Does landfill odor affect home value?

stuartsitu

I just moved to Irvine and I am looking for a property to buy. I smelled a strong landfill odor at Woodbury in the past a few weeks especially in the morning. How do residents feel about this and does it affect home value at Woodbury? I think I also smelled it along Sand Canyon and I5 near Irvine Spectrum. Not sure which landfill it’s coming from.

Thanks for the information! Do people live nearby the landfill just get used to the odor and live as if it doesn’t exist..?

I am from Bay Area and in Bay Area there’s this infamous odor that is 10x worse than here in Irvine. However, I think If nothing is done to the landfill, Irvine will be next..

I am thinking if I should avoid areas near the landfill..

Thanks for the information! Do people live nearby the landfill just get used to the odor and live as if it doesn’t exist..?

I am from Bay Area and in Bay Area there’s this infamous odor that is 10x worse than here in Irvine. However, I think If nothing is done to the landfill, Irvine will be next..

I am thinking if I should avoid areas near the landfill..
I remember smelling that landfill when I used to go to Great Mall.

I love the smell of clean, fresh ocean air. That's why I choose not to live near the noxious landfill smell of Irvine.

Foreign cash buyers (FCB's) that don't occupy their properties probably don't care.

Exactly! I know people who don’t consider Milpitas because of this. Irvine is definitely not that bad but curious if it’s just a matter of time..
My office is on the Milpitas border - who woud ever want to live in Milpitas? The Great Mall is the most depressing mall i've ever visited and that landfill smell is atrocious - you could smell it from 2nd floor conf rooms across the Cisco campus. Milly Penis as it's known locally is sort of equivalent to Garden Grove.

My office is on the Milpitas border - who woud ever want to live in Milpitas? The Great Mall is the most depressing mall i've ever visited and that landfill smell is atrocious - you could smell it from 2nd floor conf rooms across the Cisco campus. Milly Penis as it's known locally is sort of equivalent to Garden Grove.
You gonna have Liars Loans object to that of smells as he from Garden Grove. Cultures is good, no?

lol, I grew up there, very familiar with it! The cow smell in Chino, Corona (smell is gone now right?) reminded me of how overpowering smells can get. Does it smell like that in Irvine in the north parts?

You gonna have Liars Loans object to that of smells as he from Garden Grove. Cultures is good, no?
When I think of Garden Grove, I think of kBBQ and that's a good smell. Sorry, Irvine's smell is vomit-inducing compared to Garden Grove's.

Last edited:
lol, I grew up there, very familiar with it! The cow smell in Chino, Corona (smell is gone now right?) reminded me of how overpowering smells can get. Does it smell like that in Irvine in the north parts?
The smell in Eastvale was pretty bad the first few years, but the last few years until I moved last year, I haven't really smelled anything. Chino still has some dairy farms left, so it still smells.

Back