Door between master bedroom and bathroom

Irvine2Irvine said:
iceman said:
That is stupid how they charge so much for that door.  Just another reason why my wife and I are glad we didn't buy one of those new Woodbury homes.  We find that the door to be a benefit for us as we have some different schedules, I have an office job while my wife is a nurse.
Actually, Montecito charged in the $300 range, which may be less than having it done later on.  Sonoma was $575.  Could not understand the difference of $200+.  I guess one is greedier than the other.
All those builders are just damn greedy pigs in my opinion.  Trying to charge over $10/sf to install some decent tiles or $14/sf to install hardwood.  Talk about robbery.  It's bad enough where the prices are for these things and how tiny the lots are and then they try to      the buyers with those insane upgrade prices.  NO THANKS!!!  We are so glad we didn't buy one of those new Woodbury homes!

PPBABA said:
Carmel charges lik $950 :(

Irvine2Irvine said:
iceman said:
That is stupid how they charge so much for that door.  Just another reason why my wife and I are glad we didn't buy one of those new Woodbury homes.  We find that the door to be a benefit for us as we have some different schedules, I have an office job while my wife is a nurse.

Actually, Montecito charged in the $300 range, which may be less than having it done later on.  Sonoma was $575.  Could not understand the difference of $200+.  I guess one is greedier than the other.  Not sure how much Carmel charges as I never got their options price list.
That's insane, some of you people need to start complaining to them and maybe they'd change things.

when my parents bought their first ever "new" home (investment property up north) they were shocked and horrified by all the little addon costs.  They swore they'd never do it again and they pretty much turned me off to it too.    And because of the way their builder waranty worked they felt like they HAD to because any substantial changes they made might mean that complaints would get brushed off as stuff done by someone else.    And a lot of it was stuff like, the models had much larger cabinets, but the STANDARD cabinets were unusably tiny  - no one would EVER chose the standard cabinets because they were worthless (except maybe IAC rentals, they don't believe in cabinets there either).

PS: can't you guys just use a different bathroom in the house if you have a schedule conflict?  WE have 2 bathrooms at our place and we do that anyway even though we have a door, just so you dont' disturb the other person.

iceman said:
PPBABA said:

Irvine2Irvine said:
iceman said:

Actually, Montecito charged in the $300 range, which may be less than having it done later on.  Sonoma was $575.  Could not understand the difference of $200+.  I guess one is greedier than the other.  Not sure how much Carmel charges as I never got their options price list.
That's insane, some of you people need to start complaining to them and maybe they'd change things.

I did complain to the Sonoma design center and told them Montecito was $200 less.  Probably wouldn't do any good.
Sonoma DID lower the price for electrical add-on options such as ceiling fan prewire, canned lights, and addtional electric outlets.  I was taking all those options so it save me several hundred dollars compared to the initial price they gave me.  They said they looked at the new upcoming developments and saw their price was too high (which I agree) so they lowered them.  I bet they still won't give money back to people who past the cut-off dates.

Maybe with enough complaining and more importantly the refusal to take the option, it can make a small difference.

Irvine2Irvine said:
iceman said:
PPBABA said:

Irvine2Irvine said:
iceman said:

I did complain to the Sonoma design center and told them Montecito was $200 less.  Probably wouldn't do any good.
Sonoma DID lower the price for electrical add-on options such as ceiling fan prewire, canned lights, and addtional electric outlets.  I was taking all those options so it save me several hundred dollars compared to the initial price they gave me.  They said they looked at the new upcoming developments and saw their price was too high (which I agree) so they lowered them.  I bet they still won't give money back to people who past the cut-off dates.

Maybe with enough complaining and more importantly the refusal to take the option, it can make a small difference.

How much did Sonoma charge for the ceiling fan prewire and canned lights?

annabanana said:

I will give the initial price I got  and the final price I paid.
The ceiling fan prewire with 2 switches went from $300 to $210.
4 canned light set went from $750ish to $518.

Irvine2Irvine said:
annabanana said:

Carmel prices for the ceiling fan prewire and canned lights seem pretty close in line with those you got at Sonoma, 480 for 4 canned light, and I think the prewires are about 280ish

PPBABA said:
Irvine2Irvine said:
annabanana said:

Carmel prices for the ceiling fan prewire and canned lights seem pretty close in line with those you got at Sonoma, 480 for 4 canned light, and I think the prewires are about 280ish

Don't tell the builders, but I was going to take the option at a higher price anyway.  Some things are just better to be done by the builder than ripping out walls later on.

Back