Downstair Bed/Den

Always get the bedroom if you want to increase resale value.  A room has to have a closet in order to count as a bedroom.  The closet can be used as storage for an office or other room. 

Just to provide a counter stance:

Go for the den, make it a kick ass library/piano room/kids room/2nd TV/man den/getaway spot

I assume it's either den or bedroom right?  Majority of new homes in Irvine, you enter and there's a boring grandma bedroom to the left or right.  Then you walk straight to get your great room/kitchen combo.  Differentiate yourself with a well decorated secondary space.  Add a French door to the den if possible (Maricopa plan 2?). 

When the time comes to sell you'll agent will advertise it as a 4th bedroom down regardless if it's a den or a room with a closet :)

ps9 said:
Just to provide a counter stance:

Go for the den, make it a kick ass library/piano room/kids room/2nd TV/man den/getaway spot

I assume it's either den or bedroom right?  Majority of new homes in Irvine, you enter and there's a boring grandma bedroom to the left or right.  Then you walk straight to get your great room/kitchen combo.  Differentiate yourself with a well decorated secondary space.  Add a French door to the den if possible (Maricopa plan 2?). 

When the time comes to sell you'll agent will advertise it as a 4th bedroom down regardless if it's a den or a room with a closet :)

Ps9 - you hit the ball out of the park regarding the false advertising of the den and advertising it is a bedroom. I also have seen agents advertise that there is ac when their isn't. Then the agent will tell me it's like only $1 grand for a central air unit with installation. (Which is false, maybe in the 1970s)
I have also seen adding sq ft that is not permitted.

Back