Dogs left in cars

qwerty

Working from home today. Wen to go run some errands and picked up some Taco Bell at culver plaza. Parked  in the parking lot to eat my food and I see a small dog in the car next to me. White M5. The dog is panting, back windows rolled up front windows cracked about 1 inch. Called The cops. The kid and his girlfriend came back to their car, I had already been there 10 minutes. It's 74 outside but the car heats up fast if all the windows aren't down. Got out of my car, knocked on his window. He put his window down and told him, I was a fellow dog owner and as much as we like to take our dogs with them its best to just leave them at home. He can't even speak English (Asian) and tries to use his hands to tell me how much his windows were cracked. He implies the front windows were cracked 4-5 inches. I told him they weren't and that to look at how his dog was panting. Fucking idiot. He came out his car with a drink in hand, not a takeout bag so they must have been having lunch for what 30-40 minutes while his dog was in the car? I should have just broken the window and taken the dog. Since he came back called IPD to cancel the call.

So just a reminder not to take your dogs out. While we think it's not that hot, you should sit in your car with the windows up even its 75 and see how hot u get. So don't be like this idiot.  His behavior pissed me off so I wanted to to tell him to learn some fucking English while he is at it but didn't want to get arrested for a hate crime :)

SoCal said:
Please be culturally sensitive. The guy was just slow cooking it for tonight's dinner. 

I was going to joke about that as well but left it for someone else :)

qwerty said:
Working from home today. Wen to go run some errands and picked up some Taco Bell at culver plaza. Parked  in the parking lot to eat my food and I see a small dog in the car next to me. White M5. The dog is panting, back windows rolled up front windows cracked about 1 inch. Called The cops. The kid and his girlfriend came back to their car, I had already been there 10 minutes. It's 74 outside but the car heats up fast if all the windows aren't down. Got out of my car, knocked on his window. He put his window down and told him, I was a fellow dog owner and as much as we like to take our dogs with them its best to just leave them at home. He can't even speak English (Asian) and tries to use his hands to tell me how much his windows were cracked. He implies the front windows were cracked 4-5 inches. I told him they weren't and that to look at how his dog was panting. Fucking idiot. He came out his car with a drink in hand, not a takeout bag so they must have been having lunch for what 30-40 minutes while his dog was in the car? I should have just broken the window and taken the dog. Since he came back called IPD to cancel the call.

So just a reminder not to take your dogs out. While we think it's not that hot, you should sit in your car with the windows up even its 75 and see how hot u get. So don't be like this idiot.  His behavior pissed me off so I wanted to to tell him to learn some fucking English while he is at it but didn't want to get arrested for a hate crime :)
If it makes you feel any better, you probably scared the sh*t out of him.  Asians have nightmares about Mexicans knocking on their car windows.

;D oh what a community hero qwerty! You should have kicked his ass!!

Some people think animals are their accessories! Really pisses me off - that poor animal. And the sad thing is he'll probably do it again  :mad:

irvinehomeowner said:
Paris is so violent.

#IsAMarineGonnaGetMe?

;D sorry - I'm just a very passionate person - especially when it involves the well being of domestic animals

There should be a site where people can log these folks, pics, license plates, etc
But I guess it would suck if an innocent person bought the car later and having it damaged by pita members

I'm with Qwerty on this. Nice move to call the cops. Wish they were there early enough to do something.

Been thinking about printing stickers that say "I left my dog in the car on a hot day" that could be peeled and stuck on the front window. Keep a few in the car for just that type of pet owner. They're terrible to scrape off and they won't leave a mark, but the message would sure be heard. Just trying to see if there's some way to prevent my DNA from being transferred so as to make a clean get away.

Everyone has a camera phone these days...pics or it didn't happen.

actually i believe you but I just like pics.

zubs said:
Everyone has a camera phone these days...pics or it didn't happen.

actually i believe you but I just like pics.

i did take a pic of the plate so i could give the plate info to the cops. but no pic of the pup.

WillJoy said:
A bigger question remains though. Why did you decide to eat in the parking lot?

I was going to run one more errand so I didn't come home and eat and instead of eating inside the restaurant I ate in the car so I could listen to sports radio while having the AC on.

qwerty said:
WillJoy said:
A bigger question remains though. Why did you decide to eat in the parking lot?

I was going to run one more errand so I didn't come home and eat and instead of eating inside the restaurant I ate in the car so I could listen to sports radio while having the AC on.

qwerty is too cheap to tip...  thus, he order take out.  how do i know???  b/c it takes one to know one...  :)

Back