Do you like your child’s Irvine high school and why?

Harv

I am new to the area and my child is starting 9th grade in the Fall. She is super bright, non-athletic type, and enjoys competitive academic competitions. We are considering which high school might be best? Do you like your child’s Irvine high school? Why?

What part of Irvine are you in? Are you able to choose which high school or do you get assigned one based on where you live? I've heard that University High and Northwood High are academically very competitive.

A kid can be cream of the crop elsewhere but he/she is just cream of the cheesecake in irvine, nothing special 🤓.

I am new to the area and my child is starting 9th grade in the Fall. She is super bright, non-athletic type, and enjoys competitive academic competitions. We are considering which high school might be best? Do you like your child’s Irvine high school? Why?

Note that parts of Irvine is in Tustin school district:

My 2 kids attend(ed) Portola High School for all 4 years. It's a fantastic school all around. The inclusive culture on campus is absolutely phenomenal. Kindness is a top priority. Lots of arts/creative/STEM options for non athletic types. Plenty of clubs. Solid academics. Not as competitive as some other Irvine schools, but plenty of high performing students get accepted to very prestigious universities.

My 2 kids attend(ed) Portola High School for all 4 years. It's a fantastic school all around. The inclusive culture on campus is absolutely phenomenal. Kindness is a top priority. Lots of arts/creative/STEM options for non athletic types. Plenty of clubs. Solid academics. Not as competitive as some other Irvine schools, but plenty of high performing students get accepted to very prestigious universities.

Back