Eastwood@Night

soysen

Wow, I stopped by Eastwood tonight and was completely blown away by the parks at night. Take a look.

70b70x.jpg

acf said:
Are you trying to sell me on Eastwood? It does look nice lol

I have to admit, I wasn't a fan before the grand opening, but I've changed my mind. Eastwood has the potential to be one of the best communities in Irvine.

acf said:
Are you planning on buying a place?

Yes, it looks like even with the risks to the economy now is the time to strike. As soon as I get a chance to strike that is....how long is the priority list now?!  :eek:

sounds like we are in the same boat Soyi. Why do you feel like it's the right time to strike despite the looking slow down/recession?

Which homes are you interested in? I'm looking at petaluma.

Cornflakes said:
So, brighter than usual tree upighting is selling the EW homes? TIC does know to differentiate.

Its not just the tree up lighting that makes EW desirable. BP can put the same lights and it still wouldn't have the buzz like EW.

Eastwood does feel grand.  Wide entrance street lined with giant eucalyptus trees, brilliantly lighted.  It feels like a much better community than Stonegate and PS.  It also feels like a natural progression for the younger couples who lived at Woodbury to move to when they start their family. 

Unfortunately their houses are not very impressive when compared to BP. 

Didn't go to the grand opening, and haven't gone to see the models yet. But I had a feeling that Eastwood was going to be very nice community just from looking at the location. It seems to be in the sweet-spot of not being ridiculously close to the landfill (like parts of Portola Springs and Stonegate), and having the convenience of being close to the 5 (but not as close as Cypress Village where the noise can become a nuisance). The only thing I could see wrong with EW is the proximity to the trailer park, but who knows; maybe TIC will buy it out and build a shopping center or Eastwood II ;).

Overall, I'm looking forward to seeing what's currently being offered, and to see what will be offered in the future on lots 5-9.

Attachments

• EW.jpg
    EW.jpg
    188.7 KB · Views: 269
So far it is very nice, but how do you feel about the amenities/parks to homes ratio? Compared to Stonegate or Woodbury, it seems like a lot less yeah?

acf said:
So far it is very nice, but how do you feel about the amenities/parks to homes ratio? Compared to Stonegate or Woodbury, it seems like a lot less yeah?
Does that really matter?
I get you are doing your due diligence. Would you want to pay more HOA for more parks?

Depends on how much more, I'd pay a little more to get more parks.  More greenery and less dense housing and cars.

acf said:

Eastwood will be less dense since it does not have any apartment complexes like SG, CV, or OH. What also won me over was that the entire community is surrounded by trails (Hicks Canyon up North, Jeffery Trails to the East, and Paseo to the West) all of which are accessible without crossing major intersections. It's really nice they built a tunnel that connects Eastwood over to Jeffery Trail.

I can't wait to see the two additional parks open up.

acf said:
sounds like we are in the same boat Soyi. Why do you feel like it's the right time to strike despite the looking slow down/recession?

I will look to buy Petaluma. It brings the most value when weighed against the price. Tell me if you're able to snag a home!  ;)

It's the right time to strike because it is never the right time to strike. The future is unpredictable, all we can do is gauge our needs against the risks and feel if the timing is right. It's different for everyone. Use the Force.

soyi said:
acf said:

I will look to buy Petaluma. It brings the most value when weighed against the price. Tell me if you're able to snag a home!  ;)

It's the right time to strike because it is never the right time to strike. The future is unpredictable, all we can do is gauge our needs against the risks and feel if the timing is right. It's different for everyone. Use the Force.

Also if buyer waited for another year or two to take the plunge, all the sub-one-million home at EW will be gone. Unless buyer are looking at existing homes,  only available new home in Irvine under $1M 18 month from now will be limited to PS and GP.

Due diligence is a good word for it. I started another thread about the lack of a dedicated lap pool in EW, and this will be greatly missed coming from Woodbury.

I'll let you know if I snag one :). I am picky about the exact home I want so if I can't get it, I won't get anything.

Just curious, why do you figure Petaluma's are the best value? They have a higher ppsqft than the other places.

Inc - you make a good point. I guess if you want the latest floorplans, you may need to bite the bullet and take a hit on the home price when it drops if the economy slows/drops. whether it's worth it or not depends on how bad you want new.

soyi said:
acf said:

#soundslikepeerpressure
;)

acf said:
I'll let you know if I snag one :). I am picky about the exact home I want so if I can't get it, I won't get anything.

Just curious, why do you figure Petaluma's are the best value? They have a higher ppsqft than the other places.

Inc - you make a good point. I guess if you want the latest floorplans, you may need to bite the bullet and take a hit on the home price when it drops if the economy slows/drops. whether it's worth it or not depends on how bad you want new.

soyi said:
acf said:

Back