Downsides to living in Irvine

Liar Loan said:
Paris said:
qwerty said:
Burn That Belly said:
qwerty said:
-Massage parlors
-Hookers in most apartment complexes throughout the city for convenient access

Speaking from prior experience I presume.

I have friends in low places

omg hilarious!  ;D
Someone said housing in Irvine is expensive but isn't SD expensive too for much older homes. At least our expensive homes are somewhat newer, less repairs...
I've looked at homes outside of Irvine because you can get so much more house (and yard) in other places but I keep coming back to Irvine. You can't beat the cleanliness, amenities, quality of schools, central location etc.

I think it comes down to some people are fans of master planning, and some people aren't.  San Diego is definitely more varied and interesting than Irvine is.  I used to like Irvine in the 90's, but once they started down the path of high density development I stopped being a fan.  I would prefer older areas with big backyards and stable neighborhoods, without an HOA breathing down my neck.

You would really like the Turtle Rock area then (if you don't already live in that part of Irvine)  :) I actually do love the more mature areas of Irvine like Turtle Rock. The stucco boxes of Stonegate, EWV just doesn't do it for me. I just hate dirty cities with mismatching everything and powerlines all over the place (like parts of LA).

Back