Dream Vacations

<p>for a trip to Hawaii with kids, I was actually looking at Sheraton on Maui, but it's a bit too pricey if you want to stay for 10 days as I originally planned. so i'm looking at my other options. </p>

<p> </p>

<p> </p>

Try tripadvisor.com, they have hotel reviews there. Have used it for all my vacations in the last few years to figure out where to stay.

Also, if you are planing on any pricy activies (ex. scuba trip, helicopter ride) - this <a href="http://www.a3h.org/a3h-goldcard.html">http://www.a3h.org/a3h-goldcard.html</a> card is worth getting well in advance. A little hassle, but if you go to the site at the beginning of each month, you can get the excersions for half off sometimes.

I'm a fan of cruises. Been to Mexico, the Caribbean and Europe (Mediterranean) on different cruises. Someday I'd love to see some more of Europe like that, and perhaps Australia/New Zealand that way too.

<p>Gosh IC. Thanks for remembering and asking. </p>

<p>The concert is on Jan. 20. My girls are excited.</p>

<p>Awgee, </p>

<p>Since the threat is about dream vacation, I figure the HM trip would be your daughters' but probably not yours. But they still serve free alcohol in Vegas, right </p>

<p>Sorry, I haven't been to the Bahamas in ages. I keep wanting to go to fantasy fest in Key West, but somehow have never made it.</p>

<p>I'd like to go back to Italy. I'd like to see England and Ireland and Scotland. I'd like to bicycle ride thru the Chateau countryside in France. Trouble is, the hub can't ride on airplanes, gets deathly sick. </p>

<p>And since he works at NASA, he gets the skinny on all the latest motion sickness drugs.</p>

<p>They don't work on him.</p>

<strong><em>for a trip to Hawaii with kids, I was actually looking at Sheraton on Maui, but it's a bit too pricey if you want to stay for 10 days as I originally planned. so i'm looking at my other options. </em></strong>>

blackacre, seeing as you have Kids I'd highly recommend a Condo in Maui if that's the island you're planning on going to , that's what we did the last two years, I have great luck with Hawaii Aloha Vacations and I can highly recommend dealing with a very sweet Lady called Mahea, She's very knowlegable, oh, and on Maui, a Jeep is essential because you have to drive the road to Hana while you're there.>

Another tip is to pick your Jeep up at the Airport and as you drive up the main drag, look for Costco, so on the way to your accomodation you can stock up with Cases of Water, Meat for a BBQ , Milk and anything else you fancy and keep it in the Fridge in the Condo, just be sure to call the Condo's before doing so to make sure your unit is ready ....>

Last March, I think from memory, we paid $2800 for 10 Days including the flight, Condo and Jeep, plus the Condo was ground floor and ON the Beach, it's awesome to sit on the Lanaii first thing in the morning with a Cup of Coffee and watch the Whales, March is Whale season by the way....we stayed on the west North West Coast just above Lahaina, which meant we saw all the gorgeous sunsets...>

Most Condo's come with full Maid service exactly the same as a Hotel (just check before booking)...that was my Wifes main concern because she wanted to be on vacation too...>

<a href="http://www.alohavacationshawaii.com/">http://www.alohavacationshawaii.com/</a>>

Oh, one last recommendation, don't climb UP Haleakala on a Bicycle, yes, it is as tough as it looks...trust me >

<p>Blackacre-seeker,</p>

<p>There are so many great beaches in Maui and plenty of places where the waves won't be too daunting. Enjoy!</p>

<p>blackacre, the last two times we've been (2006/7) we have never seen any big waves, just the usual surf...</p>

<p>The interesting thing about Maui is that there are no Seagulls, no, it's not because it's too far for them to fly, it is because Maui has no Tide...in fact, I don't think any of the Islands have a Tide but I'm positive Maui doesn't...</p>

<p>If you like to swim in the ocean I'd recommend the west coast from Lahaina and up...</p>

We are in Hong Kong right now(yes I check from overseas), but we just spent the last week in Bali Indonesia with my wife as our extended honeymoon. The people are extremely friendly, speak English just about everywhere, and they all take the extra step to make your stay comfortable. If you are looking for the ultimate privacy, they have these pool villas where it's just you and that special someone in that villa with your own private pool. They come to your villa to cook your breakfast in person, have shuttles that pick you up and drop you off right in front of your door, and the staff know you by name and service your needs. They also have mega-resorts such as Conrad or Intercontinental where they offer personalized butler services, afternoon childcare services (so that you can spend the time alone with that someone while the kids are off enjoying their own activities), and so on. The price for these resorts are about $220-250 USD a day, a steal if you ask me.

I'm in puerto vallarta this week......seems like a nice place.....

Any information on the direction of Mexico Real Estate Prices.

Anyone interested in visiting cuba when it opens up? Currently US citizens are not allowed to visit but it is supposed to be beautiful and unspoilt by consumerism

<em>"it is supposed to be beautiful and unspoilt by consumerism"</em>

That will change once the communist regime is gone. The don't have problems with consumerism because they don't have anything. I know someone who visited there recently, and I was told the locals use their own currency, and it is a crime to hold hard currency from other countries. It is one of their theft deterrent measures.

Irvine Commuter - that pic is the hotel we stayed at for the honeymoon - bora bora pearl resort. I couldn't recommend it any higher. We went around the whole island and I liked that location the best. It is out on the reef so the views are all back towards the island across the lagoon. Spectacular and very private. The only way to get to that hotel is by boat....there is not a single road on the little spit of sand that it is on. They pick you up by boat at the airport. Only drawback is that if you want to eat anywhere but the hotel restaurant is that you have to get on another boat. There are worse problems to have.

<p>There are plenty of hotels in Cuba catering to European vacationers. Miami Cubans go there all the time to visit relatives. My secys have all gone to visit or have relatives who live there and regale me with stories about how 3rd world it is. They stay with the relatives, not in hotels.</p>

Back