elevation among all these neighborhoods.
@IrvineHomeShopper, did I understand correctly?

YellowFever said:
Now you've really pissed off OCLuvr.

Paint, batteries, and used condoms. Fine. Not my problem.

Get over it. Cancer is induced when you are in near proximity. End of story. 

Yeah I do know about Newport Coast. But if you take one more step further and call the people who live in Newport Coast "trash", Id call you an ignorant idiot as you'd have no idea the type of people living here.

I thought there was a landfill also in Brea?

irvinehomeshopper said:
Have you walked into a trash dump and see what kind of stuff people throw away. You think landfill is for dirt and landscape waste. The trash from the entire OC is being dumped there. I certainly threw away my share of paints, batteries, and motor oil in milk cartons. Have you seen what Santa Ana residents put in their trash?

I am not trying to rate which neighborhood is worst but only to debunk your paranoia of contamination and yet you rated certain neighborhood so highly. It is highly contradictory to your preaching.

You do know that Newport Coast is on top of a trash dump? I guess may be you already knew and therefore trash dump friendly.

The Orinda Landfill will be closed in 4 years it's capacity is limited. Diamond Bar and the Pomona Valley trash are assigned to the Brea site. Frank Bowerman still have a little less than 40 years left before reaching its full capacity. The elevation is currently at 1100. Just remember all water and subsurface drainage direction is flowing south westerly. The Plume flows south westerly. It is flowing at the tightest contour lines. Portola Springs is not exempt because there is a man made retention basin on the landfill side of the toll road and there is a storm drain pipe beneath the toll road and the lower side of the storm drain pipe exited at PS adjacent to LR. The new PS at a higher elevation is at a much better location because of the rising contour lines. Water does not flow uphill.

eyephone said:

irvinehomeshopper said:
Have you walked into a trash dump and see what kind of stuff people throw away. You think landfill is for dirt and landscape waste. The trash from the entire OC is being dumped there. I certainly threw away my share of paints, batteries, and motor oil in milk cartons. Have you seen what Santa Ana residents put in their trash?

I am not trying to rate which neighborhood is worst but only to debunk your paranoia of contamination and yet you rated certain neighborhood so highly. It is highly contradictory to your preaching.

You do know that Newport Coast is on top of a trash dump? I guess may be you already knew and therefore trash dump friendly.

Are you referring to PS4 location regarding basin?

irvinehomeshopper said:
Portola Springs is not exempt because there is a man made retention basin on the landfill side of the toll road and there is a storm drain pipe beneath the toll road and the lower side of the storm drain pipe exited at PS adjacent to LR. The new PS at a higher elevation is at a much better location because of the rising contour lines. Water does not flow uphill.

eyephone said:

irvinehomeshopper said:

Throughout the years of reading this blog and knowledge sharing. I have often values most people contribution. IHS writing and teaching is dead on correct. I then reading this chart of environmental hazard that put out by someone claim sometimes to be entertainment purpose, other times, have too much time on hand to do something deem as useful. Other times claim to use this chart for ranking long term investment and steer clear of hazardous community.
Any person see and read this blog and live in Irvine over a long period of time will agree that this chart bear no values.

All of the writing from IHS are thoughtful and showed deep understanding of the subject matter expert. Someone with high caliber of training and education.

I would take this advice over some chart any days.

Profanity and trash talk is nowhere to gain support and show the person integrity and honesty.

Buying a place for many is thinking about what it will be worth when one sells it. Meanwhile living with compromises in the home such as tight spaces and not having enough of outdoor space and living among undesirable neighbors.

All this just for making some good bucks many years from now. I buy a home for lifestyle and whether the home is a right fit for me and not my future resale buyer.

I saw families including myself suffered in homes that is worth a lot of money in the future. I lost years living in homes that were a good investment but were not a good fit. 

No one sees their home as the house one would live in forever to raise children and grand children and eventually pass it on to the heirs. As the homeowners think of short term ownership no one will invest in neighborhood bonding and permanence.

The best neighborhoods are the one where many homeowners owned their homes for 50 years. This is the biggest reason Irvinites do not know their neighbors. Many homes in Irvine are designed for a specific phase of families and unable to adapt to family expansion or maturity. This is why people move so much within this city to find another house that fit then rinse and repeat.

Rather giving advise which neighborhood or project is a good buy. I suggest buying a house that you can adapt to for the future phases of your life. What Irvine has to offer led you here because of the good schools and safety. Buy the house that s the right fit and not the ones yield the highest resale price.

Homeowners got bore of the sameness after a few years when the new home smell wore off. They got to move again in about 5 years. Focus on the walkable neighborhood with destination amenities.

In 2 decade this will become a midrise city. The identity of autocentric suburbia will be challenged by a new pedestrian walkable city. The current way of life has been status quo since the 1970's. Irvine living will shift to a new paradigm.

Think about your home whether it will be compatible with the future. If not it will become the next Deerfield, El Camino or College Park. Both Turtle Rock and Woodbridge will continue to be desirable because of open space, nature, curvilinear streets and topography.

For the time being there will be no 4th level of living space or covered decks. The building codes mandate a second set of stairs for egress. This would be too cost prohibitive and takes up too much land. What we will likely see in the future would be elevator served large building up to 6th stories with a donut shaped corridor. The homes  would be a flat and may be a 2 story townhouse at the penthouse level.

Thanks IHS. So that I understand clearly, won't landfill Plume start to fill up lower elevations--e.g. Stonegate, Woodbury etc--before impacting PS1 which is at much higher elevation? (Probably, the same way TCE plume impacts woodbridge the most although it is far from epicenter)

irvinehomeshopper said:
The Orinda Landfill will be closed in 4 years it's capacity is limited. Diamond Bar and the Pomona Valley trash are assigned to the Brea site. Frank Bowerman still have a little less than 40 years left before reaching its full capacity. The elevation is currently at 1100. Just remember all water and subsurface drainage direction is flowing south westerly. The Plume flows south westerly. It is flowing at the tightest contour lines. Portola Springs is not exempt because there is a man made retention basin on the landfill side of the toll road and there is a storm drain pipe beneath the toll road and the lower side of the storm drain pipe exited at PS adjacent to LR. The new PS at a higher elevation is at a much better location because of the rising contour lines. Water does not flow uphill.

eyephone said:

irvinehomeshopper said:

As far back as I can remember, especially after every market downturn, real estate professionals have claimed the traditional suburbs and mcmansions are obsolete and the future lies in mixed use walkable neighborhoods. However, for the past 30 years, this has not happened. For example, developers like Toll have continued to build neighborhoods of mcmansions based on a decades old formula that is supposed to be obsolete but Toll continues to laugh all the way to the bank (OH, HC, etc.) notwithstanding the predictions of the experts.

The moral is obvious: consumers pay little heed to what the experts think and will buy what they want.  Developers like Toll understand this,

Happiness said:
As far back as I can remember, especially after every market downturn, real estate professionals have claimed the traditional suburbs and mcmansions are obsolete and the future lies in mixed use walkable neighborhoods. However, for the past 30 years, this has not happened. For example, developers like Toll have continued to build neighborhoods of mcmansions based on a decades old formula that is supposed to be obsolete but Toll continues to laugh all the way to the bank (OH, HC, etc.) notwithstanding the predictions of the experts.

The moral is obvious: consumers pay little heed to what the experts think and will buy what they want.  Developers like Toll understand this,

This actually is probably true in the cities like LA, Portland, etc.  Suburbia be suburbia.. you only live outside the city for a reason.

Yup, they always declare mc mansions are dead but the fact is that they have trouble selling them after the market tops out because they are more expensive and people can't stretch enough to buy them.

OTOH every market peak I've seen happens after the builders raise the sq footage to bigger than the last peak so when people were claiming bubble, bubble and this is the top I thought nope.......... houses are not exceptionally large and luxurious tract homes. I've been wondering if the homes in Orchard hills are going to mark the top of this cycle (or at least a time when houses really don't appreciate). There is only so far u can go raising the low priced homes with the higher sq footages not keeping pace before those price increases can't be sustained.

Rinse, wash, repeat. Mc Mansions aren't going to be dead....... ever.

wonder if stonegate will sell better now that its zoned to Northwood high. i heard lot of parents are happier that they are zoned to NW High vs Portola.

Back