Eastshore Elementary School, Woodbridge - Any input?

Chuck_IHB

We have been looking at some homes that feed in to Eastshore Elementary School in Woodbridge, and we were surprised to see the relatively low ranking of 114 for this school vs. other Woodbridge schools such as Meadow Park, which ranked #9, and Springbrook, which ranked #28. Does any one have any experience with this school that they could share? I'm not sure how much I should worry about thses rankings, but we do want to find a school with good parental involvement, good teachers, etc. Thanks!

I attended Eastshore untill 2000 when I moved to Westpark for their 5th and 6th grade APAAS program. In my opinion, it is definitely an awesome school, and the teachers I had were spectacular. As for the parents, every Woodbridge school has healthy parental involvement, but it also varies class by class, so get involved! All the Woodbridge schools are more or less equal (think of it as a 4-way tie for 1st place), so the only unique factor is their location.

[quote author="cmoore" date=1248830559]I attended Eastshore untill 2000 when I moved to Westpark for their 5th and 6th grade APAAS program. In my opinion, it is definitely an awesome school, and the teachers I had were spectacular. As for the parents, every Woodbridge school has healthy parental involvement, but it also varies class by class, so get involved! All the Woodbridge schools are more or less equal (think of it as a 4-way tie for 1st place), so the only unique factor is their location.</blockquote>

Thanks for the input! I agree that you can't really go wrong in Irvine, and maybe I shouldn't worry too much about this year's rankings....we live next to Meadow Park now and we have heard a lot of great things about the school from our neighbors, but I don't know anyone with kids at Eastshore so I was just curious if there was anything we were missing....

I have friends that have had 3 kids go thru Eastshore-- they have been very happy there. That school has had a strong reputation for many years. I think it is pretty solid.

We have one child currently at Eastshore and we have been very happy there. Very good experiences with the principal and teachers. The one reason that I've heard about the lower scores and less parental involvement is the demographics (maybe just anecdotal evidence). Eastshore seems to draw from more apartments and condos than other Woodbridge elementary schools. Thus, you may have fewer stay-at-home moms, which usually translates to less parental involvement. Eastshore does have an APAAS program in grades 4-6 and these students can come from other neighborhoods. Sometimes the APAAS parents are not as involved since it's not their neighborhood school.

Overall, the school gets a high rating from us.

[quote author="ocnative" date=1249020869]We have one child currently at Eastshore and we have been very happy there. Very good experiences with the principal and teachers. The one reason that I've heard about the lower scores and less parental involvement is the demographics (maybe just anecdotal evidence). <strong>Eastshore seems to draw from more apartments and condos than other Woodbridge elementary schools</strong>. Thus, you may have fewer stay-at-home moms, which usually translates to less parental involvement. Eastshore does have an APAAS program in grades 4-6 and these students can come from other neighborhoods. Sometimes the APAAS parents are not as involved since it's not their neighborhood school.

Overall, the school gets a high rating from us.</blockquote>

Respectfully, Springbrook has way more apartments and condos than Eastshore.

Back